Ifs ands Butts
Latest Blog Posts »
- turtleneckin'. 7 hours ago You know when you arrive at a party and realize you are probably not cool enough to be there? That’s a Turtleneck Club party. Somehow, by the grace of God, or perhaps by the sheer un-compensated amount of work we’ve poured into Karlsresource, we were invited to a gathering of Karlsruhe’s...
- frivolous friday + cash. 3 days ago Another week come and gone, although my life seems extra sporadic lately. I no longer run on what is widely-considered a normal week, but rather my days are determined by “work days” or “non-work days”. I have no consistency in my schedule and do not even put in similar hours each week, so...
- cruising the moselle valley. 5 days ago One thing I truly miss from my life in America is driving. I miss owning a car and hopping in whenever I wanted to get out of the house. Whether it was running to the supermarket or going the distance for a countryside escape, that freedom of the open road and a long, Texas highway […]The post...
- the cutest german restaurant i ever did see. 1 week ago One evening on Shayla and I’s trip through Germany’s gorgeous wine-filled Moselle Valley, hunger struck. The previous evening, we’d indulged in our Travelzooincluded 5 course hotel dinner menu deal, so we were pretty unfamiliar with the area’s dining options. That day, we’d driven south...
- my unblogged hobby. 1 week ago I try to make this blog a reflection of who I am and a record of my post-grad experiences. Generally, I think I do a pretty decent job of creating an honest portrayal of my life, excluding the private details I choose to keep off the Interwebs. Something still feels like it’s missing though. I...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Germany Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Germany!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Ifs ands Butts
15:59 PM December 04, 2012
this is the best blog everrrr. :)
14:16 PM December 05, 2012
I feel like I am on all the travels with her. It is wonderful !
15:31 PM December 05, 2012
I love reading ifands&butts - firstly, because the blog is just so pretty and well done. It's super exciting to read about life and Germany and awesome to learn about her experiences!
20:39 PM December 05, 2012
I love to read Alex' posts, she is lovely and entertaining and it is so much fun to read about Germany from an American perspective! Alex is the best!
10:41 AM December 06, 2012
I love to read Alex' stories over at ifs ands and butts because it is always nice to step back and look at points from another perspective. I am German born and bred, have lived a lot abroad, but I really enjoy also seeing / reading about the beauty of my own country! Living in a completely different part of Germany (Northern part, right at the Danish border) it is lovely to be lead around another! Also her very entertaining way of writing makes me coming back as soon as there is a new blog post :-)
12:59 PM December 07, 2012
Good article on Christmas Markets. Living in Germany for 3 years from Ca the article vividly brought back great memories of Germany.
15:29 PM December 11, 2012
One of my favorite all around Travel blogs to read. Wonderful photos, interesting stories, but she reads like you know her. Love this blog.
16:11 PM December 11, 2012
I LOVE ALEX! She inspired me to move to Germany and work as an Au Pair! Not only does she have an amazing and hugely informative blog, but she is also AWESOME in real life!
16:23 PM December 11, 2012
Best blog. Read it on the reg.
16:35 PM December 11, 2012
I love all of Alex's posts, especially when they involve pictures
17:07 PM December 11, 2012
I absolutely love Ifs and Butts. I first started reading over a year ago when I was considering becoming an au pair and never looked back. I love reading about her adventures - she is fun, funny and makes all of her adventures sound like you HAVE to try too. Alex is one of the only expat blogs I read and when I am at home.. I almost instantly feel the travel itch when catching up with her blog. This blog is fabulous - no ifs, ands or butts about it ;)
17:41 PM December 11, 2012
I don't go a day without checking for new blog posts from Alex! Top notch from the writing to the design and she's absolutely hilarious! Can't get enough! Keep up the good work, Alex!
09:51 AM December 13, 2012
Ifs, ands & butts is a fantastic blog. Lots of insights into living abroad and Alex writes really well.
11:07 AM December 13, 2012
I live vicariously through this blog! So many great pictures and fun stuff to read. Look forward to each new post!
11:10 AM December 13, 2012
AWESOME blog. Actually helped me to confirm that I would move abroad to become an aupair. Which I did.. yesterday! She still keeps in touch with me about all kinds of things. Awesome blog! :)
15:38 PM December 13, 2012
Love the blog!!
15:51 PM December 13, 2012
this blog gets me through my day! Love reading the travel tips and learning about german culture :)
21:33 PM December 13, 2012
Love it !