Keeping You In Stitches
Latest Blog Posts »
- Good Times and Great Memories RIP Aunt Frances 3 months ago A little over a year ago I blogged about my Great Aunt Frances turning 100; well, last Friday she passed away at age 101! Can you imagine the things she has seen? She was not ill, her heart just gave out. I read somewhere that our hearts are good for so many beats and I […]
- What a few busy weeks I had in the U.S. 2 months ago Started out in Ft. Myers, FL because Todd, (SIL) had shoulder surgery at the VA hospital. I was impressed! Fairly new hospital. I was the runner to get stuff (ie: paperwork, medications, the sling for his arm). So I spent a lot of time in the lobby listening to the Vets talk about their...
- Sewing class = a fabric field trip 3 months ago Yesterday, Wednesday, should have been sewing class day. However, we diverted it into a fabric field trip to Palmares. Alejandra has family there so she was the day’s guide. First stop was at a warehouse of fabrics! Oh my! Oh my! Oh my! It was huge!!!! Lots of quilting fabric, which was nice to...
- Small problem getting to Sewing Class today...... 5 months ago but as usual, I found a way around it! As I was driving down the street where the sewing classes are, all of a sudden they decided to trim some trees that were hanging over the street. They had two plastic “thingies” to stop you from going down the street. Keep in mind, I needed […]
- Best recipe yet from Pinterest! 5 months ago My New Year’s Resolution was to make something once a month from Pinterest! Sometimes it’s sewing, knitting, etc; however, this month was a recipe you will all want to make! It’s called Cannoli Dip!!! 2/3 C. mini choc. chips (however, I couldn’t find mini chips so I just used a whole bag of...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Keeping You In Stitches
01:32 AM March 22, 2013
I have really enjoyed reading your blog. My husband and I plan to move to this area of Costa Rica when our house sells. Your information has been both informative and entertaining. I look forward to reading more and hopeful meeting you before too long.
01:34 AM May 26, 2014
I would like to know about the interest in quilt making in Costa Rica. Are there stores with materials? Do quilting clubs exist? Is there an authentic "style" of quilting in Costa Rica? How many of the local people are involved in quilting? Thank you for your time and help in answering these questions. Barry :)