The REAL Costa Rica Blog
Latest Blog Posts »
- Organ Donation in Costa Rica... Oh... and Grab a Kleenex. 1 week ago Tweet I thought that I might share this short video. The content of course crosses international boundaries, but the idea is to get you thinking, Donating your organs is possible in Costa Rica. Theoretically you can do it via your residency card or drivers license. Your might be able to do it...
- Zika Virus - A Travel Alert but NOT for Costa Rica... Yet! 2 weeks ago Tweet I am getting a ton of email asking about the Zika Virus. In fact… so many emails that I felt I needed to post the hot skinny on this disease. Most important is the Zika has not yet arrived in Costa Rica. That’s the good news. The bad news is that it is now in […]
- Cost Rica Caribbean Coast is Pretty Much Isolated 9 months ago Tweet Weather conditions have worsened and for all intents and purposes, the Caribbean side of Costa Rica has been cut off not only for travel but much of communications. The most affected are Siquirres, Matina, Sarapiqui, Turrialba, Limón, Talamanca and Valle de la Estrella. The only way to the...
- Route 32 San Jose to Puerto Limon Closed 9 months ago Tweet This major route suffered landslides and will be closed likely until Monday and perhaps longer. Travelers to the Caribbean costs should check the status of this highway before traveling route 32. Rains will continue, so even if open, take extreme caution when traveling along this road. While...
- Chikungunya has Arrived in Costa Rica 1 year ago Tweet I am never fond of travel advisories because far too often, people overreact to things that are just not all that serious. On the other hand, I delayed blogging about these two topics until I could get the full picture. Neither is, in my opinion, reason to change travel plans. Both,...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on The REAL Costa Rica Blog
18:12 PM September 28, 2013
Tim's blog and web site is one the most informative out there. He tells it as it is with out the "pura vida" icing. I believe he provides sound advice and a comprehensive look at what a person can expect when moving to Costa Rica.
00:22 AM December 31, 2013
Tim's website and blog got us to Costa Rica and we have never looked back. He is so honest and informative, and thanks to him, we have been able to avoid many of the culture shocks he warned us about. We love our new home and we credit Tim and all his brutal, but necessary info for our smooth transition. His tour is not fun, but I highly recommend it if you are thinking of moving here or to any Latin American country.
18:03 PM January 20, 2014
Thank goodness for your honesty. Contemplating this move is a major decision.