Ifs ands Butts
Latest Blog Posts »
- au pair questions to ask your future host family. 1 day ago It’s been a long time since I was an au pair. Heck, my host family is on their second au pair since I left. It’s actually been 17 months since I moved out of their home. Somedays it feels like longer, sometimes it feels like yesterday. I never blogged much about au pairing because I […]The...
- frivolous friday. 6 days ago Friday! Friday! (Damn you, Rebecca Black). What’s everyone up to this weekend? I am pub-free (at least work-wise) and riled up. This week has been utter insanity between launching Karlsresource and qualifying for Elevator Pitch BW and I feel I deserve a bit of celebration. Friday and...
- opening night at the christmas market in karlsruhe. 1 week ago It’s Christmas market time and our Karlsresource team (and friends) could not miss opening night, even with the subzero temps (ok, it was -1c, but still…). Germany is world-renowned for its Christmas markets, particularly in Nuremberg, Dresden, and the larger cities. Mid-November, the towers...
- when i get an idea... 1 week ago When I get my heart set on something, it happens. Whether it’s going on a trip, a new camera, or a business idea, I enter into tunnel vision mode and don’t stop working towards the goal until it’s accomplished. If only I could be this driven about everything in life… but alas! No time for...
- frivolous friday + free cash (yep). 1 week ago It’s been awhile since I last posted a Frivolous Friday and I have really missed them so. Frivolous Friday allows me an outlet to speak of whatever is on my mind and going on in my life, as opposed to usual targeted, one-subject posts. It is winter, which means I’m pretty holed up in my...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Germany Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Germany!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Ifs ands Butts
15:59 PM December 04, 2012
this is the best blog everrrr. :)
14:16 PM December 05, 2012
I feel like I am on all the travels with her. It is wonderful !
15:31 PM December 05, 2012
I love reading ifands&butts - firstly, because the blog is just so pretty and well done. It's super exciting to read about life and Germany and awesome to learn about her experiences!
20:39 PM December 05, 2012
I love to read Alex' posts, she is lovely and entertaining and it is so much fun to read about Germany from an American perspective! Alex is the best!
10:41 AM December 06, 2012
I love to read Alex' stories over at ifs ands and butts because it is always nice to step back and look at points from another perspective. I am German born and bred, have lived a lot abroad, but I really enjoy also seeing / reading about the beauty of my own country! Living in a completely different part of Germany (Northern part, right at the Danish border) it is lovely to be lead around another! Also her very entertaining way of writing makes me coming back as soon as there is a new blog post :-)
12:59 PM December 07, 2012
Good article on Christmas Markets. Living in Germany for 3 years from Ca the article vividly brought back great memories of Germany.
15:29 PM December 11, 2012
One of my favorite all around Travel blogs to read. Wonderful photos, interesting stories, but she reads like you know her. Love this blog.
16:11 PM December 11, 2012
I LOVE ALEX! She inspired me to move to Germany and work as an Au Pair! Not only does she have an amazing and hugely informative blog, but she is also AWESOME in real life!
16:23 PM December 11, 2012
Best blog. Read it on the reg.
16:35 PM December 11, 2012
I love all of Alex's posts, especially when they involve pictures
17:07 PM December 11, 2012
I absolutely love Ifs and Butts. I first started reading over a year ago when I was considering becoming an au pair and never looked back. I love reading about her adventures - she is fun, funny and makes all of her adventures sound like you HAVE to try too. Alex is one of the only expat blogs I read and when I am at home.. I almost instantly feel the travel itch when catching up with her blog. This blog is fabulous - no ifs, ands or butts about it ;)
17:41 PM December 11, 2012
I don't go a day without checking for new blog posts from Alex! Top notch from the writing to the design and she's absolutely hilarious! Can't get enough! Keep up the good work, Alex!
09:51 AM December 13, 2012
Ifs, ands & butts is a fantastic blog. Lots of insights into living abroad and Alex writes really well.
11:07 AM December 13, 2012
I live vicariously through this blog! So many great pictures and fun stuff to read. Look forward to each new post!
11:10 AM December 13, 2012
AWESOME blog. Actually helped me to confirm that I would move abroad to become an aupair. Which I did.. yesterday! She still keeps in touch with me about all kinds of things. Awesome blog! :)
15:38 PM December 13, 2012
Love the blog!!
15:51 PM December 13, 2012
this blog gets me through my day! Love reading the travel tips and learning about german culture :)
21:33 PM December 13, 2012
Love it !