Circles in the Sand
Latest Blog Posts »
- The power of the patch 2 days ago Browsing through my emails this evening, my eye was drawn to a press release from Unilever Arabia about Dove’s new social experiment involving women not happy with how they look. I don’t know why I felt compelled to watch the YouTube video (Dove’s latest attempt at a viral video), but I...
- A mother's Thursday night 6 days ago Me: “Right come on, upstairs. Now.” Son1: “But it’s the weekend. And I haven’t finished watching YouTube!” Me: “Well, how many more minutes are left? Eighteen. No way. Too many. It’s getting late.” Son1: “Can we have a day off from shower?” Me: “Yes, if you come upstairs,...
- Travel post: Sharjah Uncovered 1 week ago I’m tagging this as a travel post, but if you live in Dubai, you don’t have to go far to discover Sharjah – an emirate of contrasts with some prized assets and great-value family attractions. After moving to the UAE in 2008, it was a couple of years before I stepped foot in Sharjah. My […]
- An Easter bonnet (for a boy) 2 weeks ago Thursday is the last day of term for Son2 and his school is holding an Easter parade for the two Foundation years. I always find Easter a bit of an enigma here as it’s distinctly unspring-like. While in other parts of the world, friends and family are experiencing the joys of spring and life...
- The Dubai 'yes' (read: no) 2 weeks ago Last week, on the day of all that rain, DH and I did the school run together and decided to get some breakfast before going home. We splash through the rain and walk into one of my favourite places, which if I tell you has period-inspired, chintzy décor and looks like a dolls’ house (think […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Circles in the Sand has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!