10 Degrees Above
Latest Blog Posts »
- Why We Chose a Painted Metal Roof, Using Bamboo Poles & Water Problem 1 month ago Why we chose painted metal roofing, how we used bamboo to help with building,
- Caribbean Rice-n-Beans aka Coconut Rice and Beans 2 months ago How to make Caribbean Rice n Beans using fresh coconuts, garden vegetables and herbs. We visit restaurants that are owned by Afro-Caribbean ladies more than we visit traditional “sodas” here. Our meals always cost a buck or two more but … more CR infoCaribbean Rice-n-Beans aka...
- Red Eyed Tree Frog (Agalychnis callidryas) & Olive Tree Frog (Scinax elaeochrous) Limon Costa Rica 2 months ago Images of a Red Eyed Tree Frog and an Olive Tree Frog found in Caribbean lowlands of Costa Rica. Tree frogs all have adhesive disks and webbing between their fingers and toes. They all have bulging eyes and can pretty … more CR infoRed Eyed Tree Frog (Agalychnis callidryas) & Olive Tree Frog...
- Raw Sugar Cane Processing using Manual Press 2 months ago This article shows how we harvest sugar cane from our garden and make sugar cane juice on a manual hand press or trapiche, as it is known here in Costa Rica. This is the sugar cane we have planted in … more CR infoRaw Sugar Cane Processing using Manual Press Kimberly Beck
- Building Costa Rica – Tools & Torque Pt 4 3 months ago Building Costa Rica – Images of the progress since the last post
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Costa Rica!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 10 Degrees Above
17:22 PM December 11, 2012
Love this blog!!!!!
20:25 PM December 11, 2012
Fantastic blog. Always spot on info and mixed with a bit a humour as well.
02:51 AM December 12, 2012
I love the blogs on 10 Degrees Above! Barry takes awesome pictures! He and Kim tell you the story of the subject, then have great pics to go along with it. Kim provides a lot of information on Costa Rica. They seem to have found their own little slice of Heaven, and want to share it with the world. So I will enjoy the blogs until I get there in person!
14:14 PM December 19, 2012
Kim, you and Barry provide important and interesting information. Thanks and keep up the great work!