Ginger and Scotch
Latest Blog Posts »
- 4th of July Fireworks in the Rain (New York City) 6 months ago Last July 4th, my friend Nic and I spent the evening on the Manhattan side of the East River, stuffing and drinking ourselves silly at Zum Schneider’s outdoor Biergarten. The grill was sizzling and smoking with bratwurst, frankfurters, whole fish, and corn on the cob. All accompanied...
- Struggling to Maintain a Minority Language with Kids 8 months ago My struggles, failures, and successes with raising multi-lingual kids and teaching them a minority language. My two-year-old daughter recently stopped talking to me. My six-year-old son stopped talking to me years ago. In Chinese, that is. When my daughter stopped speaking to me in Chinese, I felt...
- How to Change Your Permalinks Without Losing Google Juice or Social Share Counts 7 months ago If you need to change your WordPress permalinks for any reason, this post will walk you through the steps of changing the URLs, options to set up redirection so that you retain SEO rankings, and recover lost social share counts. Earlier this year, I changed the permalinks of my WordPress.org...
- Discovering Muscat and Beyond (Oman) 7 months ago In a travel guide about the United Arab Emirates, two travel bloggers posted that “If we knew what we know now” they “would have spent more time in neighboring Oman.” It’s taken me seven years to realize that. Seven years ago (after a year and a half of living in Dubai) Scotch and I...
- 5 Things to Do in Jabal Akhdar (Oman) 7 months ago One of the most stunning places to visit in the Middle East, Jabal Akhar offers spectacular mountain views, adventure travel, and rich cultural experiences. The thing that struck me the most when I first visited Scotland, where my husband is from, was how green the hills were. Luscious emerald...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 15 reviews on Ginger and Scotch
20:43 PM October 29, 2012
Love this blog! The Ginger and Scotch blog always proves to be fresh, exciting, adventurous and informative. Sandy provides the personal insight to connect the reader to her journey through her various experiences. Her passion is showcased through her use of descriptive language and outstanding photos. My favorite part are the tips and exciting recipes. Have actually experimented with some of her ginger and scotch recipes.
09:40 AM October 30, 2012
my favorite blog :) love the amazing recipes and photos. her amusing background stories and comments are always entertaining!
10:05 AM October 30, 2012
I love how Sandy relates her food discoveries to her every-day stories. And that Wee Scotch of hers is just the cutest little guy around! Sandy is great with food photography - really makes me want to go out and eat everything that she posts about. An entertaining and enjoyable read!
18:00 PM October 30, 2012
just loveeeeee this blog
18:01 PM October 30, 2012
I read this blog very regularly. Always entertaining to read the stories. Eager to read more.
18:03 PM October 30, 2012
great blog. always makes me hungry
18:13 PM October 30, 2012
I really adore this blog - of all the food blogs I read, this one is so personal, it's as if Sandy is talking right to her readers. Her travels through Vietnam were really fascinating - and her posts from Dubai really illuminate life there. And finally Wee Scotch is a STAR!
20:40 PM October 30, 2012
Always enjoy reading this blog and it's got lots of information on where to get weird and wonderful ingredients in Dubai.
06:59 AM October 31, 2012
I personally love Sandy' blog especially because I hate trying places and being disappointed and with her blog I have all the time new&nice places to try. She has also Vietnamise background like me so maybe same palate? Anyway really good tips!!!
17:00 PM October 31, 2012
I find this blog so inspiring. How can it not be the best? Love the food photos too.
03:53 AM November 01, 2012
Love reading Ginger & Scotch for her Dubai foodie finds, evocative stories of her travels, as well as a peak into her kitchen.
14:35 PM November 02, 2012
I love how Sandy tells a story along with very beautiful photos, her blog is ace! :)
12:57 PM November 05, 2012
Beautiful, evocative writing and photography, Sandy always takes you on a tantalising trip somewhere.
18:08 PM November 07, 2012
I love Ginger & Scotch's travelogues. The photographs captures the very essence of travel... you'll understand if you read the posts on Vietnam. This blog is like an Ibn Batuta of Dubai blogs!
20:55 PM November 11, 2012
nice blog sir keep it up...