The REAL Costa Rica Blog
Latest Blog Posts »
- Two of Many Crawly Things in Costa Rica 3 weeks ago I get a number of emails from people concerned about the large assortment of bugs, bichos, and various creepy crawly things found here. Millipedes and centipedes are near the top of the list, though snakes always rank number one. Cucarachas (cockroaches) too are popular ! So when I came across...
- Costa Rica Attracts Some Strange People! 4 months ago I long ago gave up watching ANY US news station. If it’s not outright fake news, it is so heavily biased either to the point of view of the network or the reporter to make it all but useless. They are ALL guilty. Enter the BBC! I get all BBC channels (and there […]
- Here are Costa Rica Minimum Wages 2018 5 months ago This post is mainly directed at readers living here or may plan to move to Costa Rica and who employ or may wish to employ a person to work for them either full or part time. They can be Costa Ricans or citizens of another country. To the Minister of Labor, (MTSS) it makes no […]
- Domestic airline Nature Air closed by civil authority 5 months ago The Dirección General de Aviación Civil (DGAC), the civil airline authority has closed Nature Air until further notice due to the apparent lack of three management positions, Director of Operations, Head of Security and a Head of Training. The previous head of training recently was killed in a...
- IPTV. How it works and the Skinny! 8 months ago UPDATE May 1, 2018 Two things have changed! I have just ordered a new Set Top Box (STB), the T2. an upgrade from the T1, Details will follow! I also am using a new IPTV service: https://bit.ly/2KClYp9 Now back to our show! Some of my readers will immediately understand the letters IPTV. ...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on The REAL Costa Rica Blog
18:12 PM September 28, 2013
Tim's blog and web site is one the most informative out there. He tells it as it is with out the "pura vida" icing. I believe he provides sound advice and a comprehensive look at what a person can expect when moving to Costa Rica.
00:22 AM December 31, 2013
Tim's website and blog got us to Costa Rica and we have never looked back. He is so honest and informative, and thanks to him, we have been able to avoid many of the culture shocks he warned us about. We love our new home and we credit Tim and all his brutal, but necessary info for our smooth transition. His tour is not fun, but I highly recommend it if you are thinking of moving here or to any Latin American country.
18:03 PM January 20, 2014
Thank goodness for your honesty. Contemplating this move is a major decision.