10 Degrees Above
Latest Blog Posts »
- Annulated Tree Boa (Corallus annulatus) 2 weeks ago 10 Degrees Above 10 Degrees Above - Wildlife Photography Workshops in Costa Rica An Annulated Tree Boa found in the humid, tropical, lowland rain forest of Costa Rica. Annulated Boa’s are rarely seen by humans due to the fact that they live high in the treetops (arboreal) and are active mainly...
- Rain Forest Hog Nosed Pit Viper (Porthidium nasutum) 3 months ago 10 Degrees Above 10 Degrees Above - Wildlife Photography Workshops in Costa Rica A collection of our Rain Forest Hog Nosed Pit Viper images. These different snakes have all been collected here on our property. We started collecting them for photographing in 2011. Some general characteristics are:...
- Boa Constrictor (Boa constrictor) 3 months ago 10 Degrees Above 10 Degrees Above - Wildlife Photography Workshops in Costa Rica A juvenile boa constrictor found on the ground in an area heavily visited by jungle mice. The jungle environment is a smorgasbord of food for boa constrictors. They kill by constriction which is really just giving an...
- The Little Trooper that Could - Saying Goodbye to an Old Friend 3 months ago 10 Degrees Above 10 Degrees Above - Wildlife Photography Workshops in Costa Rica Selling our 1990 Isuzu Trooper wasn’t an easy thing to do and not for the reasons you might suspect. I almost cried yesterday, almost. How silly it was to be emotional over the sale of a car, but the Trooper wasn’t...
- Racer Snakes in Costa Rica 5 months ago 10 Degrees Above 10 Degrees Above - Wildlife Photography Workshops in Costa Rica Four Racer Snakes in Costa Rica from the Colubridae family, all found on the Caribbean slope. Racers are widely known to be eaters of frogs. They live where the frogs live, which is along riverbanks and creek beds. The...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Costa Rica Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Costa Rica!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 10 Degrees Above
17:22 PM December 11, 2012
Love this blog!!!!!
20:25 PM December 11, 2012
Fantastic blog. Always spot on info and mixed with a bit a humour as well.
02:51 AM December 12, 2012
I love the blogs on 10 Degrees Above! Barry takes awesome pictures! He and Kim tell you the story of the subject, then have great pics to go along with it. Kim provides a lot of information on Costa Rica. They seem to have found their own little slice of Heaven, and want to share it with the world. So I will enjoy the blogs until I get there in person!
14:14 PM December 19, 2012
Kim, you and Barry provide important and interesting information. Thanks and keep up the great work!