10 Degrees Above
Latest Blog Posts »
- Creating the Kitchen, Finishing the Bathrooms and Keeping the Bugs Out 1 week ago We are saving money by using a few Tico tricks, a bit of American ingenuity and improvising.We are currently working on ‘finishing’ type projects and I’m even considering (dare I say it) what my drapes might look like. This post … MORECreating the Kitchen, Finishing the...
- Breadnut (Artocarpus camansi) Commonly Known as Castana in Costa Rica 3 weeks ago Chestnuts in Central America? The breadnut tree, which is in the Mora family, produces a large oblong shaped fruit that has soft spikes covering it. It is known as the Castana (cast-on-ya) here in Costa Rica. It is a versatile … MOREBreadnut (Artocarpus camansi) Commonly Known as Castana in...
- Moin Port in Limon Costa Rica and the new APM Container Facility 1 month ago Possible Investments in Limon Province and Anticipated Growth This article was originally published on November 1st, 2013 in A.M. Costa Rica, an on-line English language news source. The editor made some changes when published, this was the original story. In … MOREMoin Port in Limon Costa...
- CARNAVAL Costa Rica in Limon! 2 months ago Three of our articles about the Carnival (Carnaval as it is known here) in the port city of Limon Costa Rica were published by A.M. Costa Rica, an English language daily news source. They are all here, the most recent … MORECARNAVAL Costa Rica in Limon! Kimberly Beck
- Varnish in Humid Conditions, the Trap Door and Using Galvanized Steel 2 months ago This post includes information on the product we chose to varnish with in our humid environment, how we built a trap door for fun and function and the decision to use galvanized steel to build a walkway and lean to … MOREVarnish in Humid Conditions, the Trap Door and Using Galvanized...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Costa Rica Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Costa Rica!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 10 Degrees Above
17:22 PM December 11, 2012
Love this blog!!!!!
20:25 PM December 11, 2012
Fantastic blog. Always spot on info and mixed with a bit a humour as well.
02:51 AM December 12, 2012
I love the blogs on 10 Degrees Above! Barry takes awesome pictures! He and Kim tell you the story of the subject, then have great pics to go along with it. Kim provides a lot of information on Costa Rica. They seem to have found their own little slice of Heaven, and want to share it with the world. So I will enjoy the blogs until I get there in person!
14:14 PM December 19, 2012
Kim, you and Barry provide important and interesting information. Thanks and keep up the great work!