SWEET PICKLES & CORN
Latest Blog Posts »
- Korea This Week (May 21-27) 16 hours ago A distillation of select news from the peninsula Tourism promotion has always been tricky business in Korea. In this writer’s humble opinion, one of the main stumbling blocks has been a problem of perspective, specifically, a tendency of Korean tourism promoters to consistently overrate the...
- Back From The Dormant 3 days ago After a couple of years languishing in the Great Blog Graveyard, Sweet Pickles and Corn is up and running once more. Before we get started, I’d like to take a few moments to address our faithful and long-suffering readers’ most burning questions. What happened to the old Sweet Pickles and Corn?...
- So Long and Thanks for All the Clicks 1 year ago Hey folks. As you may have noticed, we’ve run out of gas here at Sweet Pickles & Corn. It was a good go, but maintaining consistently quality, long-form pieces as a big group blog (where no one ever gets paid) just proved too much to bear, so we finally came to a sputtering halt. I’m […]
- 90% Norway, 10% Bangladesh 1 year ago by Chris Tharp Korea, Sparkling! Some years back this slogan was trotted out for the world to see by the nation’s tourist board, to the snickers of the more jaundiced expats on the peninsula. Over cold mugs of Cass and Hite we shook our heads, rolled our eyes and once again thought: Must they try...
- The Descending Wing of Justice: How Tobias Wolff Made Me a (Slightly) Better Person 1 year ago by Steve K. Feldman When was the last time a work of literature changed your life? I mean, the day after you finished it—or even the same day—you were inspired to go out and do something, or to stop doing something. And again, I’m talking about literature. Not a self-help “7 Habits of...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on SWEET PICKLES & CORN
17:24 PM March 18, 2015
It's wild, weird, and sometimes makes me wonder what the authors are on. Still, it's a great reminder of what life is like as an expat. Read it today.
01:33 AM March 19, 2015
This is an excellent blog manned by some wonderfully smart, creative folks down in Busan. Really high quality stuff - check it out!