Living a Dream in China
Latest Blog Posts »
- Our Finnish-Chinese Love Story 23 hours ago Yesterday, one year ago, I met my boyfriend Alan. It was 8th of December 2012 and I was invited to a Finnish pre-Christmas party in Foshan. It was held in a luxurious expat home of a Finnish family and I […]
- Life of a China Fanatic 5 days ago My first phrasebook in middle school was my dad’s Berliz from the 1980′s I was a huge China fan back in middle school and even more so in high school. I found my Chinese name online and let everyone know […]
- Thesis defence in Chinese and on the doorstep of graduation 1 week ago It’s been a hectic week here in Guangzhou, can’t believe it’s Monday again! Those days last week before Friday all let to my thesis defence on the 29th. It was one of the most nervous days of my life, making […]
- Chinese Corner: How to pass HSK test 2 weeks ago As many of you know, this Autumn I have started working at a Chinese language center where we train Chinese teachers and offer tutoring for foreigners in Mandarin Chinese. Tomorrow night will be the first event I’m organizing and I […]
- How To Apply For The Confucius Institute Scholarships 2 weeks ago Today’s guest post comes from Emily who shares her experience and tips on how to apply for the Confucius Institute Scholarships and study in China for free. I started taking Chinese classes at the Confucius Institute last fall, and after […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Living a Dream in China
17:02 PM July 09, 2013
I came across this blog while going through a number of blogs written by foreigners living in China. Being the extraordinary experience it is, China has a lot to offer from a completely different culture to many different places to see. I enjoy reading this blog from time to time as it is an honest and is straight from the heart of the blogger, so much so that the readers can relate to, specially the ones who have experience living in China.
22:06 PM July 10, 2013
I really like this blog. I live in Atlanta in the US, and my wife (of 11 years) is originally from Guangzhou, so I was happy to find someone with a Western perspective to tell me a little about the city life there. The writer is very good at taking the pulse of the world around her. She has unusual experiences and is brave and honest about her reactions. She has a very good attitude towards her life in China, but pulls few punches - a real person in a real place. She has a good heart, and that shows through, too. I've spent a few months in other parts of China, and her take on the life of the foreigner rings true. I know that I can stay on top of things in faraway Guangzhou as long as she keeps writing!
20:29 PM July 14, 2013
I lived in China for 7 years, including one in Guangzhou, and I was looking for information on universities in Guangzhou when I found this blog. I can say this is one of the best blogs on China. Most of them are alright, as they will bring at least one person's view of that great big unwieldy beast we know and love. But this blog has the right balance between a tried-and-true expat who understands both the language and the culture (without getting all lecture-y or preachy) and that of a newbie ready to explore everything and anything, and she really can't wait for you to come, too. I would recommend this blog to both people prepared for a serious move to China or to people who are just passing through.