Anna Likes Rice
Latest Blog Posts »
- But It's Good 1 year ago This picture is one of my favorites from this entire year, even if it was taken just a week ago in an attempt to take a family portrait for our Christmas cards this year. Mabel wasn’t having it, in fact, she cried every time our friends pointed a camera in her direction. I was hoping a...
- A Snapshot from Today 1 year ago Mabel and her friend Zoe, scarves around their heads, swords at the ready. When I came out to the backyard with my camera to take their photos, they were in the middle of deciding who was going to be Captain Hook.
- Life Lately : Since We've Been Back 2 years ago Since we moved back in April, Mabel has started preschool, turned FOUR, and gotten over the shock of living in the States again. There were some major freak-outs when we first got back. Permanence and moving were huge topics… "Mom, are we moving to this playground?" "No, Mabs, we are just...
- sourceIsn't this lovely? What if you need it all? 2 years ago sourceIsn't this lovely? What if you need it all?
- Summer, Fall, and Soup 2 years ago My whole apartment smells like diced onion and garlic right now, a smell I love more then a fancy candle or yummy perfume. The day feels cheerful because I’m making soup right now. It’s cold outside and the windows are open; I'm trying my hardest to collect this weather. Even though it’s...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Anna Likes Rice
13:14 PM May 12, 2014
Touching, bittersweet, funny, compelling and often informative, "Anna Likes Rice" is one of the high points in my week. I am in the habit of checking everyday (OK, sometimes twice) to see if she has posted anything new. I am never disappointed when Anna shares her heart, her stories, her triumphs and even those times when she stumbles.
17:24 PM May 12, 2014
Beautiful blog, writing, and experiences!
18:48 PM May 12, 2014
anna writes beautifully about her family's experiences in a way that is honest and real. she has a real gift.
18:56 PM May 12, 2014
you're an inspiration - and I love reading your stuff!
20:36 PM May 12, 2014
I love reading Anna likes rice! It is funny, smart, and always encouraging. I love reading about Anna's experience living as an expat in a small village in Sumatra.
22:27 PM May 12, 2014
When I read Anna's blogs I don't want to stop. She writes as if I am there: she describes emotions, sights, smells & sounds. It's like reading a great novel: when I am finished reading her blogs I want more so sometimes I reread them! Just like Mabel that wants to keep going for more rides in the 'little tiny little blue car'!! And she includes interesting photos to go along with. Thanks Anna for these wonderful updates and anecdotes.
23:27 PM May 12, 2014
Love the writing, the pics and the stories!