Latest Blog Posts »
- The 13 best Dutch food and drinks to devour at Christmas time 2 months ago Guys, is it even December if we don’t talk about food!? It’s dark and cold outside, so you might as well use the excuse of Sinterklaas, Kerst (Christmas) and Oud en Nieuw (New Year) to sit indoors and get as fat as Santa. So without further ado, I present to you Bitterballenbruid’s 13 best...
- My 2017 Highlights 3 months ago I’ve never written a post like this before (except perhaps this one) so please excuse the narcissism. Normally I keep things like this for my diary, but I think sometimes it’s good to share. I’m quite a private person, but do you know what… I’m grateful for this year and I aint afraid to...
- The 10 best pubs & bars in Hilversum (updated Oct 2017) 4 months ago I first wrote this list about a year and a half ago, but things have changed since then! So it’s time for an update. Here’s a local’s guide to the best pubs and bars in Hillywood: 1. Cafe ‘t Tolhuis This is staying at #1 as it’s still my favourite pub in Hilversum. I kinda […]
- Leiden in pictures 4 months ago I was looking through some old photographs last night and found some rather cute ones I took of Leiden in April last year. I’ve not got a lot to say about Leiden to be honest as I’ve only been twice. It’s a nice place to go and wander around for a few hours as it’s […]
- 20 things that happen when you have visitors over to the Netherlands 4 months ago We’ve all been there. Your friends or family want to come over and visit you! YAY! “Where do you want to go?” (You’re hoping for aaaaaanything but Amsterdam.) “Amsterdam…?” *sigh* “OK. You know there’s more to Holland than just Amsterdam though, right?” “Oh but I reeeeeally...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Bitterballen Bruid
12:54 PM July 16, 2015
Very entertaining blog for both expats and Dutch people like me. Bitterballenbruid has a great eye for things that are typically Dutch, which are described in detail and with typically English wit.