This International Life
Latest Blog Posts »
- Settling into Edinburgh 1 month ago About time for a wee blog update, isn’t it? Let’s fast forward from my month in Tokyo (we’ll come back to it, I promise) and jump all the way up to present day, where Scott and I are just your typical, everyday serial expats settling in after yet another international move....
- Tokyo: things that look like sweet potatoes 2 months ago This is not a sweet potato. It’s an homage to a sweet potato: a sweet-potato-shaped bread roll with sweet-potato filling. In the novelty-filled world of Tokyo, it fits right in. Here’s another one: sweet-potato-shaped novelty ice cream (available from Lawson convenience stores). Alas...
- Plum blossom season in Tokyo 2 months ago As it turns out, mid-February through mid-March is the perfect time to catch the plum blossoms in Tokyo. They don’t carry the fame or multitudes of cherry blossoms, but they have a certain charm. Several parks around the city have plum tree groves, including Shinjuku Gyoen
- And now for something completely different 3 months ago Greetings from Tokyo. I’ve been here for four days; so far I’ve spent most of my stay wandering around taking photos, sleeping at inappropriate times, and going out with friends.
- Edinburgh: the apartment hunt 4 months ago We’re more than a week into the hunt for a flat in Edinburgh, and it’s been quite the rollercoaster. We’ve seen some horrible places, and some less-horrible ones, but nothing that we’ve fallen in love with yet. The main problem is our stuff. It’s always the stuff. When...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » This International Life has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!