Ifs ands Butts
Latest Blog Posts »
- TURNING GERMAN: HOUSE SHOES (HAUSSCHUHE) 1 day ago There are some widely accepted German customs I’ve refused to accept: - wearing a scarf around your neck when you have a sore throat (and the general overuse of scarves) - waiting at the crosswalk for the light to turn green when there’s not a car in sight - being extremely straightforward -...
- LAUNCHED: SPEAKING DENGLISH 4 days ago After a week of being quietly online, I think it’s time for an official launch of Speaking Denglish! What happened to ifs ands & butts? Although ifs ands & butts made for some good play on words, I felt in no longer defined the purpose of my blog and what I’m doing with it. If […]
- THINGS EVERY EXPAT SHOULD KNOW BEFORE MOVING ABROAD 1 week ago It took me awhile to consider myself an expatriate. My initial plan was to au pair for one year and get back on the life track I always grew up with: high school, university, career, marriage, children. Germany had different plans for me though, and now that I’m going on three years with no true...
- 10 REASONS TO LOVE TRAIN TRAVEL 2 weeks ago I have traveled two month long Eurotrips solely by train and I have gotta say that I am a big, BIG fan of train travel. Here are a few reasons why: 1) Location. Location. Location. Train stations drop you smack in the middle of the city. I have yet to encounter a train station that puts […]
- TURNING 23 AT FRÜHLINGSFEST IN MUNICH 2 weeks ago Well I’m back from Munich and 23 years old. I remember in the 5th grade when my favorite song was Blink 182′s “What’s My Age Again?” and I walked around shouting “nobody likes you when you’re 23″ like the day would never come, but here it is and I’m feeling good and lovin’ life...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Germany Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Germany!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Ifs ands Butts
15:59 PM December 04, 2012
this is the best blog everrrr. :)
14:16 PM December 05, 2012
I feel like I am on all the travels with her. It is wonderful !
15:31 PM December 05, 2012
I love reading ifands&butts - firstly, because the blog is just so pretty and well done. It's super exciting to read about life and Germany and awesome to learn about her experiences!
20:39 PM December 05, 2012
I love to read Alex' posts, she is lovely and entertaining and it is so much fun to read about Germany from an American perspective! Alex is the best!
10:41 AM December 06, 2012
I love to read Alex' stories over at ifs ands and butts because it is always nice to step back and look at points from another perspective. I am German born and bred, have lived a lot abroad, but I really enjoy also seeing / reading about the beauty of my own country! Living in a completely different part of Germany (Northern part, right at the Danish border) it is lovely to be lead around another! Also her very entertaining way of writing makes me coming back as soon as there is a new blog post :-)
12:59 PM December 07, 2012
Good article on Christmas Markets. Living in Germany for 3 years from Ca the article vividly brought back great memories of Germany.
15:29 PM December 11, 2012
One of my favorite all around Travel blogs to read. Wonderful photos, interesting stories, but she reads like you know her. Love this blog.
16:11 PM December 11, 2012
I LOVE ALEX! She inspired me to move to Germany and work as an Au Pair! Not only does she have an amazing and hugely informative blog, but she is also AWESOME in real life!
16:23 PM December 11, 2012
Best blog. Read it on the reg.
16:35 PM December 11, 2012
I love all of Alex's posts, especially when they involve pictures
17:07 PM December 11, 2012
I absolutely love Ifs and Butts. I first started reading over a year ago when I was considering becoming an au pair and never looked back. I love reading about her adventures - she is fun, funny and makes all of her adventures sound like you HAVE to try too. Alex is one of the only expat blogs I read and when I am at home.. I almost instantly feel the travel itch when catching up with her blog. This blog is fabulous - no ifs, ands or butts about it ;)
17:41 PM December 11, 2012
I don't go a day without checking for new blog posts from Alex! Top notch from the writing to the design and she's absolutely hilarious! Can't get enough! Keep up the good work, Alex!
09:51 AM December 13, 2012
Ifs, ands & butts is a fantastic blog. Lots of insights into living abroad and Alex writes really well.
11:07 AM December 13, 2012
I live vicariously through this blog! So many great pictures and fun stuff to read. Look forward to each new post!
11:10 AM December 13, 2012
AWESOME blog. Actually helped me to confirm that I would move abroad to become an aupair. Which I did.. yesterday! She still keeps in touch with me about all kinds of things. Awesome blog! :)
15:38 PM December 13, 2012
Love the blog!!
15:51 PM December 13, 2012
this blog gets me through my day! Love reading the travel tips and learning about german culture :)
21:33 PM December 13, 2012
Love it !