The REAL Costa Rica Blog
Latest Blog Posts »
- Costa Rica's Airport Exit Tax to be Included in Ticket Price 2 days ago Forever its seems, when you left Costa Rica by air, you paid the ($29.00) exit tax at the airport in a special area to the right of the main entrance at SJO. I am not sure where it was paid in Liberia (LIB). Technically, you could also pay it at at Bancrédito bank branches, or […]
- End of year? Marchamo time! 3 days ago If you own a car here in Costa Rica, you probably already know what is marchamo. Marchamo is paid every December and gives you the right to take your car out of the garage (or wherever) and drive it in Costa Rica, i.e. “circulate”. There are over 1 million cars in Costa Rica. The marchamo...
- Duty Free Shopping in Golfito, Costa Rica 9 months ago Occasionally I get submissions from other bloggers here in Costa Rica and sometimes, I hear about an article written by one of them that would be a great additions to The REAL Costa Rica Blog. In this case, I contacted the author and requested permission to reprint one of their Blog articles. I...
- Thanksgiving in Costa Rica 2013 1 year ago Trying to find a good and comprehensive list of restaurants that offer a good Thanksgiving feast in Costa Rica is difficult. Several sites and user groups offer a few, but nothing really complete. Saying that, I am starting this list. It contains almost nothing, but I am asking that my readers:...
- Reading in Costa Rica - A How-To Guide for the 21st Century 1 year ago I recently received either an email or a comment from one of my readers asking why I don’t write about devices like Amazon’s Kindle, the Nook, etc. The digital eBook readers. Pretty good idea! So here it is. My last post covered the affects of humidity on cameras. I hope that it was helpful....
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on The REAL Costa Rica Blog
18:12 PM September 28, 2013
Tim's blog and web site is one the most informative out there. He tells it as it is with out the "pura vida" icing. I believe he provides sound advice and a comprehensive look at what a person can expect when moving to Costa Rica.
00:22 AM December 31, 2013
Tim's website and blog got us to Costa Rica and we have never looked back. He is so honest and informative, and thanks to him, we have been able to avoid many of the culture shocks he warned us about. We love our new home and we credit Tim and all his brutal, but necessary info for our smooth transition. His tour is not fun, but I highly recommend it if you are thinking of moving here or to any Latin American country.
18:03 PM January 20, 2014
Thank goodness for your honesty. Contemplating this move is a major decision.