Helen Jones lives in Uppsala
Latest Blog Posts »
- To do list: 2017 6 months ago This year, in lieu of new year’s resolutions, I’m making another list. I may only have achieved 11 out of my “16 for 2016“, but the format worked for me, so I’m repeating it this year with a couple of tweaks. The rules are as follows: Every item on the list must be self-contained – […]
- 16 for 2016: the resolution 6 months ago At the start of this year, in lieu of a new year’s resolution, I made a list of 16 things to do in 2016. Having written about them here, I figure it’s time for an update as the year draws to a close. Strictly speaking, I achieved 11 out of 16 things – not an amazing […]
- Should you move to Sweden? 8 months ago The week of the Brexit referendum result, everyone in the UK was googling their way into a new life abroad. You can fact check this on Google Trends, which shows significant traffic spikes for terms like “move to Germany“, “move to Australia“, “move to Spain“, “move to Canada“. And,...
- Things I can't talk about in Swedish 10 months ago As I near the two-year anniversary of moving to Uppsala I’ve started to reflect a little. After a tumultuous first year as an immigrant in Sweden it feels like I’ve moved into a period of consolidation and stabilisation. There is still progress and change happening, but at a much slower pace,...
- To the Brexit "I don't know"s 1 year ago I’ve been pretty restrained this campaign season, but the referendum is in two days and there’s someone I need to talk to. It’s not the voter who’s already decided to vote Leave. I respect your decision and, let’s face it, if every expert economist and notable world leader combined...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Helen Jones lives in Uppsala has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!