Latest Blog Posts »
- And Out Went the Light... 5 months ago Fresh from having his seventy five per cent tax on incomes over one million euros thrown out by the (Sarkozy appointed) Constitutional Council, President Hollande has come up with another cracker.... Puting out the lights in Paris at one o'
- End of the world...it's Joanna Southcott's box all over again.... 5 months ago I returned home before the date announced by a plethora of charlatans as being that of the end of the world according to the Maya - a bloodthirsty bunch much admired by the 'peace and love and only five hundred dollars a head for a conference on Sirius' brigade. I had seen the...
- Eurovision it's not... 7 months ago Something like this used to announce European events...like the Eurovision Song Contest...nul points...before the bloated functionaries of the EU decided to pervert Beethoven's Ode to Joy to celebrate their ascension to the gravy train... The reports of the last budget session made me wonder if...
- How French..... 7 months ago The cooker hood is to be installed before
- Unchain the Gorgonzola.... 6 months ago Costa Rica is not famed for the variety
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on French Leave
19:55 PM November 02, 2012
I love this blog. As an immigrant to the Loire Valley, it's like having a nicely cynical, very generous, often funny, always well informed mentor. I frequently feel like the posts are written especially for me.
17:50 PM November 13, 2012
I can't tell you how many times I've laughed out loud while reading this blog. Fly doesn't mess around with all the fluffy stuff about France. She tells it like it is from her point of view and with an intelligence, sense of humor, and sharp wit that always brings me back for more. I hope she writes a book very, very soon.