Living a Dream in China
Latest Blog Posts »
- The art of being super cute 3 days ago Like I’ve written before, I like to take our baby out where ever I’m going. She took the bus when she was 2 weeks old, metro at 1 month old and just last week a plane at 5.5 months old. We’ve been to cafes, restaurants, parks, shopping malls and visiting friends. There is one common […]
- Giving birth in China: Guangzhou Women and Children's Medical Center 1 week ago Our baby girl is almost six months now, but let’s go back to last year and the exciting and scary experience of giving birth in China! I had chosen the Women and Children’s Medical Center because after my research and asking other mothers in the area, I think it was the best option within my...
- Welcome Back! 1 week ago My blog has experienced a lots of problems during the past month and was hacked and cleaned a few times in a row. I hope that those problems are now past us and I can continue blogging! These months I’ve been very busy with out beautiful baby girl and it’s a real joy to see […]
- Chinese New Year 2016 3 months ago Chinese New Year starts with preparations that I usually take part, but now taking care of our baby girl was more than enough this year. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law prepared the ghost money to be burned. On the eve of the new year, decorations are put up the doors, doorways and where ever...
- Happy Chinese New Year 3 months ago Once again it’s time for a brand new year, the year of the monkey. This past year has been especially exciting for us as we welcomed our baby girl and we can’t wait to see what monkey has in store for us! I’ll be sharing photos when all the festivities are over, right now […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Living a Dream in China
17:02 PM July 09, 2013
I came across this blog while going through a number of blogs written by foreigners living in China. Being the extraordinary experience it is, China has a lot to offer from a completely different culture to many different places to see. I enjoy reading this blog from time to time as it is an honest and is straight from the heart of the blogger, so much so that the readers can relate to, specially the ones who have experience living in China.
22:06 PM July 10, 2013
I really like this blog. I live in Atlanta in the US, and my wife (of 11 years) is originally from Guangzhou, so I was happy to find someone with a Western perspective to tell me a little about the city life there. The writer is very good at taking the pulse of the world around her. She has unusual experiences and is brave and honest about her reactions. She has a very good attitude towards her life in China, but pulls few punches - a real person in a real place. She has a good heart, and that shows through, too. I've spent a few months in other parts of China, and her take on the life of the foreigner rings true. I know that I can stay on top of things in faraway Guangzhou as long as she keeps writing!
20:29 PM July 14, 2013
I lived in China for 7 years, including one in Guangzhou, and I was looking for information on universities in Guangzhou when I found this blog. I can say this is one of the best blogs on China. Most of them are alright, as they will bring at least one person's view of that great big unwieldy beast we know and love. But this blog has the right balance between a tried-and-true expat who understands both the language and the culture (without getting all lecture-y or preachy) and that of a newbie ready to explore everything and anything, and she really can't wait for you to come, too. I would recommend this blog to both people prepared for a serious move to China or to people who are just passing through.