This International Life
Latest Blog Posts »
- Eating Tokyo: Kushiage Hantei 1 week ago Kushiage was one of the many types of Japanese dining we experienced in Tokyo. It basically consists of deep-fried food on bamboo sticks, but that description doesn’t really do it justice. We had our kushiage experience one evening at Kushiage Hantei, a very gaijin-friendly restaurant in the...
- Broadway, baby 2 weeks ago This post is basically just a couple tips for anyone who might be hoping to see some theater in New York City. As in London, TKTS is our favorite way to get half-price tickets to excellent shows in NYC. On our most recent trip to New York we picked up some very good seats for […]
- Edinburgh: experiencing the Scotch Whisky Experience 3 weeks ago On our recent bout of being tourists in our home town, we headed up the Royal Mile to the Scotch Whisky Experience. Edinburgh itself doesn’t contain any whisky distilleries, so tourists in the city seeking knowledge of Scotland’s great liquid usually end up here. “Does it include a...
- Notes from a winter in Edinburgh 2 months ago Despite being low on snow (one of my favorite wintery things), Edinburgh is extremely alluring in the winter months. (Stop laughing – I’m serious.) Winter just suits Edinburgh, with its medieval architecture and cozy pubs and whisky and fireplaces and all. I almost don’t want spring to...
- How to watch live American TV abroad (like the Super Bowl) 3 months ago Given that there’s a big American TV event coming up, now seems as good a time as any to share this fun little morsel. Last Thanksgiving Julie was hoping to watch the Macy’s parade, but we were surprised at how difficult it was to find it live online. I did some poking around and came […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » This International Life has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!