Latest Blog Posts »
- Huge request 2 years ago If you have been following me here, please take the time to go to my new blog, hosted on Blogger: Magpie Mom’s Adventures, and follow me there. I’m moving at the end of September, so there is still some posts about Finland going up, but soon will be about my mid-life move to France! Thanks! …...
- Au revoir, my friends! 2 years ago Not really a good-bye, but a “come on along!” invitation to my new blog, hosted on Blogger. I’m moving to France, possibly in January 2016 (maybe before), and with this move, I am taking the opportunity to move my blog over. It’s a new one, titled “From Finland to France“, and it’s...
- 20 Lessons Learned from Traveling to 20 Countries 2 years ago Originally posted on Brittany From Boston: Among the wonderful benefits of traveling is the opportunity to grow and learn more about yourself, while learning about other people and cultures around the world. And along the way, it’s important to look back and reflect upon what you’ve learned...
- Where do I even start?! 2 years ago “I have seen the south of France, and it is beautiful.” Okay, that’s not really the quote, but this works for my most recent experience(s). Pictures are behind the links. Enjoy! Our first stop, on the way, was a six hour layover in Amsterdam. I’ve never been to Amsterdam, and while I...
- Toulouse, first full day 2 years ago Once again, I am in Toulouse! This is my third trip to this lovely city, and the first one in the summer. I wanted heat, and I got it–it was 32°c today! I rode the bus to the center and got off to go exploring. Dear Wellu headed to his conference to work (so that … Continue reading Toulouse,...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on finlandadventures
15:38 PM October 20, 2014
Beautiful prose and pictures. Written from the heart.
16:38 PM October 20, 2014
Great blog, much information regarding a new expat to Finland.
03:43 AM October 21, 2014
I find this blog to be entertaining and informative. My knowledge of Finland is expanding while reading her adventures and her cooking adventures are most entertaining. Keep up the good work! vicki
21:33 PM October 21, 2014
I've been following Michele's blog since I learned about it. Her transition from one culture to a very different one, with unusual foods, customs, etc. has been fascinating to me. It's written in a conversational style which is appealing and has lovely pictures, too. I look forward to reading about more of Michele's adventures. Her blog brightens my day! Marcia
20:09 PM October 26, 2014
A well written blog, which gives a different perspective on life up here in the cold north. I can recommend it to both Finns looking for a new angle on life in Finland or someone planning to move to another country.
01:42 AM October 27, 2014
I just love Michele's blog - very informative and just love the picture every morning from her window. Love to read about her adventures in her new home town.
06:54 AM February 03, 2016
A really well written Blog post.You can see one of my blogs set up on infections.The blog link is http://infektiofoorumi.fi/