Love and Life in Nicosia
Latest Blog Posts »
- Hand Cream: protect your lovely hands 14 hours ago Hand cream is my best friend. That and Cadbury's hot chocolate. In the past few days the temperatures in Cyprus have severely plummeted and the wind has cranked up several notches. Oh and there is snow in the mountains and the surrounding villages. And a lot of it. Enough for the ski resort in...
- Midweek Mix 11/12/2013 1 day ago sourcesourcesourcesourcesource
- what living alone has taught me *so far* 2 days ago I have been living on my own for 7 months now. When the boyfriend first left, I wrote this post which, looking back, clearly outlines my mixed emotions concerning this situation. 7 months later, I am not going to lie, I still have my shaky days. You know the ones where all you want is a hug and...
- home post: cushions and candles 3 days ago Over the past three years we have lived in 2 different apartments and living away from "home" means I have had to give myself a little checklist to ensure my home away from home is, well, a home. Mirrors are one thing on my checklist because they make any little apartment feel huge and...
- sunday sound #45 5 days ago
Contest Entries »
- Life on a Sunshine Island Writing Contest October 2012 Growing up I was unbelievably shy; I say unbelievably because if you meet me now, you would never guess that I was the quiet little girl hiding behind my mother’s skirt. Over the years I have come out of my shell, developed a sense of myself and...
- An insider’s top 10 for expat life in Cyprus Writing Contest March 2013 For traditional Meze – Kypriaki Taverna: Agios Dhometios, Nicosia I’m a foodie at heart and therefore my stomach simply sings everytime someone mentions a Meze. To properly enjoy a Meze you should be hungry, because the small plates of food...
- Classic Cyprus Culture Shock by a British Expat Expat Culture Shock Culture shock is an inevitable part of expat life. If you are brought up in one specific culture and decide to embark on an expat adventure, transplanting yourself to another geographic location, there is no doubt in my mind that you will experience...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Cyprus Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Cyprus!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Love and Life in Nicosia
17:48 PM November 05, 2012
A great blog looking at expat life in Nicosia.
16:05 PM November 29, 2012
An interesting blog which keeps developing. Congratulations.
01:55 AM December 05, 2012
Mimi is a wonderful, kind person. Her blog is always great to read and I love learning about all the unique things in and around Cyprus.