Crème de Citron
Latest Blog Posts »
- Pear, vanilla and mint iced green tea 3 days ago I know the weather is not exactly suited for iced tea at the moment (all of the rain...), but I do enjoy a nice glass of iced tea whatever the season is. Last week, I made those delicious pears Belle Hélène and had a lot of poaching liquid leftover. I am not one to discard such a...
- Pears Belle Hélène with a tonka twist 1 week ago I love a delicious buttery pear. And more than this, I adore a delicious poached pear with a dark chocolate sauce poured over it. This is called Poire Belle Hélène in France and is meant to have been created by Auguste Escoffier around 1864. It consists of peeled pears poached in a...
- London last March 2 weeks ago As I mentioned recently with the engagement photo shoot of two lovely people, I was in London in March for various photography contracts. The work kept me busy most of the week and I tried to fit in little visits here and there and most of them were food related, really not a bad...
- Lunch salad for two 3 weeks ago Since we moved to Kilkenny, E. and I are both working from home most of the time (he goes to Dublin once a week for work and I obviously get to travel around a bit with my photography job). This means we get to share more lunches together.I decided that we should avoid super quick meals that...
- Banana gingerbread loaf 2 months ago We were recently gifted by E.'s uncle a whole lot of his delicious honey. He and his brother work on the family dairy farm in County Carlow, Ireland, and he is also an apiculturist. Having moved closer means we can visit them more often, hence the delicious honey jars now filling our...
Contest Entries »
- My Big Move to the Emerald Isle Writing Contest October 2012 Hi, I am a French expat who moved to Dublin, Ireland, eight years ago (and did a little detour of three years via Australia). A bit more than eight years ago, I decided I wanted to live abroad as I never felt really at home in my own country. My...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ireland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Ireland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 62 reviews on Crème de Citron
16:43 PM October 27, 2012
Super ! Manifique ! Beautiful cooking and beautiful photography. Makes your mouth water just looking at the pictures..and all those wonderful delicate flavours...
01:04 AM October 28, 2012
Truly passionate descriptive. I could almost smell and taste the food. How do we get an invite to one of those French weddings?
10:16 AM October 29, 2012
Just great! I love it! ...and there are some gluten free recipes!! The picture are beautiful!!
10:24 AM October 29, 2012
I love this blog. Interesting stories and descriptions of mouth watering foods with really excellent, vivid photographs of ingredients and complete dishes. Yolene has a really great eye.
10:53 AM October 29, 2012
AMAZING!!! You marry your passion for food and photography perfectly! and for the guys who know nothing about the food or the photography, I'm quite sure you just make them salivate in front of their screen! So I just have to say... CONGRATULATION!!!! keep making us dreaming!!!!!
11:24 AM October 29, 2012
Wonderfully vivid photography and evocative descriptions and recipes of Yolene's gastronomical delights - I greatly enjoy this blog!
22:41 PM October 29, 2012
Aussi délectable sur le plan esthético-photographique que culinaire ; de quoi donner envie aux esprits les plus indifférents à la nourriture et imperméables à la gastronomie. Complimenti e buona continuazione.
09:56 AM October 30, 2012
Great blog that makes you drool! The pics are amazing and the recipes are great. Well done Yolene and thanks for rocking our foodie world!
10:58 AM October 31, 2012
Beutiful blog with such mouth-watering recipes and photos!
11:12 AM October 31, 2012
I love this blog. Beautiful photographs, great descriptions and a real passion for food!
18:03 PM October 31, 2012
20:15 PM October 31, 2012
Great blog. I swear the photos come with the aroma!!
20:32 PM October 31, 2012
20:35 PM October 31, 2012
Oh I LOvE it!! Im Hungry!!xooxox
20:42 PM October 31, 2012
I salivate just thinking about this blog.
22:08 PM October 31, 2012
Such a fabulous blog!!! I honestly look forword to reading it everyday on the tram on my way into work!!! The food is so descriptive I'm always starving by the time I get off the tram!! Magnifique blog!!
01:33 AM November 01, 2012
Delicious, funny and warm. A great blog!
09:32 AM November 01, 2012
I just want to eat everything on this blog!
09:58 AM November 01, 2012
Having had the pleasure of eating most (if not all) of the dishes on this blog, I promise you that they taste as good as they look.
11:08 AM November 01, 2012
I love this blog - the photos are amazing!!
18:02 PM November 03, 2012
A great blog! Yolene has the power to make you fall in love with food...lovely stories, pictures and recipes...
21:26 PM November 04, 2012
I have to remember to keep from actually putting my face through the computer screen in the attempt to devour these delicious recipes! Wonderful stuff!
11:47 AM November 05, 2012
Reeeeeeeally nice blog! I love it! The pictures are so beautiful! Really great job.
16:19 PM November 08, 2012
I love your blog !!!your photos are beautiful, lots of luck for the future ... Louis
22:39 PM November 08, 2012
Love the Blog. Looking forward to reading about the 6 different Christmases & I'll definitedly be trying the Rocky White Christmas Road recipe.
16:27 PM November 13, 2012
Great blog for anyone who loves food - photography is fantastic and the food is delicious, love the Christmas recipes idea!
13:17 PM November 19, 2012
Such a good blog with original recipes illustrated by beautiful photographies
21:50 PM November 19, 2012
Wonderful pictures and great looking food! It all looks and sounds amazing~!
15:45 PM November 20, 2012
Congrats for this blog full of beautiful pics and tasty recipes!
17:45 PM November 21, 2012
great and nice blog! love your food blog and your amazing photograhy blog!
20:00 PM November 21, 2012
Hmmmm, yummy, yummy blog, love it, I like the last 6 christmases idea, it's great :)Carry one,...Please!
00:19 AM November 22, 2012
Very nice and talented photograph, everytime I look one of your photo I want to eat it!! Please go on, it's good to see a lot of passion!
08:53 AM November 23, 2012
Very good job!! The photography are wonderful and I just want to eat everything I see!! Amazing!!
09:18 AM November 25, 2012
Fantastic blog!!! Original ideas, great photos and professional design. Congratulations!!!
21:00 PM November 25, 2012
Très beau blog: de super idées, des photos parfaites... A quand la sortie d'un livre? Continue à nous faire rêver!
18:54 PM November 26, 2012
Miam! Beautiful photos that make the mouth water!
19:57 PM November 26, 2012
Hmmmmm this blog makes you want to follow it immediatley ! Appetizing photos, bravo !!!
21:04 PM November 26, 2012
Wonderful blog! A great narrative thread to them. An Irish Christmas sounds ace! Lovely photography.
22:11 PM November 26, 2012
Love the 6 Christmas articles and delicious rocky road!
23:28 PM November 26, 2012
Just loved the blog ..... Thanks heaps
00:02 AM November 27, 2012
Love the latest blog, the gluten free gingerbread is amazing and the photos are stunning. Hope my turns out that well when I've finished.
00:22 AM November 27, 2012
Amazing blog. Mouth watering food with great photographs. Keep up the good work.
10:44 AM November 27, 2012
Wonderful blog ! Keep up the great work ! :)
10:45 AM November 27, 2012
Wonderful blog! Gourmet recipes and beautiful photos! I want to eat everything :)
11:52 AM November 27, 2012
Great blog, full of cute ideas and lovely stories.
11:57 AM November 27, 2012
Yummy gingerbread ! Love your photos :-)
21:40 PM November 27, 2012
Great stuff, can't wait to try out some of these recipes myself!
22:34 PM November 27, 2012
Awesome blog! Stunning photos, mouth-watering food and beautifully descriptive writing all in one delicious little package!
13:50 PM November 29, 2012
I'd write a longer message but this blog has made me hungry :)
21:34 PM December 01, 2012
Excellent. Loved loved loved the photographs and yummo recipes too .
02:53 AM December 02, 2012
Yolene is a talented cook and photographer. Her recipes are very inspiring and her creativity is contagious! Great work, thank you for sharing with us!
19:53 PM December 06, 2012
Beautiful food, beautiful words makes for a beautiful blog! Love it!
13:05 PM December 07, 2012
Love this blog! Apart from the yummy recipes & amazing photos, Yolenes style of writing is so descriptive & candid, it makes for great reading too.
17:36 PM December 09, 2012
Your blog makes me hungry !! I love it !!
11:14 AM December 10, 2012
Thanks Yolène for this blog!! That is sooooo fantastic!! I want eat everything!! Beautiful cooking and fabulous photography!!!JUST GREAT!!
12:30 PM December 10, 2012
Now I'm very hungry, so I eat screen of my computer!!!!!
18:37 PM December 10, 2012
Sympa ton blog, bien illustré.
06:35 AM December 11, 2012
Every time I go on this blog I want to cook myself such beautilful recipes, they seem sooooo good, and, when it's done, they are actually really good! That's great, thank you so much, Yolène!
12:31 PM December 11, 2012
such a cute blog, the recipes are incredible & inspirational!
21:10 PM December 11, 2012
i'm fond of this blog it's great!!! the photos are very beautiful and i like all of them !!! all is too crunchy i love love don't stop!bravissimo!
18:01 PM December 12, 2012
Great blog ! Beautiful photos and stories.
22:32 PM December 12, 2012
Great design, beautiful pictures and delicious recipes.