The book is on the table
Latest Blog Posts »
- Halcyon Days 3 days ago Always keen to get my priorities straight, the first thing I sought to discover about Trujillo – once I’d received confirmation of my job here – was the name of the local football team. Fortunately, in São Paulo I had my good friend – and walking encyclopaedia of South...
- On the Buses 1 week ago Given the topic of last week’s post I guess it might not be too much of a surprise to discover that I’m often unsure which part of travelling I enjoy the most: the journey itself or the exploration of a new destination that comes at the end of it. Most people, I’m sure, wouldn’t give my...
- Eternal Spring and the Neurotic Mind 3 weeks ago As a lone traveller armed linguistically with but a mere Spanish phrasebook my anxiety levels were already hovering around substantial, but when our flight was unexpectedly diverted 250 miles west to a city on the coast they bypassed severe and frantically breached critical. Our arrival,...
- the book is on the table: The Guardian's top city blogs 3 months ago Just a quick post to mention that the book is on the table has been included in the Guardian’s guide to the best city blogs around the world. They have today launched a new site about world cities and hopefully (fingers crossed) content from the blog will start to appear there in the...
- So long, and thanks for all the coxinhas 3 months ago Next Wednesday I am moving to Trujillo, Peru, and although I’ll be back in Sampa and travelling around Brazil for the World Cup, my wife and I will probably be moving back to London in October when my job in Peru comes to an end. So, if any of you have an amazing job offer lined […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Brazil Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Brazil!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on The book is on the table
21:44 PM October 29, 2012
Entertaining, informative and, above all, very funny. A foreigner's perspective and opinions about the almighty city of São Paulo with all its ups and downs. Written proof that the British can moan about everything (and are very good at it).
11:13 AM October 30, 2012
It is interesting to see the opinions of a foreigner living in the city I was born (and that he is gradually learning to love it as much as I do). Great texts!
18:47 PM November 10, 2012
Through many conversations with mr. Martin and with his social worker background, I can assure you that he is very keen on all the many issues that my hometown faces everyday, I'm even go as far to say that someone with an outsider's view and fresh ideas might be helpful as a "vereador" one day... Andy, your next cold Brahma is on me.
18:03 PM December 07, 2012
The funniest blog I have read to date on Sao Paulo so far came in the form of Andy's blog on its bus system. Yet the blog serves to do more than just entertain, it deals aspects of life in Sao Paulo in an insightful way...one that isn't also afraid to be serious or critical when necessary.