Latest Blog Posts »
- Christmastime in Siem Reap (Part One) 2 days ago After over 24 hours of travel and three flights, Hubs and I finally made it to Siem Reap. We both arrived delirious and had to get through two more hurdles. Thank goodness we planned well in advance and secured our e-visas before arrival, because as soon as we arrived in the immigration hall, it...
- Espectacular España: Madrid 2 months ago Alas, our last stop on our whirlwind Spanish adventure. I’m not going to lie, we came to Madrid for the art, food and shopping! The Prado Museum was a huge must on our list. But, instead of roaming around on our own, we hired a private guide (our tour group consisted of just four people). […]
- Espectacular España: Córdoba 2 months ago Córdoba, a thousand years ago was considered a “metropolis” of the Islamic world. It was on par with other Islamic cities, such as Baghdad in its time, with a population of around 500,000 – unheard of in those times. It was a great cultural, political, financial, and literary center....
- Espectacular España: Ronda 2 months ago A few years ago while perusing other traveler blog posts, I came across one about Ronda, Spain. Up to that point, I hadn’t even heard of this little town in the middle of nowhere. The blogger’s pictures of a town perched on a cliff overlooking a gorgeous gorge was all it took for me to […]
- Espectacular España: Granada 2 months ago Granada means pomegranate in Spanish, sits in the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas, and is home to the famous Alhambra. Interesting fact: Any Spanish word beginning with “Al-” was derived from Arabic, there are at least 4000+ Spanish words contributed from Arabic. This was our second stop...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Formosan Serendipity
14:17 PM February 13, 2014
Elaine's blog paints for us a true picture of an American's life in Vienna. Her frankness, honesty, and ability to capture the personal side of even the mundane makes it enlightening and entertaining to read and share. The details are clear enough that the readers are left feeling as though they are part of the ex-pat life with her, and her ability to embrace the new and exciting and different makes us all want to be. Well done!
14:19 PM February 13, 2014
My wife has put her heart and soul into this blog. She came up with the idea before we moved to Austria about a year ago. I've read every one of her fantastic accounts of our life abroad and cherish each entry as something to look back on and remember. I'm very proud of her and her writing. I know she will continually write interesting articles and come up with more great ideas.
14:47 PM February 13, 2014
A well written blog about her new life in Vienna, Austria and her other adventures. Thanks!
21:28 PM February 13, 2014
I love reading Elaine's accounts not only of her expat life here in Vienna, but also her travels in other parts of the world, too. Even as another American living in Vienna, she has seen and done many things that I haven't, and I've learned a lot (and added quite a few things to my own "to do in Wien" list)!
22:07 PM February 13, 2014
Elaine's blog is fabulous! She gives such an honest, heartfelt account of her life abroad in Austria. Her pictures and writing are great - I feel like right there with her! A great read!
22:42 PM February 13, 2014
One of my most very favorite reads! Getting a notification that Elaine has posted a new blog entry literally makes my day. Keep up the fantastic work!!
16:31 PM March 29, 2017
Thank you for your interesting article and colorful photos!