Ifs ands Butts
Latest Blog Posts »
- places i could definitely go back to: london. 4 hours ago Nearly three years ago, after a whirlwind 3 week, 10 country Eurotrip, we stepped foot in our final city, London. It wasn’t easy getting there after missing our planned Chunnel from Paris and somehow hopping on another free of charge, but we made it. The excitement quickly set in since we had...
- how do you do it? 1 day ago People – tell me, how do you do it? You know, blogging consistently. I am freaking funemployed and I still seem to have problems getting things posted on a regular basis. Except, it’s not so funemployment when you have no income. But alas, here is what’s been going on here but...
- the fairy tale castle. 6 days ago At the south end of Germany’s Romantic Road lies a far away land that seemingly only resides in the dreams of little children dressed in pink ruffled dresses. I always think of castles as so
- touring munich by bike. 1 week ago I’ve mentioned before that I love Munich. It stole my heart from my first visit in 2010, and I have been back to visit, learn some things, drink a lot of beer (and I’m not even a big beer drinker), attend Oktoberfest, etc. Every time I bring a first timer along, I make sure that...
- bavaria & the romantic road. 1 week ago My strongest association with Germany will always be green. Not beer, not pretzels, not Oktoberfest, nor trains, but simply the color green. Green parks, gardens, and ponds are dotted sporadically throughout the cities. Tall green trees tower in the surrounding areas and grown thick in the Black...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Germany!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Ifs ands Butts
15:59 PM December 04, 2012
this is the best blog everrrr. :)
14:16 PM December 05, 2012
I feel like I am on all the travels with her. It is wonderful !
15:31 PM December 05, 2012
I love reading ifands&butts - firstly, because the blog is just so pretty and well done. It's super exciting to read about life and Germany and awesome to learn about her experiences!
20:39 PM December 05, 2012
I love to read Alex' posts, she is lovely and entertaining and it is so much fun to read about Germany from an American perspective! Alex is the best!
10:41 AM December 06, 2012
I love to read Alex' stories over at ifs ands and butts because it is always nice to step back and look at points from another perspective. I am German born and bred, have lived a lot abroad, but I really enjoy also seeing / reading about the beauty of my own country! Living in a completely different part of Germany (Northern part, right at the Danish border) it is lovely to be lead around another! Also her very entertaining way of writing makes me coming back as soon as there is a new blog post :-)
12:59 PM December 07, 2012
Good article on Christmas Markets. Living in Germany for 3 years from Ca the article vividly brought back great memories of Germany.
15:29 PM December 11, 2012
One of my favorite all around Travel blogs to read. Wonderful photos, interesting stories, but she reads like you know her. Love this blog.
16:11 PM December 11, 2012
I LOVE ALEX! She inspired me to move to Germany and work as an Au Pair! Not only does she have an amazing and hugely informative blog, but she is also AWESOME in real life!
16:23 PM December 11, 2012
Best blog. Read it on the reg.
16:35 PM December 11, 2012
I love all of Alex's posts, especially when they involve pictures
17:07 PM December 11, 2012
I absolutely love Ifs and Butts. I first started reading over a year ago when I was considering becoming an au pair and never looked back. I love reading about her adventures - she is fun, funny and makes all of her adventures sound like you HAVE to try too. Alex is one of the only expat blogs I read and when I am at home.. I almost instantly feel the travel itch when catching up with her blog. This blog is fabulous - no ifs, ands or butts about it ;)
17:41 PM December 11, 2012
I don't go a day without checking for new blog posts from Alex! Top notch from the writing to the design and she's absolutely hilarious! Can't get enough! Keep up the good work, Alex!
09:51 AM December 13, 2012
Ifs, ands & butts is a fantastic blog. Lots of insights into living abroad and Alex writes really well.
11:07 AM December 13, 2012
I live vicariously through this blog! So many great pictures and fun stuff to read. Look forward to each new post!
11:10 AM December 13, 2012
AWESOME blog. Actually helped me to confirm that I would move abroad to become an aupair. Which I did.. yesterday! She still keeps in touch with me about all kinds of things. Awesome blog! :)
15:38 PM December 13, 2012
Love the blog!!
15:51 PM December 13, 2012
this blog gets me through my day! Love reading the travel tips and learning about german culture :)
21:33 PM December 13, 2012
Love it !