Latest Blog Posts »
- We Survived Oktoberfest! 1 week ago After 3 years of thinking about it, Lucas and I, along with a group of friends made the trek to the world’s largest beer festival. It was everything we hoped it would be, amazing beer, lots of singing and standing on tables, making new friends and delicious food. We arrived in Munich on a...
- October Ruminations 2 weeks ago I’m having a hard time believing it’s October, but the sun is setting earlier and the leaves have started to fall. Without a distinctive hot ‘summer’ in the UK, it sort of just slips from spring to winter, with the change in daylight hours the only distinctive marker of the change in...
- A Day on the Inner Hebrides 1 month ago Be fore our Ben Nevis hike, Lucas and I had a day to spend in Oban. We’d journeyed up form Cumbria to Loch Lomond, had a seriously good curry and then had a day to make the 2-3 hour journey from Loch Lomond to Fort William. Because I can’t stand having an unused day, I booked us... Read More
- Ben Nevis: Climbing Britain's Highest Mountain 2 months ago One of our goals while living in the UK was to climb the highest peak in Scotland, England and Wales. Our first year, we travelled to Snowdonia and climbed the highest peak in Wales, Snowdon, and spent some time enjoying ourselves among the castles and seaside. Last summer, we visited the...
- Thun and Bern: Beautiful Old Swiss Cities 3 months ago The second day in Grindelwald was forecast to be wet, so it wasn’t worth spending 60 Swiss Franks (about 60 USD) to take us up to the top of the Grindelwald First lift, which had been our original plan. Instead, we decided to slow down our trip to Zurich with a few scenic stops in... Read More
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Amanda Afield has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!