The book is on the table
Latest Blog Posts »
- Here Comes That Weird Chill 1 week ago Only someone from the UK would move to Brazil, start a blog and then write their first post about the weather. Only someone from the UK would bother to write a sequel. And this, I guess, doesn’t do much to challenge the depiction of us Brits as a bunch of grumps, whose approach to...
- Reading between the lines 2 weeks ago On Saturday, the
- Brazilian Beer(s) of the Week: Smoke On the Water 3 months ago As I’ve mentioned previously, the majority of Brazilian beers are macrobrewed and labelled as Pilseners – albeit watery and quite bland.
- Botecos: Like going for a beer in your bathroom 3 months ago Origins The word boteco (or botequim /butiquim) is derived from the Portuguese word botica (bodega in Spanish), which is itself derived from the the Greek word Apotheke – meaning a place or store where goods are sold. However, if in Portugal a botica was a place of storage, in Brazil a boteco...
- Brazilian Beer of the Week: Göttlich Divina (Pilsen Extra com Guaraná) 3 months ago Whilst the
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Brazil!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on The book is on the table
21:44 PM October 29, 2012
Entertaining, informative and, above all, very funny. A foreigner's perspective and opinions about the almighty city of São Paulo with all its ups and downs. Written proof that the British can moan about everything (and are very good at it).
11:13 AM October 30, 2012
It is interesting to see the opinions of a foreigner living in the city I was born (and that he is gradually learning to love it as much as I do). Great texts!
18:47 PM November 10, 2012
Through many conversations with mr. Martin and with his social worker background, I can assure you that he is very keen on all the many issues that my hometown faces everyday, I'm even go as far to say that someone with an outsider's view and fresh ideas might be helpful as a "vereador" one day... Andy, your next cold Brahma is on me.
18:03 PM December 07, 2012
The funniest blog I have read to date on Sao Paulo so far came in the form of Andy's blog on its bus system. Yet the blog serves to do more than just entertain, it deals aspects of life in Sao Paulo in an insightful way...one that isn't also afraid to be serious or critical when necessary.