Keeping You In Stitches
Latest Blog Posts »
- Special Anniversary Dinner - muchas gracias Antaño's 6 days ago We have the best friends in Costa Rica!!! Antano’s, Yaddixa and Sandra, invited us to have an anniversary dinner there. As usual, we were not disappointed. A beautiful arrangement of flowers on the table. And a delicious dinner – with special friends, what could be better! Sandra...
- Hmmmm.....am I considered a FreakFlops mule? 2 weeks ago I am headed to KY on Sept. 1…..along with these FreakFlops for a friend. I think I might be a FreakFlop mule. (That’s what we call having friends bring us things from the states. Only I’m taking Costa Rican things to the US. These are so neat…..if they get dirty, just use a scrub brush...
- Pizza with potato wedges topping, yummy! 4 weeks ago Denise and I decided to go shopping today instead of knitting, since everyone else was not going to be there. What!? You say, yep, we got dissed at knitting. I desperately needed some new earrings! The weather down here has played havoc with my earrings that are silver. Talk about being...
- All by myself...... 1 month ago I’ve taken the leap!!! Been using CAJA for dental work. CAJA is the government health insurance you have to be a part of when living in Costa Rica. When you’re “elderly” it’s a plus in this country…..on the first Monday of the month, only seniors can stand in line to get an...
- Making a dental appointment - CAJA style 3 months ago We have a regular dentist that we’ve been using. They claim they will call us every 6 months for a cleaning; however, I have noticed that the only time they seem to call us is during the season when they don’t have as many patients, such as rainy season. Since we are paying for CAJA […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Keeping You In Stitches
01:32 AM March 22, 2013
I have really enjoyed reading your blog. My husband and I plan to move to this area of Costa Rica when our house sells. Your information has been both informative and entertaining. I look forward to reading more and hopeful meeting you before too long.
01:34 AM May 26, 2014
I would like to know about the interest in quilt making in Costa Rica. Are there stores with materials? Do quilting clubs exist? Is there an authentic "style" of quilting in Costa Rica? How many of the local people are involved in quilting? Thank you for your time and help in answering these questions. Barry :)