The book is on the table
Latest Blog Posts »
- I am just going outside and may be some time. 6 months ago I am moving back to the UK, permanently, on 22nd August. I go jobless and with no real idea where I’ll be or what I’ll be doing in two months time. In some ways this quite liberating, in others a tad daunting. I am going to keep the blog up and running although I’ll doubt […]
- Brazil should celebrate the success of its World Cup 8 months ago At the weekend the article below, about my experience at the World Cup, was published in the Brasil Post. Below is an English translation. *** At the beginning of this year I moved to Peru for work and in almost no time at all I developed a profound sense of saudades for São Paulo. It […]
- 'My City: São Paulo' for The Simple Things magazine 8 months ago For those of you back in the UK I have had a piece published in July’s The Simple Things magazine. Check it out and let me know what you think. Tagged: article, Brasil, Brazil, magazine, Sao Paulo, The Simple Things, UK
- the book is on the table: the documentary 9 months ago BR14: A Rota dos Imigrantes is a series of documentaries airing on TV Brasil in June during the World Cup, with the idea being that an immigrant in Brazil from each country competing in the World Cup will be shown whilst visiting places with links to their homeland or fellow exiles who have made...
- The road to Huanchaco Pier 10 months ago Forget shuttle buses and trains, why not walk to (or from) the airport instead? That is the preferred method of novelist Will Self, who even went as far to include one such stroll – from Los Angeles airport to Hollywood – in his surreal novel-cum-walkalogue Walking to Hollywood. It is...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Brazil Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Brazil!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on The book is on the table
21:44 PM October 29, 2012
Entertaining, informative and, above all, very funny. A foreigner's perspective and opinions about the almighty city of São Paulo with all its ups and downs. Written proof that the British can moan about everything (and are very good at it).
11:13 AM October 30, 2012
It is interesting to see the opinions of a foreigner living in the city I was born (and that he is gradually learning to love it as much as I do). Great texts!
18:47 PM November 10, 2012
Through many conversations with mr. Martin and with his social worker background, I can assure you that he is very keen on all the many issues that my hometown faces everyday, I'm even go as far to say that someone with an outsider's view and fresh ideas might be helpful as a "vereador" one day... Andy, your next cold Brahma is on me.
18:03 PM December 07, 2012
The funniest blog I have read to date on Sao Paulo so far came in the form of Andy's blog on its bus system. Yet the blog serves to do more than just entertain, it deals aspects of life in Sao Paulo in an insightful way...one that isn't also afraid to be serious or critical when necessary.