Living a Dream in China
Latest Blog Posts »
- Wedding Planning In China 1 week ago Life’s been busy since the new semester started few weeks ago. Starting of my master’s degree means lessons, lectures and internship. On top of that I have started tutoring a beginner learner two times per week. Lots of exciting things! […]
- See me on Chinese TV show Hello中国! 3 weeks ago My first appearance on the Chinese TV is finally here! It was shown on GDTV late Thursday night this week and yesterday a friend of mine already found it online. Last month I wrote about how its was like to […]
- Wuzhen Water Town 4 weeks ago Wuzhen Water Town is a famous and popular travel destination near Hangzhou. Wuzhen has a history of 1300-years and ancient Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal flows through the town. As a representative of the ancient water town architecture and culture, it has […]
- Travel posts on the way 1 month ago During my four and a half years in China I’ve been traveling quite a lot from Beijing to Hainan island in the South. You can find all my published travel stories on Travel in China page. This year it was […]
- Planning a trip to Hangzhou and Suzhou 2 months ago After I graduated in December 2013 I have been doing a little freelance copy-writing, some teaching and wedding planning of course. But staying at home for these past months have been very hard for me. I don’t have classmates to […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Living a Dream in China
17:02 PM July 09, 2013
I came across this blog while going through a number of blogs written by foreigners living in China. Being the extraordinary experience it is, China has a lot to offer from a completely different culture to many different places to see. I enjoy reading this blog from time to time as it is an honest and is straight from the heart of the blogger, so much so that the readers can relate to, specially the ones who have experience living in China.
22:06 PM July 10, 2013
I really like this blog. I live in Atlanta in the US, and my wife (of 11 years) is originally from Guangzhou, so I was happy to find someone with a Western perspective to tell me a little about the city life there. The writer is very good at taking the pulse of the world around her. She has unusual experiences and is brave and honest about her reactions. She has a very good attitude towards her life in China, but pulls few punches - a real person in a real place. She has a good heart, and that shows through, too. I've spent a few months in other parts of China, and her take on the life of the foreigner rings true. I know that I can stay on top of things in faraway Guangzhou as long as she keeps writing!
20:29 PM July 14, 2013
I lived in China for 7 years, including one in Guangzhou, and I was looking for information on universities in Guangzhou when I found this blog. I can say this is one of the best blogs on China. Most of them are alright, as they will bring at least one person's view of that great big unwieldy beast we know and love. But this blog has the right balance between a tried-and-true expat who understands both the language and the culture (without getting all lecture-y or preachy) and that of a newbie ready to explore everything and anything, and she really can't wait for you to come, too. I would recommend this blog to both people prepared for a serious move to China or to people who are just passing through.