Latest Blog Posts »
- Life Lately: New Beginnings 11 months ago It’s been nearly five months since Hubs and I experienced an extreme loss. I can tell you that for the first two months, we were operating on “survival mode”. Food didn’t taste like anything, I didn’t leave the house unless I was forced to, and the numbness that went with it all. We were...
- Hershey's Heartbreak 1 year ago This has been one of the most difficult posts I’ve written to date. 2015 ended on a very devastating note for Hubs and me. We had to let our precious Hershey cross the rainbow bridge. It was one of the most excruciating decisions that we’ve ever had to make. But in the end, we had […]
- A unique Parisian souvenir 1 year ago Ever wish there was a way to take the best travel pictures without having to resort to using a selfie stick, or hoping another tourist will take a picture of you and your loved one(s) and be able to capture the picture just right? Whenever Hubs and I travel, I have no shame in asking people […]
- Life Lately: Trying to fit into the mold 1 year ago It seems like my blog has turned into more of a travel one than expat for about a year now. As we’re inching closer to our three year anniversary in Vienna, I’d like to take time to reflect on what’s been happening during the last year. The first two and half years were great. I […]
- Paris is always a good idea 1 year ago Ahhh, Paris! When mentioning the ‘City of Light’, people tend to think romance, art, Eiffel Tower, and all the other stereotypes that they associate with this city. This visit was more special than the first time I was there. Hubs had never been to Paris (or France) and I would be experiencing...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Formosan Serendipity
14:17 PM February 13, 2014
Elaine's blog paints for us a true picture of an American's life in Vienna. Her frankness, honesty, and ability to capture the personal side of even the mundane makes it enlightening and entertaining to read and share. The details are clear enough that the readers are left feeling as though they are part of the ex-pat life with her, and her ability to embrace the new and exciting and different makes us all want to be. Well done!
14:19 PM February 13, 2014
My wife has put her heart and soul into this blog. She came up with the idea before we moved to Austria about a year ago. I've read every one of her fantastic accounts of our life abroad and cherish each entry as something to look back on and remember. I'm very proud of her and her writing. I know she will continually write interesting articles and come up with more great ideas.
14:47 PM February 13, 2014
A well written blog about her new life in Vienna, Austria and her other adventures. Thanks!
21:28 PM February 13, 2014
I love reading Elaine's accounts not only of her expat life here in Vienna, but also her travels in other parts of the world, too. Even as another American living in Vienna, she has seen and done many things that I haven't, and I've learned a lot (and added quite a few things to my own "to do in Wien" list)!
22:07 PM February 13, 2014
Elaine's blog is fabulous! She gives such an honest, heartfelt account of her life abroad in Austria. Her pictures and writing are great - I feel like right there with her! A great read!
22:42 PM February 13, 2014
One of my most very favorite reads! Getting a notification that Elaine has posted a new blog entry literally makes my day. Keep up the fantastic work!!
16:31 PM March 29, 2017
Thank you for your interesting article and colorful photos!