Living a Dream in China
Latest Blog Posts »
- Good Chinese Wife - A Love Affair With China Gone Wrong 5 days ago Good Chinese Wife by Susan Blumberg-Kason is the must read book this year about China and international relationships. In this memoir Susan describes how she moves to Hong Kong for her master’s degree and by chance meets a handsome Chinese […]
- What it's like to be on a Chinese TV quiz show 1 week ago My first appearance on Chinese TV came this July when I participated in the quiz show called Hello中国 (Hello China). Guangdong TV Station started the show in May 2014, so it’s a relatively new show in television. Every week they […]
- My Crazy Chinese Mother-In-Law 3 weeks ago Behind every couple, there’s the crazy Chinese mother-in-law Recently Timo at Crazy Chinese Family once again shared a story of his mother-in-law and My Hong Kong Husband shared how her first week with the Momzilla went. I even left a […]
- Yes, you can learn Chinese! 3 weeks ago Recently I got an email from Alexander who wished for inspirational words and encouragement to help him push forward in learning Chinese. Here is his email: Good morning, Sara My name is Alexander. Yesterday I occasionally found your blog, where […]
- How Does One Dress to Buy Dragonfruit? True Stories of Expat Women in Asia 4 weeks ago What it’s like to be a Western woman living in the Asia? Trying to respect and learn the culture while still holding on to your dear values and ideas. No other book can better express the different stories we have […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Living a Dream in China
17:02 PM July 09, 2013
I came across this blog while going through a number of blogs written by foreigners living in China. Being the extraordinary experience it is, China has a lot to offer from a completely different culture to many different places to see. I enjoy reading this blog from time to time as it is an honest and is straight from the heart of the blogger, so much so that the readers can relate to, specially the ones who have experience living in China.
22:06 PM July 10, 2013
I really like this blog. I live in Atlanta in the US, and my wife (of 11 years) is originally from Guangzhou, so I was happy to find someone with a Western perspective to tell me a little about the city life there. The writer is very good at taking the pulse of the world around her. She has unusual experiences and is brave and honest about her reactions. She has a very good attitude towards her life in China, but pulls few punches - a real person in a real place. She has a good heart, and that shows through, too. I've spent a few months in other parts of China, and her take on the life of the foreigner rings true. I know that I can stay on top of things in faraway Guangzhou as long as she keeps writing!
20:29 PM July 14, 2013
I lived in China for 7 years, including one in Guangzhou, and I was looking for information on universities in Guangzhou when I found this blog. I can say this is one of the best blogs on China. Most of them are alright, as they will bring at least one person's view of that great big unwieldy beast we know and love. But this blog has the right balance between a tried-and-true expat who understands both the language and the culture (without getting all lecture-y or preachy) and that of a newbie ready to explore everything and anything, and she really can't wait for you to come, too. I would recommend this blog to both people prepared for a serious move to China or to people who are just passing through.