Ionia Guest House
Latest Blog Posts »
- It's framing again 3 weeks ago At the risk of never talking about anything except construction… it’s good to be doing timber framing again. Compared to detail work like making windows or furniture, it all goes very fast as most of the time you don’t need to sand or stain the wood. Just cut it to size, get it up there, […]
- TV episode alert for UK readers 2 months ago Hello to all and especially to our friends in the UK. Just a quick word, really. Channel 5 have finally put our episode of “Our Dream Hotel” back on the schedule, which is great. Maybe a little bit less great is that we’re on at 3:10am on a Sunday morning. And it’s this coming Sunday, […]
- Booking dot com, cafe, cupboard, and cats 2 months ago We’ve known for a long time that only being listed on Airbnb was probably foolish on our part and meant we were not reaching some potential customers. So we have finally gotten our act together and listed our place on booking.com. Let’s see whether or not they send us a flood of new guests:...
- Buildings two and three underway 4 months ago A small confession: the photos in this post are about a week out of date, so of course it’s very tempting to run outside with the camera and show you the latest developments. But, knowing me, there’s a danger that if I do that I’ll get stuck in an infinite loop of “just one more […]
- TV news for Australian readers 4 months ago Hello, everyone. Not a full post, just a quick announcement really. Much to our surprise, it looks like our episode of Our Dream Hotel has turned up on Australian television before it has made it to UK television. I know: very strange, but beyond our control. So for any Australian friends who are...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Ionia Guest House
20:49 PM March 01, 2016
Great blog. I'm moving to very near you in May this year. I like reading about expats living in Turkey for advice and their experiences. I'm from the USA and I'm moving to Nazilli soon. I hope I'm able to cope with the cultural changes and language barrier. Thank you for you blog and best wishes for your business!!!