Cuenca Quilt Guilt
Latest Blog Posts »
- A New Wall Quilt with Healing Purpose 1 week ago This week I plan to complete a new Laurel Burch wall panel to put up in the master bedroom where I now have my very first quilt hanging. My goal is to get the new quilt completed and UP on the wall in about a week. My husband Lenny is suddenly facing delicate eye […]
- Economy Block ANY Size! (With Cheat Sheet) 1 month ago Originally posted on Catbird Quilt Studio:There’s a new craze out there promoted by Red Pepper Quilts, crazy mom quilts, and others, and it’s called the economy block. That’s a new term to me, as I know this block as “square-in-a-square” or “diamond-in-a-square.” Maybe the economy...
- A Straight-Forward-Appearing Pattern Proves Hard 1 month ago I recently bought a quilt pattern online. It is a perfect solution for this US citizen living permanently in Ecuador. The pattern appeared to be something I would enjoy making. I even had fabrics that look a lot like the pattern. The pattern is fine. My skills at matching approximately...
- If you are a long arm quilter about retirement age? 1 month ago One challenge in Cuenca, Ecuador is that there are no long arm quilters. If you make a quilt, you will need to quilt it by hand or machine. There are no wonderful long-arm experts around. So I thought I’d note that if you are a long arm quilter around retirement age, thinking of moving to...
- Starting a new quilt as a summer project 2 months ago When I visited the US recently, I had the joy of buying new fabric to bring back to Ecuador where there are virtually no 100% quilting cottons. This week, I feel ready to start a new project. I have plenty of quilts partly sewn. But it is more fun to start something new right now. […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Cuenca Quilt Guilt has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!