Latest Blog Posts »
- Throwback Thursdays: Healing in Hong Kong 4 days ago A few weeks after Hershey crossed the rainbow bridge, I told Hubs that there was no way in hell I wanted to be anywhere near Vienna when the one year anniversary mark hit. We looked around for a new place to visit and decided on Hong Kong. It was far away and didn’t resemble anything […]
- Throwback Thursdays: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child 1 week ago In October 2015, my friend Emily asked if I would be interested in tickets to the upcoming Harry Potter play in London. Of course I was! She proceeded to wait in a “virtual line” for six hours. She originally wanted to obtain tickets for Summer 2016, but by the time it was her turn she […]
- Darling Dubrovnik 2 weeks ago Dubrovnik has been on our bucket list even before our move to Europe. Hubs and I have heard nothing but great things about Dubrovnik. After four and a half years, we finally made our way “next door”. Austrian Airlines flies non-stop from Vienna to Dubrovnik, seasonally. It’s definitely not...
- Throwback Thursdays: Hunting for Polish Pottery 2 weeks ago I’m going to restart my Throwback Thursdays series to backtrack and blog about the adventures we took over the last year or so. Those who follow me on Instagram have seen glimpses of what we’ve been up to. It’s the only platform of social media that I use consistently these days. Hubs and I...
- Starting again 2 weeks ago When I started this blog in 2013, I never thought I’d stop. It’s been a little over a year since I last posted. I’ve thought about my blog from time to time, especially after each trip we’ve taken since. In 2015, the blog was mainly just journaling our trips. I miss that. Because even...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Formosan Serendipity
14:17 PM February 13, 2014
Elaine's blog paints for us a true picture of an American's life in Vienna. Her frankness, honesty, and ability to capture the personal side of even the mundane makes it enlightening and entertaining to read and share. The details are clear enough that the readers are left feeling as though they are part of the ex-pat life with her, and her ability to embrace the new and exciting and different makes us all want to be. Well done!
14:19 PM February 13, 2014
My wife has put her heart and soul into this blog. She came up with the idea before we moved to Austria about a year ago. I've read every one of her fantastic accounts of our life abroad and cherish each entry as something to look back on and remember. I'm very proud of her and her writing. I know she will continually write interesting articles and come up with more great ideas.
14:47 PM February 13, 2014
A well written blog about her new life in Vienna, Austria and her other adventures. Thanks!
21:28 PM February 13, 2014
I love reading Elaine's accounts not only of her expat life here in Vienna, but also her travels in other parts of the world, too. Even as another American living in Vienna, she has seen and done many things that I haven't, and I've learned a lot (and added quite a few things to my own "to do in Wien" list)!
22:07 PM February 13, 2014
Elaine's blog is fabulous! She gives such an honest, heartfelt account of her life abroad in Austria. Her pictures and writing are great - I feel like right there with her! A great read!
22:42 PM February 13, 2014
One of my most very favorite reads! Getting a notification that Elaine has posted a new blog entry literally makes my day. Keep up the fantastic work!!
16:31 PM March 29, 2017
Thank you for your interesting article and colorful photos!