Ginger and Scotch
Latest Blog Posts »
- A year since Vietnam...And now off to China 1 week ago This time last year, I was winding down from an epic month-long trip to Vietnam, the country of my birth and one which I left shortly afterwards for the United States. Traveling with my mom, Grandmother and a few Aunties, I relished all the nostalgic family stories that they would retell. For...
- Second Blogaversary for Ginger and Scotch 2 weeks ago I have been blogging for nearly 6 years but this week marks the 2nd blogaversary for Ginger and Scotch. I know I am supposed to reflect about the past year and today’s overcast and rainy weather (a rare treat for Dubai!) should be highly conducive for introspection. But my absence from...
- Camping Somewhere in the Dubai Desert 2 months ago About an hour’s drive from Dubai, towards the direction of Hatta, the desert sand turns from this pale tan hue to a beautiful burnt orange that just mesmerizes. Of course, it would mesmerize me all the more if I hadn’t been the one driving towards our camp site since Scotch ended up...
- Emirates Park Zoo 2 months ago Scotch and I are always thinking of things to do to keep our energetic toddler busy on the weekends instead of staying at home and watching TV or preoccupying ourselves with the computer. This week, we spent a few days on the beach in Abu Dhabi and on the way back to Dubai, we stopped...
- Papa and Rara Back in Dubai 3 months ago Scotch’s parents are back for their annual visit to Dubai and we have been cooking and eating up a storm but I don’t have many food photos to share as I have been
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 15 reviews on Ginger and Scotch
20:43 PM October 29, 2012
Love this blog! The Ginger and Scotch blog always proves to be fresh, exciting, adventurous and informative. Sandy provides the personal insight to connect the reader to her journey through her various experiences. Her passion is showcased through her use of descriptive language and outstanding photos. My favorite part are the tips and exciting recipes. Have actually experimented with some of her ginger and scotch recipes.
09:40 AM October 30, 2012
my favorite blog :) love the amazing recipes and photos. her amusing background stories and comments are always entertaining!
10:05 AM October 30, 2012
I love how Sandy relates her food discoveries to her every-day stories. And that Wee Scotch of hers is just the cutest little guy around! Sandy is great with food photography - really makes me want to go out and eat everything that she posts about. An entertaining and enjoyable read!
18:00 PM October 30, 2012
just loveeeeee this blog
18:01 PM October 30, 2012
I read this blog very regularly. Always entertaining to read the stories. Eager to read more.
18:03 PM October 30, 2012
great blog. always makes me hungry
18:13 PM October 30, 2012
I really adore this blog - of all the food blogs I read, this one is so personal, it's as if Sandy is talking right to her readers. Her travels through Vietnam were really fascinating - and her posts from Dubai really illuminate life there. And finally Wee Scotch is a STAR!
20:40 PM October 30, 2012
Always enjoy reading this blog and it's got lots of information on where to get weird and wonderful ingredients in Dubai.
06:59 AM October 31, 2012
I personally love Sandy' blog especially because I hate trying places and being disappointed and with her blog I have all the time new&nice places to try. She has also Vietnamise background like me so maybe same palate? Anyway really good tips!!!
17:00 PM October 31, 2012
I find this blog so inspiring. How can it not be the best? Love the food photos too.
03:53 AM November 01, 2012
Love reading Ginger & Scotch for her Dubai foodie finds, evocative stories of her travels, as well as a peak into her kitchen.
14:35 PM November 02, 2012
I love how Sandy tells a story along with very beautiful photos, her blog is ace! :)
12:57 PM November 05, 2012
Beautiful, evocative writing and photography, Sandy always takes you on a tantalising trip somewhere.
18:08 PM November 07, 2012
I love Ginger & Scotch's travelogues. The photographs captures the very essence of travel... you'll understand if you read the posts on Vietnam. This blog is like an Ibn Batuta of Dubai blogs!
20:55 PM November 11, 2012
nice blog sir keep it up...