The REAL Costa Rica Blog
Latest Blog Posts »
- Chikungunya has Arrived in Costa Rica 5 days ago I am never fond of travel advisories because far too often, people overreact to things that are just not all that serious. On the other hand, I delayed blogging about these two topics until I could get the full picture. Neither is, in my opinion, reason to change travel plans. Both, however,...
- Using a GPS and Waze in Costa Rica 2 weeks ago For the longest time, I have wanted to blog about the use of GPS devices in Costa Rica. I actually asked and received some GPS maps from companies (located in Costa Rica) to test on my Garmin Nuvi. These are pretty much the same maps available online and when you rent a GPS at car […]
- Costa Ricans - What makes Ticos Tick? Culture Shock and Cultural Adjustment 2 weeks ago When I first came to Costa Rica (hard to believe that it was back in the past century… late ’90s!) there were two groups of ex-pats here. A few took the time to really learn the language and the culture… others, (maybe most), not so much. This has changed greatly and for the better. More...
- Thanksgiving in Costa Rica - 2014 3 weeks ago The ultimate in laziness for a blogger is to reprint an olde post. OK… Here is a re-print plus maybe a bit new. Check prices! They may have changed. Trying to find a good and comprehensive list of restaurants that offer a good Thanksgiving feast in Costa Rica is difficult. Several sites and...
- Costa Rica's Airport Exit Tax to be Included in Ticket Price 3 weeks ago Forever its seems, when you left Costa Rica by air, you paid the ($29.00) exit tax at the airport in a special area to the right of the main entrance at SJO. I am not sure where it was paid in Liberia (LIB). Technically, you could also pay it at at Bancrédito bank branches, or […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on The REAL Costa Rica Blog
18:12 PM September 28, 2013
Tim's blog and web site is one the most informative out there. He tells it as it is with out the "pura vida" icing. I believe he provides sound advice and a comprehensive look at what a person can expect when moving to Costa Rica.
00:22 AM December 31, 2013
Tim's website and blog got us to Costa Rica and we have never looked back. He is so honest and informative, and thanks to him, we have been able to avoid many of the culture shocks he warned us about. We love our new home and we credit Tim and all his brutal, but necessary info for our smooth transition. His tour is not fun, but I highly recommend it if you are thinking of moving here or to any Latin American country.
18:03 PM January 20, 2014
Thank goodness for your honesty. Contemplating this move is a major decision.