The book is on the table
Latest Blog Posts »
- See the city, see São Paulo 3 weeks ago In the months prior to leaving Brazil I’d written about walking and psychogeography as means of finding new ways to see, explore and understand the complexities and unseen beauty of São Paulo. It was fitting then, that during those final few months I became increasingly aware of a stencilled...
- Love exists in SP 1 month ago Below is an English translation of my article for the Brasil Post (Huffington Post). Enjoy. * “Não existe amor em SP” (Love doesn’t exist in SP), sings Criolo in that beautiful song of his. I must admit, I was inclined to agree with him when my Paulistano wife and I first moved to São Paulo...
- Existe amor em SP 1 month ago “Não existe amor em SP”, canta Criolo nessa linda canção. Devo admitir que estava inclinado a concordar com ele quando me mudei de Londres para São Paulo com a minha esposa há pouco mais de dois anos. Nos primeiros meses na cidade me senti como se estivesse vivendo em uma selva de pedra...
- The many São Paulos - Pluri São Paulo 1 month ago Ok, something a little different this week as today’s blog is a guest post by Lidi Albuquerque. Lidi is a Paulistano and translator who currently lives in New York, and having read my blog she invited me to take a look at her post about visiting Sampa after a two year absence. I think you’ll...
- Halcyon Days 1 month ago Always keen to get my priorities straight, the first thing I sought to discover about Trujillo – once I’d received confirmation of my job here – was the name of the local football team. Fortunately, in São Paulo I had my good friend – and walking encyclopaedia of South...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Brazil Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Brazil!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on The book is on the table
21:44 PM October 29, 2012
Entertaining, informative and, above all, very funny. A foreigner's perspective and opinions about the almighty city of São Paulo with all its ups and downs. Written proof that the British can moan about everything (and are very good at it).
11:13 AM October 30, 2012
It is interesting to see the opinions of a foreigner living in the city I was born (and that he is gradually learning to love it as much as I do). Great texts!
18:47 PM November 10, 2012
Through many conversations with mr. Martin and with his social worker background, I can assure you that he is very keen on all the many issues that my hometown faces everyday, I'm even go as far to say that someone with an outsider's view and fresh ideas might be helpful as a "vereador" one day... Andy, your next cold Brahma is on me.
18:03 PM December 07, 2012
The funniest blog I have read to date on Sao Paulo so far came in the form of Andy's blog on its bus system. Yet the blog serves to do more than just entertain, it deals aspects of life in Sao Paulo in an insightful way...one that isn't also afraid to be serious or critical when necessary.