Ionia Guest House
Latest Blog Posts »
- When too much breakfast is barely enough 2 weeks ago A quick one this time. Last time around I thought that problematic levels of food photography were still far in our future, but it turns out that the future arrives sooner than you think. With the cafe being open on Sundays now, we thought we should take a few more shots of our breakfast...
- Sunshine and how to escape it 2 months ago One day, not too far in the future, the feel of this blog is going to change. It will be great, one day, to make a post called “Hotel and house finally finished!”, or something similar. Then I guess we might switch the focus to food photos and landscapes and shots of undiscovered local...
- Straw bales, bar stools, and a trip to the lake 3 months ago So, I have to be quick with this post — early start tomorrow. For once I’m going to try to let the photos speak for themselves and not talk so much. As you can see, the roof on building two is now complete. We had 250 straw bales delivered a couple of weeks ago, and […]
- Spring is coming 4 months ago Winter is just about over. It’s been very wet but, thankfully for the animals of the village, not especially cold. And now there are definite signs of spring in the air — here are a couple of shots to prove it. (These were taken only about a hundred metres from our new house: a short walk...
- It's framing again 5 months ago At the risk of never talking about anything except construction… it’s good to be doing timber framing again. Compared to detail work like making windows or furniture, it all goes very fast as most of the time you don’t need to sand or stain the wood. Just cut it to size, get it up there, […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Ionia Guest House
20:49 PM March 01, 2016
Great blog. I'm moving to very near you in May this year. I like reading about expats living in Turkey for advice and their experiences. I'm from the USA and I'm moving to Nazilli soon. I hope I'm able to cope with the cultural changes and language barrier. Thank you for you blog and best wishes for your business!!!