Keeping You In Stitches
Latest Blog Posts »
- I Cooked for Animals in Costa Rica! 2 days ago Animales Atenas had a different kind of fundraiser. It was called Dinner for Two; or Four or Six! Basically, volunteers cook a meal and deliver it to the winners of the raffle. I thought this was something Maricela might like to do. So in my Spanglish, I finally got the message through that this...
- Another adventure yesterday in Costa Rica 3 months ago Thursday is a Beach Day and I decided I needed to have a hat that would cover my face – more than a baseball cap would. Asked Denise and Michele if they would like to go to MultiPlaza on Sunday; they agreed to go. Spent most of the day there….yes, during the World Cup, we […]
- Renewed our drivers' licenses - EASY PEASY! 3 months ago Left about 9 a.m. this morning to drive to San Ramon to renew our drivers’ licenses. San Ramon is higher up in the mountains and it was much cooler; am sure if we lived there, we would wear long pants and long sleeves sometimes. We went with our Passports, copies of our Passports, and our […]
- Decided to celebrate my birthday the whole month of July! 3 months ago Woke up on July 1 with birthday greetings from my alma mater, Western Michigan University. The football coach wished “me” birthday greetings even tho’ my birthday isn’t till July 31! I’m figuring everyone from WKU with a birthday in July got the same greeting. I am not a US football...
- A letter to Paypal..... 4 months ago Dear Paypal….. I live in Costa Rica; it is in Central America; it is part of the real world!!! I’m wondering how many merchants that use Paypal are aware that they may say “ship worldwide”; but when I try to purchase something and have it shipped to Costa Rica, I get a notice saying...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Keeping You In Stitches
01:32 AM March 22, 2013
I have really enjoyed reading your blog. My husband and I plan to move to this area of Costa Rica when our house sells. Your information has been both informative and entertaining. I look forward to reading more and hopeful meeting you before too long.
01:34 AM May 26, 2014
I would like to know about the interest in quilt making in Costa Rica. Are there stores with materials? Do quilting clubs exist? Is there an authentic "style" of quilting in Costa Rica? How many of the local people are involved in quilting? Thank you for your time and help in answering these questions. Barry :)