Ginger and Scotch
Latest Blog Posts »
- Do You Yum? 1 week ago Someone posted last week on a social media site, “Do you Yum?” And I thought: Do I what? Is this a trick question? Do I yum what? You mean like coffee? Or tea? You see, “yum” in Cantonese Chinese means “to drink” (as in “yum cha” which nowadays means to go and eat “dim sum”)...
- Tashkent Restaurant (Al Barsha, Dubai) 1 week ago I have been dreaming about fried lagman since that last time I ate at a Uzbek restaurant. Which would be early 2012 when I posted about Gulnaz restaurant in Dubai Marina. Lagman is a Uzbek dish made with noodles that reminds me of Chinese lo mein. Lucky for me, there is a restaurant called...
- Potstickers with Pork and Garlic Chives 2 weeks ago So a lot happened in the last week. Our LG washing machine of 8 years broke down and the quote to fix it was more expensive than a new machine so what to do next was a no brainer -> Buy a new machine YAY! It took me awhile to find a machine to my liking […] The post Potstickers with Pork and...
- Moshi Restaurant - Momos, Sushi and More (Al Barsha 1) 4 weeks ago Sip, Dip, Roll. That is the tagline in big poster print outside Moshi restaurant in Al Barsha. And then in small print, “momo & sushi.” The kids and I drive by it a few times each day during the school runs. And every time I pass the sign, I think, “I love momos!” and “I love […] The...
- Chicken And Shrimp Wontons 1 month ago Short Version: Craved wontons. Made wontons. Ate wontons. Yum. (Click here for the recipe.) * * * * * Medium Version: We are a dumpling loving family. Well, Li’L Ginger still has a ways to go in her dumpling loving journey but she’ll get there. It’s in […] The post...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 15 reviews on Ginger and Scotch
20:43 PM October 29, 2012
Love this blog! The Ginger and Scotch blog always proves to be fresh, exciting, adventurous and informative. Sandy provides the personal insight to connect the reader to her journey through her various experiences. Her passion is showcased through her use of descriptive language and outstanding photos. My favorite part are the tips and exciting recipes. Have actually experimented with some of her ginger and scotch recipes.
09:40 AM October 30, 2012
my favorite blog :) love the amazing recipes and photos. her amusing background stories and comments are always entertaining!
10:05 AM October 30, 2012
I love how Sandy relates her food discoveries to her every-day stories. And that Wee Scotch of hers is just the cutest little guy around! Sandy is great with food photography - really makes me want to go out and eat everything that she posts about. An entertaining and enjoyable read!
18:00 PM October 30, 2012
just loveeeeee this blog
18:01 PM October 30, 2012
I read this blog very regularly. Always entertaining to read the stories. Eager to read more.
18:03 PM October 30, 2012
great blog. always makes me hungry
18:13 PM October 30, 2012
I really adore this blog - of all the food blogs I read, this one is so personal, it's as if Sandy is talking right to her readers. Her travels through Vietnam were really fascinating - and her posts from Dubai really illuminate life there. And finally Wee Scotch is a STAR!
20:40 PM October 30, 2012
Always enjoy reading this blog and it's got lots of information on where to get weird and wonderful ingredients in Dubai.
06:59 AM October 31, 2012
I personally love Sandy' blog especially because I hate trying places and being disappointed and with her blog I have all the time new&nice places to try. She has also Vietnamise background like me so maybe same palate? Anyway really good tips!!!
17:00 PM October 31, 2012
I find this blog so inspiring. How can it not be the best? Love the food photos too.
03:53 AM November 01, 2012
Love reading Ginger & Scotch for her Dubai foodie finds, evocative stories of her travels, as well as a peak into her kitchen.
14:35 PM November 02, 2012
I love how Sandy tells a story along with very beautiful photos, her blog is ace! :)
12:57 PM November 05, 2012
Beautiful, evocative writing and photography, Sandy always takes you on a tantalising trip somewhere.
18:08 PM November 07, 2012
I love Ginger & Scotch's travelogues. The photographs captures the very essence of travel... you'll understand if you read the posts on Vietnam. This blog is like an Ibn Batuta of Dubai blogs!
20:55 PM November 11, 2012
nice blog sir keep it up...