Living a Dream in China
Latest Blog Posts »
- Happy Chinese New Year 4 days ago Once again it’s time for a brand new year, the year of the monkey. This past year has been especially exciting for us as we welcomed our baby girl and we can’t wait to see what monkey has in store for us! I’ll be sharing photos when all the festivities are over, right now […]
- Out and about with a baby 2 months ago Staying at home day in day out isn’t really my thing, not even with a small baby. Even though I didn’t do the Chinese postpartum zuo yuezi, I still got bored of being at home as I was used to go around the city teaching my students. But how to go out and take your […]
- Zuo yuezi - Chinese postpartum traditions 4 months ago Yesterday I went to the park with our baby and my mother-in-law who was taking care of my nephew, her grandson. We had a lovely walk around the small pond, but then we got to the play ground where my nephew likes to look at other kids playing. He’s not even 6 months yet, so […]
- May I introduce... 4 months ago Today I want to introduce you to someone special, someone who has totally taken our hearts and made us fall in love with her. May I introduce our precious baby Anna! She was born two weeks ago and there are many stories and blog posts to be told about how it’s like to give birth […]
- How to pass HSK level 1 5 months ago HSK is the official Chinese Proficiency Test that is a great way to set goals or check your Chinese level. Sometimes having a clear goal in form of a test gets you more motivated to hit those flashcards or strike up conversations with the local Chinese. Taking HSK1 is the first step on your ladder....
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Living a Dream in China
17:02 PM July 09, 2013
I came across this blog while going through a number of blogs written by foreigners living in China. Being the extraordinary experience it is, China has a lot to offer from a completely different culture to many different places to see. I enjoy reading this blog from time to time as it is an honest and is straight from the heart of the blogger, so much so that the readers can relate to, specially the ones who have experience living in China.
22:06 PM July 10, 2013
I really like this blog. I live in Atlanta in the US, and my wife (of 11 years) is originally from Guangzhou, so I was happy to find someone with a Western perspective to tell me a little about the city life there. The writer is very good at taking the pulse of the world around her. She has unusual experiences and is brave and honest about her reactions. She has a very good attitude towards her life in China, but pulls few punches - a real person in a real place. She has a good heart, and that shows through, too. I've spent a few months in other parts of China, and her take on the life of the foreigner rings true. I know that I can stay on top of things in faraway Guangzhou as long as she keeps writing!
20:29 PM July 14, 2013
I lived in China for 7 years, including one in Guangzhou, and I was looking for information on universities in Guangzhou when I found this blog. I can say this is one of the best blogs on China. Most of them are alright, as they will bring at least one person's view of that great big unwieldy beast we know and love. But this blog has the right balance between a tried-and-true expat who understands both the language and the culture (without getting all lecture-y or preachy) and that of a newbie ready to explore everything and anything, and she really can't wait for you to come, too. I would recommend this blog to both people prepared for a serious move to China or to people who are just passing through.