The REAL Costa Rica Blog
Latest Blog Posts »
- Thanksgiving in Costa Rica 2013 4 months ago Trying to find a good and comprehensive list of restaurants that offer a good Thanksgiving feast in Costa Rica is difficult. Several sites and user groups offer a few, but nothing really complete. Saying that, I am starting this list. It contains almost nothing, but I am asking that my readers:...
- Reading in Costa Rica - A How-To Guide for the 21st Century 5 months ago I recently received either an email or a comment from one of my readers asking why I don’t write about devices like Amazon’s Kindle, the Nook, etc. The digital eBook readers. Pretty good idea! So here it is. My last post covered the affects of humidity on cameras. I hope that it was helpful....
- Cameras and Humidity in Costa Rica 5 months ago Photography has always been enormously popular not only with the tourists but with many ex-pats living here in Costa Rica. It is one of my favorite pastimes. I have had and used several excellent film and digital cameras here in Costa Rica including an Olympus, a Mamiya, and my current cameras,...
- Costa Rica Rains Causing Death and Destruction 5 months ago This is a travel advisory for those visiting Costa Rica but might also be of interest to anyone living here and experiencing their first “green season“. While Costa Rica does not suffer from hurricanes (we are too far south) we certainly get some torrential rains every year during the rainy...
- NBC Terminates Service to Costa Rica 5 months ago NBC, for some unknown reason has now removed all programming to Costa Rica.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on The REAL Costa Rica Blog
18:12 PM September 28, 2013
Tim's blog and web site is one the most informative out there. He tells it as it is with out the "pura vida" icing. I believe he provides sound advice and a comprehensive look at what a person can expect when moving to Costa Rica.
00:22 AM December 31, 2013
Tim's website and blog got us to Costa Rica and we have never looked back. He is so honest and informative, and thanks to him, we have been able to avoid many of the culture shocks he warned us about. We love our new home and we credit Tim and all his brutal, but necessary info for our smooth transition. His tour is not fun, but I highly recommend it if you are thinking of moving here or to any Latin American country.
18:03 PM January 20, 2014
Thank goodness for your honesty. Contemplating this move is a major decision.