Ginger and Scotch
Latest Blog Posts »
- Sri Lanka 2014 - Day 5 (Galle and Cooking Class) 1 month ago I had really hoped to get this post finished in April when we were in Sri Lanka but here we are in September! We spent our last full day in Sri Lanka by traveling to Galle Fort which is a UNESCO World Heritage site. I also participated in a Sri Lankan cooking class which was amazing […] Related...
- Sri Lanka 2014 - Day 4 (Scuba Diving by Hikkaduwa) 6 months ago The thunderstorm the night before was soothing to sleep through but of course with my luck had to occur right before my scuba diving day. Storms usually means decreased visibility underwater due to the bottom sand being stirred up from the rough surf. From our hotel in Balapitiya, it was a...
- Sri Lanka 2014 - Day 3 (Pool Day) 6 months ago Today we woke up to yet another picture perfect morning. Scotch and I had originally planned on heading out to Old Galle for a day trip and check out the fort which is a UNESCO World Heritage site. But Wee Scorch threw one tantrum after another practically from the moment he woke up so we...
- Sri Lanka - Day 2 (Turtle Hatchery and Spice Garden) 6 months ago Today we woke up to an idyllic, clear and blue Sri Lankan sky. The stuff of postcards. A total surprise because the weather forecast was supposed to be 60% chance of rain all week. We started the day with breakfast at our hotel which was satisfying and delicious – it was an “English...
- Sri Lanka - Day 1 6 months ago We have just arrived in beautiful Sri Lanka today* for a week’s holiday during Wee Scotch’s school break. In our 6+ years traveling from Dubai, I have never seen such long lines at the Dubai airport. The passport control lines were just heaving with people. Upon arrival at Colombo, we...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 15 reviews on Ginger and Scotch
20:43 PM October 29, 2012
Love this blog! The Ginger and Scotch blog always proves to be fresh, exciting, adventurous and informative. Sandy provides the personal insight to connect the reader to her journey through her various experiences. Her passion is showcased through her use of descriptive language and outstanding photos. My favorite part are the tips and exciting recipes. Have actually experimented with some of her ginger and scotch recipes.
09:40 AM October 30, 2012
my favorite blog :) love the amazing recipes and photos. her amusing background stories and comments are always entertaining!
10:05 AM October 30, 2012
I love how Sandy relates her food discoveries to her every-day stories. And that Wee Scotch of hers is just the cutest little guy around! Sandy is great with food photography - really makes me want to go out and eat everything that she posts about. An entertaining and enjoyable read!
18:00 PM October 30, 2012
just loveeeeee this blog
18:01 PM October 30, 2012
I read this blog very regularly. Always entertaining to read the stories. Eager to read more.
18:03 PM October 30, 2012
great blog. always makes me hungry
18:13 PM October 30, 2012
I really adore this blog - of all the food blogs I read, this one is so personal, it's as if Sandy is talking right to her readers. Her travels through Vietnam were really fascinating - and her posts from Dubai really illuminate life there. And finally Wee Scotch is a STAR!
20:40 PM October 30, 2012
Always enjoy reading this blog and it's got lots of information on where to get weird and wonderful ingredients in Dubai.
06:59 AM October 31, 2012
I personally love Sandy' blog especially because I hate trying places and being disappointed and with her blog I have all the time new&nice places to try. She has also Vietnamise background like me so maybe same palate? Anyway really good tips!!!
17:00 PM October 31, 2012
I find this blog so inspiring. How can it not be the best? Love the food photos too.
03:53 AM November 01, 2012
Love reading Ginger & Scotch for her Dubai foodie finds, evocative stories of her travels, as well as a peak into her kitchen.
14:35 PM November 02, 2012
I love how Sandy tells a story along with very beautiful photos, her blog is ace! :)
12:57 PM November 05, 2012
Beautiful, evocative writing and photography, Sandy always takes you on a tantalising trip somewhere.
18:08 PM November 07, 2012
I love Ginger & Scotch's travelogues. The photographs captures the very essence of travel... you'll understand if you read the posts on Vietnam. This blog is like an Ibn Batuta of Dubai blogs!
20:55 PM November 11, 2012
nice blog sir keep it up...