10 Degrees Above
Latest Blog Posts »
- Green Iguana (Iguana iguana) - Adult & Juvenile 6 days ago The young or juvenile green iguana aka common iguana was found on our small farm in Matina Limon. The larger iguana is a resident of Selva Verde Lodge in Chilimate, CR. The Iguana iguana is a herbivore that lives in the trees. Adults … MORE Green Iguana (Iguana iguana) – Adult &...
- Various Hummingbirds of Costa Rica 1 week ago Three hummingbirds that inhabit the Central Valley of Costa Rica A trip to the Central Valley proved fruitful in the hummingbird department. We were at La Paz Waterfall Gardens to take family photos for a client there on vacation. The … MORE Various Hummingbirds of Costa Rica Kimberly Beck
- Striped Poison Dart Frog (Phyllobates lugubris) aka Lovely Dart Frog 4 months ago Barely noticeable in the leaf litter this frog of only 2 centimeters jumps from one hiding place to another. His stripes are thought to be designed to keep predators away but it doesn’t seem to make him any less cautious. After … MORE Striped Poison Dart Frog (Phyllobates lugubris) aka Lovely...
- Plantain Fritters, Patacones, Atole - How To Cook Those Things that Look like Big Bananas 4 months ago Plantain recipes for every meal be it breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert. The plantain is a starchy fruit that grows from an herb, much like the banana. The fruit contains 4.6 g of fiber and is high in vitamins A, C, B6 … MORE Plantain Fritters, Patacones, Atole – How To Cook Those Things...
- DIY Drawers and Doors - Classing Up the Joint One Room at a Time 5 months ago This post shows the drawers and doors we made to help beautify, organize and help put this long project to rest. Making an honest woman out of me, through my drawers. See the red bag in the photo below? That … MORE DIY Drawers and Doors – Classing Up the Joint One Room at a Time Kimberly Beck
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Costa Rica Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Costa Rica!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 10 Degrees Above
17:22 PM December 11, 2012
Love this blog!!!!!
20:25 PM December 11, 2012
Fantastic blog. Always spot on info and mixed with a bit a humour as well.
02:51 AM December 12, 2012
I love the blogs on 10 Degrees Above! Barry takes awesome pictures! He and Kim tell you the story of the subject, then have great pics to go along with it. Kim provides a lot of information on Costa Rica. They seem to have found their own little slice of Heaven, and want to share it with the world. So I will enjoy the blogs until I get there in person!
14:14 PM December 19, 2012
Kim, you and Barry provide important and interesting information. Thanks and keep up the great work!