A New Life In Costa Rica
Latest Blog Posts »
- Mother's Day 2013 5 days ago May 12th was Mother's Day in many parts of the world but not in Costa Rica. Normally we celebrate in August with the locals but this year my daughter will be away on Mother's Day so we celebrated U. S. Mother's Day for a change. We went into the city...
- Vegan Tomato Salad 2 weeks ago I saw this on Facebook today and decided to make it for lunch. Bill isn't much of a cucumber fan so I left them out of our salad. We thought it was delicious! Here's a link to Kaylyn's Kitchen and the full recipe.
- May Day brings the rain 3 weeks ago The first of May started off as a hot one. I was at the fruit market about 7:30am and people were all commenting on the heat. When I got home I broke out the fans for the first time this year. Even the pups were appreciative of the air movement...
- Almost but not quite 3 weeks ago Our beautiful daughter has had another birthday. She's almost an adult but not quite. My, how time flies! We tried out a new restaurant in town for her Birthday Dinner, Niko's. The fettuccini alfredo was a hit. She's ready to go back and get some more. We also made some...
- San Lucas Beach Club 3 weeks ago This is our new favorite spot in Puntarenas! Easy to see why we enjoyed it so much, huh. One can watch the ferry pass while relaxing in the pool or kicking back on the lounge chairs in the shade. There are plenty of tables to enjoy lunch from the restaurant....
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Costa Rica!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on A New Life In Costa Rica
13:41 PM October 28, 2012
I'm so glad A new life in Costa Rica is included in this list. First because is genuine, second because show expats the real life and not fairy tales. Gongratulations!
15:15 PM October 28, 2012
A New Life in Costa Rica is refreshing, positive and genuine. Jennifer has the most wonderful way of showing the ups and downs of real life in a foreign country, all with her infectiously positive attitude. Keep up the good work!
15:24 PM October 28, 2012
I have been reading A New Life in Costa Rica for many years as I was born in San Jose and have many cousins living in San Ramon. Through Jen's incredible sharing, I remain connected to my natal land, culture, beauty and people. It is an honest depiction of rural life in Costa Rica without hype or agenda. A positive outlook on life seeps through the images she offers the world.
15:30 PM October 28, 2012
A New Life in Costa Rica is a guidepost for persons who are considering a move to Costa Rica as Ex-pats. Jennifer's daily phoots are beautiful & inspiring!
16:44 PM October 28, 2012
I really appreciate the almost daily photos of birds, flowers, animals or weather. This blog is candy for the eyes, especially for those of us who live in northern climates.
12:55 PM October 29, 2012
Love seeing the flowers and wildlife and learning about places in CR we are unfamiliar with.
14:57 PM October 30, 2012
I check this blog everyday! I love the nature and beauty of Costa Rica that she shares.
02:30 AM November 01, 2012
I love Costa Rica, and this blog's pictures and commentary serve as reminders of that country and its people. I check it several times each week and look forward to seeing Jen's crafts. I feel as though I am watching her daughter grow up in a warm and nurturing family. Congratulations on the nomination. I hope A New Life in Costa Rica wins!