Ginger and Scotch
Latest Blog Posts »
- Brining Thanksgiving Turkey 1 week ago “I don’t brine my meat. Ever.” That’s what J. Kenji López-Alt of Food Lab writes in this article on “The Truth About Brining Turkey.” I love reading Kenji’s food science articles. He does some pretty in-depth scientific food experimentations to determine things like what makes...
- Xiao Long Bao Dumplings = #GetInMyBelly 2 weeks ago Restaurants and cafes seem be opening and closing left and right in Dubai. Honesty, I can’t keep track anymore when my days are filled with shuttling mothering two little cuties (some days less cute than others). But one recent restaurant opening that really caught my eye and got me very excited...
- Comptoir 102 - Cafe & Boutique in One 3 weeks ago Back in the day, before I stepped foot in a restaurant, I used to read all the reviews (like on Time Out, CitySearch, Yelp, Zomato, etc) so that I would know what to expect, what to order, what not to order. Especially for fine dining places where we can easily spend hundreds of dollars on just...
- Happy Halloween? 4 weeks ago I’ll let you in on a little secret: I hate Halloween. There. I’ve said it. I hate dressing up in ridiculous costumes. I hate the cheesiness of haunted houses. I could go on. But since having kids, I’ve begun to slowly like it a little more year after year. Especially since I think my kids...
- October = Back to Beach Days 1 month ago The arrival of September means back to school. And with October? It’s beach season in Dubai again! I have to enjoy it while it lasts because when December comes around, it will be too cold (for me) for the beach until March or April. Now the seawater is back to being refreshing instead of being...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 15 reviews on Ginger and Scotch
20:43 PM October 29, 2012
Love this blog! The Ginger and Scotch blog always proves to be fresh, exciting, adventurous and informative. Sandy provides the personal insight to connect the reader to her journey through her various experiences. Her passion is showcased through her use of descriptive language and outstanding photos. My favorite part are the tips and exciting recipes. Have actually experimented with some of her ginger and scotch recipes.
09:40 AM October 30, 2012
my favorite blog :) love the amazing recipes and photos. her amusing background stories and comments are always entertaining!
10:05 AM October 30, 2012
I love how Sandy relates her food discoveries to her every-day stories. And that Wee Scotch of hers is just the cutest little guy around! Sandy is great with food photography - really makes me want to go out and eat everything that she posts about. An entertaining and enjoyable read!
18:00 PM October 30, 2012
just loveeeeee this blog
18:01 PM October 30, 2012
I read this blog very regularly. Always entertaining to read the stories. Eager to read more.
18:03 PM October 30, 2012
great blog. always makes me hungry
18:13 PM October 30, 2012
I really adore this blog - of all the food blogs I read, this one is so personal, it's as if Sandy is talking right to her readers. Her travels through Vietnam were really fascinating - and her posts from Dubai really illuminate life there. And finally Wee Scotch is a STAR!
20:40 PM October 30, 2012
Always enjoy reading this blog and it's got lots of information on where to get weird and wonderful ingredients in Dubai.
06:59 AM October 31, 2012
I personally love Sandy' blog especially because I hate trying places and being disappointed and with her blog I have all the time new&nice places to try. She has also Vietnamise background like me so maybe same palate? Anyway really good tips!!!
17:00 PM October 31, 2012
I find this blog so inspiring. How can it not be the best? Love the food photos too.
03:53 AM November 01, 2012
Love reading Ginger & Scotch for her Dubai foodie finds, evocative stories of her travels, as well as a peak into her kitchen.
14:35 PM November 02, 2012
I love how Sandy tells a story along with very beautiful photos, her blog is ace! :)
12:57 PM November 05, 2012
Beautiful, evocative writing and photography, Sandy always takes you on a tantalising trip somewhere.
18:08 PM November 07, 2012
I love Ginger & Scotch's travelogues. The photographs captures the very essence of travel... you'll understand if you read the posts on Vietnam. This blog is like an Ibn Batuta of Dubai blogs!
20:55 PM November 11, 2012
nice blog sir keep it up...