The REAL Costa Rica Blog
Latest Blog Posts »
- Retirement Options... including Costa Rica 6 days ago Retirement Options – Humor Alert Looking for that perfect retirement spot? Here are some ideas! You can retire to Phoenix, Arizona where… You are willing to park 3 blocks away from your house because you found shade. You can drive for 4 hours in one direction and never leave town. You have...
- Medical Care and Options Part 2 1 year ago The purpose of this post is twofold. First, I want to thank the many readers who communicated with me after my last post, part of which discussed what I had learned from my cancer treatments. I cannot begin to express how much I appreciate the numerous comments and best wishes I received via...
- Medical Care and Options in Costa Rica 1 year ago I was diagnosed with cancer last year. While I thought I had a pretty deep knowledge of medical care both private and public (my wife has been with Calderon Guardia hospital, the second largest CAJA hospital in CR, for 34 years), it turns out I was wrong. In this post I will share some...
- Help Wanted 1 year ago There is a lot going on in Costa Rica and I’m always happy to get some help! With my various obligations, I find I cannot post to this Blog as often as I would like (at least every day), so I’d like to invite a few folks to contribute their thoughts, opinions, humor or whatever to The […]
- Organ Donation in Costa Rica... Oh... and Grab a Kleenex. 1 year ago I thought that I might share this short video. The content of course crosses international boundaries, but the idea is to get you thinking, Donating your organs is possible in Costa Rica. Theoretically you can do it via your residency card or drivers license. Your might be able to do it through...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on The REAL Costa Rica Blog
18:12 PM September 28, 2013
Tim's blog and web site is one the most informative out there. He tells it as it is with out the "pura vida" icing. I believe he provides sound advice and a comprehensive look at what a person can expect when moving to Costa Rica.
00:22 AM December 31, 2013
Tim's website and blog got us to Costa Rica and we have never looked back. He is so honest and informative, and thanks to him, we have been able to avoid many of the culture shocks he warned us about. We love our new home and we credit Tim and all his brutal, but necessary info for our smooth transition. His tour is not fun, but I highly recommend it if you are thinking of moving here or to any Latin American country.
18:03 PM January 20, 2014
Thank goodness for your honesty. Contemplating this move is a major decision.