Latest Blog Posts »
- Thank you and good night... 2 months ago It has dawned on me that my teeny tiny thank you about the blog awards in my last post was rather lacklustre and fleeting, sorry. So let’s rectify that. I have posted my thanks on my social media channels, but perhaps there are readers out there who only follow me via the blog and therefore […]
- 5 places I'll be hanging out by the beach this summer 2 months ago This weather right now is giving us a delicious taste of more sunny days to come in the Netherlands (I hope!!) and what better way to hang out in the sun than by the beach? Dutch people love terraces (terrasjes) when the sun’s out but I like to go one further when I possibly can. […]
- 4 years in the Netherlands - am I finally feeling homesick? 2 months ago I’m not sure I’ve ever experienced homesickness before (hmmmm… except maybe when I went to Brownie camp when I was about 9 or 10). But since I’ve been living in the Netherlands? Nah! Not at all. Missing my family and friends, yes. Missing English pubs, definitely. English food in general,...
- Weird things Dutch people do: hanging their duvets out of the window 3 months ago I’ve caused quite a stir on my Facebook page today! And it’s all about the very exciting subject of… DUVETS! Hahahahaha!
- Rokjesdag...? 3 months ago Hi guys, I don’t know about you… but looking at the weather forecast, I’m pretty sure tomorrow is going to be Rokjesdag in the Netherlands! ‘Rokjesdag’ literally meaning ‘skirt day’ is the first day in spring when women suddenly decide it’s warm enough to wear a skirt with bare...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Bitterballen Bruid
12:54 PM July 16, 2015
Very entertaining blog for both expats and Dutch people like me. Bitterballenbruid has a great eye for things that are typically Dutch, which are described in detail and with typically English wit.