Ginger and Scotch
Latest Blog Posts »
- Homemade Udon Noodles From Scratch 1 week ago Udon are thick white noodles that originated from Japan. They are made with flour, salt, and very little water which can make it difficult to knead so traditionally it was kneaded with the feet! When I learned that little fact, I knew this was a perfect recipe for the kids! This has been the...
- Homemade Chinese Noodles From Scratch 3 weeks ago Make this simple Chinese noodle from scratch using just flour and water in about 30 minutes. Involve the kids as it’s a great family-bonding activity and also great for their fine and gross motor skills. Noodles were one of those things I took for granted growing up. Whether, dried, frozen, or...
- Where to Find Asian Ingredients in Dubai 3 weeks ago Looking for Asian ingredients in Dubai to make authentic Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, Japanese, or Korean homemade meals? I’ve compiled a map of all the specialty grocery stores in Dubai that stock Asian ingredients. My parents and I were born in Vietnam but our ancestry is Chinese. So growing...
- How to Make Your Own Vietnamese Curry Powder 1 month ago Make your own blend of Vietnamese curry powder from scratch instead of using store-bought or if you don’t have access to a specialty Asian market. Before any other curry touched my lips, there was Vietnamese curry. It was, and still is, a staple at my mom’s house. Coconut- and tomato-based,...
- Summer Special - 25% off Birthday Parties at Ella's Creamery (Dubai) 2 months ago We hosted our daughter’s 3rd birthday party at Ella’s Creamery – a 1950s American-themed ice cream parlor located by Legoland in Dubai Parks and Resorts. Special Discount – Mention “Ginger and Scotch” when booking and get 25% off any party package at Ella’s Creamery! I don’t...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 15 reviews on Ginger and Scotch
20:43 PM October 29, 2012
Love this blog! The Ginger and Scotch blog always proves to be fresh, exciting, adventurous and informative. Sandy provides the personal insight to connect the reader to her journey through her various experiences. Her passion is showcased through her use of descriptive language and outstanding photos. My favorite part are the tips and exciting recipes. Have actually experimented with some of her ginger and scotch recipes.
09:40 AM October 30, 2012
my favorite blog :) love the amazing recipes and photos. her amusing background stories and comments are always entertaining!
10:05 AM October 30, 2012
I love how Sandy relates her food discoveries to her every-day stories. And that Wee Scotch of hers is just the cutest little guy around! Sandy is great with food photography - really makes me want to go out and eat everything that she posts about. An entertaining and enjoyable read!
18:00 PM October 30, 2012
just loveeeeee this blog
18:01 PM October 30, 2012
I read this blog very regularly. Always entertaining to read the stories. Eager to read more.
18:03 PM October 30, 2012
great blog. always makes me hungry
18:13 PM October 30, 2012
I really adore this blog - of all the food blogs I read, this one is so personal, it's as if Sandy is talking right to her readers. Her travels through Vietnam were really fascinating - and her posts from Dubai really illuminate life there. And finally Wee Scotch is a STAR!
20:40 PM October 30, 2012
Always enjoy reading this blog and it's got lots of information on where to get weird and wonderful ingredients in Dubai.
06:59 AM October 31, 2012
I personally love Sandy' blog especially because I hate trying places and being disappointed and with her blog I have all the time new&nice places to try. She has also Vietnamise background like me so maybe same palate? Anyway really good tips!!!
17:00 PM October 31, 2012
I find this blog so inspiring. How can it not be the best? Love the food photos too.
03:53 AM November 01, 2012
Love reading Ginger & Scotch for her Dubai foodie finds, evocative stories of her travels, as well as a peak into her kitchen.
14:35 PM November 02, 2012
I love how Sandy tells a story along with very beautiful photos, her blog is ace! :)
12:57 PM November 05, 2012
Beautiful, evocative writing and photography, Sandy always takes you on a tantalising trip somewhere.
18:08 PM November 07, 2012
I love Ginger & Scotch's travelogues. The photographs captures the very essence of travel... you'll understand if you read the posts on Vietnam. This blog is like an Ibn Batuta of Dubai blogs!
20:55 PM November 11, 2012
nice blog sir keep it up...