This International Life
Latest Blog Posts »
- Edinburgh's Hogmanay: the street party 3 days ago Edinburgh turns its city center into one gigantic party for New Year’s Eve, a day known in Scots as Hogmanay (pretty much tied with the German Silvester for most adorable thing to call New Year’s Eve). Various stages go up around Edinburgh, each hosting multiple acts throughout the evening. One...
- Edinburgh's Hogmanay: the torchlight procession 2 weeks ago After a very expat Christmas in the US, we came back to Edinburgh to experience the glory that is Hogmanay for the first time. The Scots seem convinced that they invented New Year – after all, what song does the rest of the world sing at the stroke of midnight? – and we were very […]
- Scenes from an American supermarket, and other notes from a trip to the motherland 3 weeks ago We’ve been expats for a long time now. Trips back to visit the US are still strange, yet extremely familiar in their strangeness. There were no big moments of reverse culture shock on our Christmas trip “home”, but there was plenty of culture-based amusement. Our itinerary always involves a...
- Scotland: soaking up the Isle of Skye 1 month ago Our road trip through the western Highlands ended with several relaxing days on the Isle of Skye. It was raining as we crossed the bridge to the island, but that didn’t stop the scenery from drawing us in from the start. Our first stop was Portree, the main town on the island, for a look […]
- Western Highlands: Plockton 2 months ago It was still raining as we pulled into Plockton, but the charm of this small seaside town was evident even through the dreich. We happily found our hotel (Plockton Hotel) amongst the charming old crescent of buildings along the water, checked in, and parked ourselves by the fire in their pub for a...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » This International Life has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!