Latest Blog Posts »
- An Anthem for the Non-Haters by India Arie 2 days ago An anthem for these days: This performance speaks to me on so many levels in the face of what feels like helpless.Breath is the centre of my work.And one little line in there made me think a certain someone put this song in front of me.Take a moment to turn it up.Listen.And breathe.
- Human seeking Human 2 weeks ago Flashback to nursing school in 1981.The near elderly nursing instructor, with her pillbox white hat pinned to her short hair, purses her painted red lips, eyes narrow to a "don't mess with me" gaze, "Don't ever, I mean ever, let me hear of you crying or becoming emotional in front of a...
- 13 REASONS WHY: the verdict 3 months ago This is written from the perspective of a former teenager, a mental health professional who has worked with many people experiencing suicidal ideation or whom have attempted suicide, a former high school counsellor, a psychotherapist that saw a fair amount of teenagers in her...
- Radical Self-Care when the Sh*t Hits the Fan 4 months ago Last year was a bitch for many of us.I’ll spare re-writing the global list, but add to mine the year-long struggle my brother had with brain cancer and, yes: It more than sucked.As a self-proclaimed self-care warrior, I knew early in 2016 that if I did not concentrate all of my efforts on...
- published in elephant journal 4 months ago here is the link of a piece i did on grief just published in elephant journal: https://www.elephantjournal.com/2017/04/what-our-first-great-loss-will-teach-us/
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » beckoning balance has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!