The REAL Costa Rica Blog
Latest Blog Posts »
- Cost Rica Caribbean Coast is Pretty Much Isolated 6 months ago Weather conditions have worsened and for all intents and purposes, the Caribbean side of Costa Rica has been cut off not only for travel but much of communications. The most affected are Siquirres, Matina, Sarapiqui, Turrialba, Limón, Talamanca and Valle de la Estrella. The only way to the...
- Route 32 San Jose to Puerto Limon Closed 5 months ago This major route suffered landslides and will be closed likely until Monday and perhaps longer. Travelers to the Caribbean costs should check the status of this highway before traveling route 32. Rains will continue, so even if open, take extreme caution when traveling along this road. While there...
- Chikungunya has Arrived in Costa Rica 11 months ago I am never fond of travel advisories because far too often, people overreact to things that are just not all that serious. On the other hand, I delayed blogging about these two topics until I could get the full picture. Neither is, in my opinion, reason to change travel plans. Both, however,...
- Using a GPS and Waze in Costa Rica 11 months ago For the longest time, I have wanted to blog about the use of GPS devices in Costa Rica. I actually asked and received some GPS maps from companies (located in Costa Rica) to test on my Garmin Nuvi. These are pretty much the same maps available online and when you rent a GPS at car […]
- Costa Ricans - What makes Ticos Tick? Culture Shock and Cultural Adjustment 11 months ago When I first came to Costa Rica (hard to believe that it was back in the past century… late ’90s!) there were two groups of ex-pats here. A few took the time to really learn the language and the culture… others, (maybe most), not so much. This has changed greatly and for the better. More...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on The REAL Costa Rica Blog
18:12 PM September 28, 2013
Tim's blog and web site is one the most informative out there. He tells it as it is with out the "pura vida" icing. I believe he provides sound advice and a comprehensive look at what a person can expect when moving to Costa Rica.
00:22 AM December 31, 2013
Tim's website and blog got us to Costa Rica and we have never looked back. He is so honest and informative, and thanks to him, we have been able to avoid many of the culture shocks he warned us about. We love our new home and we credit Tim and all his brutal, but necessary info for our smooth transition. His tour is not fun, but I highly recommend it if you are thinking of moving here or to any Latin American country.
18:03 PM January 20, 2014
Thank goodness for your honesty. Contemplating this move is a major decision.