Ginger and Scotch
Latest Blog Posts »
- Mr. Crab (the new seafood joint in Barsha) 3 days ago Yay it’s the weekend! I hope everyone has been having a great one so far. I’m continuing to work through my blogging slump and writer’s block by typing my thoughts as they come, getting used to tapping away at my keyboard. I bought a new keyboard this summer and it’s so shiny and new and...
- Summer 2015 - Photo Catch-up 1 week ago Hello! Remember me? That blogger that used to blog regularly once upon a time? Now that Wee Scotch (nearly 6 years old!) and Li’L Ginger (nearly 2 years old!) are in school and nursery, I’ve told myself that I would start blogging more but I’m finding it very difficult to hit the PUBLISH...
- Ramadan Kareem! (And a Giveaway of the Entertainer Dubai - Kids 2015 Edition) 5 months ago Ramadan Kareem! This year, the holy month of Ramadan began June 18th and will end July 17th-ish. Wee Scotch’s last day of Kindergarten this year was also June 18th and he and I had been talking all week prior about how we were going to get burgers after school to celebrate the end of a...
- When Life Gives you Cucumbers...Make Bread and Butter Pickles? 5 months ago For the second time in two months Scotch and I have been gifted more cucumbers than we know what to do with. I’m talking kilos and kilos of the stuff. Thanks to a generous work client who owns a farm in the neighboring Sultanate of Oman (he periodically drives to Dubai to distribute his produce...
- 7 Fun Indoor Activities for Kids in Dubai 4 months ago * * * * * Cabin Fever: A type of hysteria brought on by spending too much time indoors. (Source: Urban Dictionary.) * * * * * I walked outside my villa yesterday at 6:30am as I do every weekday […] Related posts: An Indoor Kids’ Picnic &...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 15 reviews on Ginger and Scotch
20:43 PM October 29, 2012
Love this blog! The Ginger and Scotch blog always proves to be fresh, exciting, adventurous and informative. Sandy provides the personal insight to connect the reader to her journey through her various experiences. Her passion is showcased through her use of descriptive language and outstanding photos. My favorite part are the tips and exciting recipes. Have actually experimented with some of her ginger and scotch recipes.
09:40 AM October 30, 2012
my favorite blog :) love the amazing recipes and photos. her amusing background stories and comments are always entertaining!
10:05 AM October 30, 2012
I love how Sandy relates her food discoveries to her every-day stories. And that Wee Scotch of hers is just the cutest little guy around! Sandy is great with food photography - really makes me want to go out and eat everything that she posts about. An entertaining and enjoyable read!
18:00 PM October 30, 2012
just loveeeeee this blog
18:01 PM October 30, 2012
I read this blog very regularly. Always entertaining to read the stories. Eager to read more.
18:03 PM October 30, 2012
great blog. always makes me hungry
18:13 PM October 30, 2012
I really adore this blog - of all the food blogs I read, this one is so personal, it's as if Sandy is talking right to her readers. Her travels through Vietnam were really fascinating - and her posts from Dubai really illuminate life there. And finally Wee Scotch is a STAR!
20:40 PM October 30, 2012
Always enjoy reading this blog and it's got lots of information on where to get weird and wonderful ingredients in Dubai.
06:59 AM October 31, 2012
I personally love Sandy' blog especially because I hate trying places and being disappointed and with her blog I have all the time new&nice places to try. She has also Vietnamise background like me so maybe same palate? Anyway really good tips!!!
17:00 PM October 31, 2012
I find this blog so inspiring. How can it not be the best? Love the food photos too.
03:53 AM November 01, 2012
Love reading Ginger & Scotch for her Dubai foodie finds, evocative stories of her travels, as well as a peak into her kitchen.
14:35 PM November 02, 2012
I love how Sandy tells a story along with very beautiful photos, her blog is ace! :)
12:57 PM November 05, 2012
Beautiful, evocative writing and photography, Sandy always takes you on a tantalising trip somewhere.
18:08 PM November 07, 2012
I love Ginger & Scotch's travelogues. The photographs captures the very essence of travel... you'll understand if you read the posts on Vietnam. This blog is like an Ibn Batuta of Dubai blogs!
20:55 PM November 11, 2012
nice blog sir keep it up...