A New Life In Costa Rica
Latest Blog Posts »
- Homemade goodness 1 week ago Six weeks ago I started a little project, making homemade vanilla extract. The process is simple. All you need is a small bottle of alcohol and a vanilla bean. At the local liquor store the only small bottles of vodka available were Absolut. Mine vanilla is going to be absolutely...
- Christmas trials 2013 1 week ago It's that time of year again, we're starting to test items for our holiday meals. In the city the other day we stopped at Auto Mercado, a U.S. type supermarket to look for mini marshmallows. These are not an item local stores generally carry. I knew around Thanksgiving they would...
- La Bodeguita del Medio 1 week ago On my bus rides home from San Jose I've seen a cute corner restaurant, La Bodeguita Del Medio. When passing I'd have sworn there was live music coming from inside. The place was packed every time the bus passed. It was calling to me. The other day I took Bill...
- Paradise finally 2 weeks ago In our time in Costa Rica I've had over a hundred orchids. Each is special. But there is no flower in our gardens past or present more special to me than this, the bird of paradise. I have wanted one F O R E V E R! A few years...
- Birth of a Blue Morpho 2 weeks ago The third of Bill's Butterflies, a blue morpho crawled out of his chrysalis yesterday morning. It was one of the most fascinating things I've ever seen. I captured in on video, you can see it on you tube here Birth of a Blue Morpho . For those who'd rather see...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Costa Rica Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Costa Rica!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on A New Life In Costa Rica
13:41 PM October 28, 2012
I'm so glad A new life in Costa Rica is included in this list. First because is genuine, second because show expats the real life and not fairy tales. Gongratulations!
15:15 PM October 28, 2012
A New Life in Costa Rica is refreshing, positive and genuine. Jennifer has the most wonderful way of showing the ups and downs of real life in a foreign country, all with her infectiously positive attitude. Keep up the good work!
15:24 PM October 28, 2012
I have been reading A New Life in Costa Rica for many years as I was born in San Jose and have many cousins living in San Ramon. Through Jen's incredible sharing, I remain connected to my natal land, culture, beauty and people. It is an honest depiction of rural life in Costa Rica without hype or agenda. A positive outlook on life seeps through the images she offers the world.
15:30 PM October 28, 2012
A New Life in Costa Rica is a guidepost for persons who are considering a move to Costa Rica as Ex-pats. Jennifer's daily phoots are beautiful & inspiring!
16:44 PM October 28, 2012
I really appreciate the almost daily photos of birds, flowers, animals or weather. This blog is candy for the eyes, especially for those of us who live in northern climates.
12:55 PM October 29, 2012
Love seeing the flowers and wildlife and learning about places in CR we are unfamiliar with.
14:57 PM October 30, 2012
I check this blog everyday! I love the nature and beauty of Costa Rica that she shares.
02:30 AM November 01, 2012
I love Costa Rica, and this blog's pictures and commentary serve as reminders of that country and its people. I check it several times each week and look forward to seeing Jen's crafts. I feel as though I am watching her daughter grow up in a warm and nurturing family. Congratulations on the nomination. I hope A New Life in Costa Rica wins!