Pick Up The Fork
Latest Blog Posts »
- Rock'n Falafel Roll at Roll'in Luí Alimentos 2 weeks ago The whole vegetarians-suffer-in-beefy-Buenos Aires spiel no longer holds much truth. For decades, plant-based dishes on porteño menus were limited to sad lettuce-tomato-onion salads and French fries or mashed potatoes. I’ve seen waiters serve announced vegetarians chicken and ham, genuinely...
- The Empanada Quest: El Banco Rojo 3 weeks ago I’m going on another empanada quest, a search across the country to find the best empanadas Argentina has to offer. Even though empanadas are everywhere, it’s not easy to find that perfect empanada. I’m talking flavorful dough, folded thoughtfully with a respectable repulgue, and baked or...
- The Essential Barrio Guide to Eating and Drinking in Almagro 2 months ago Originally published on Argento’s The Real Argentina Almagro, the up-and-coming Porteño neighborhood that is already on the up, has everything you want in a Buenos Aires barrio. Unlike too cool for school Palermo, Almagro is cool without even trying. The gritty dog poopy streets are lined with...
- Buenos Aires Hit List: A Recap of New Restaurants in 2016 3 months ago There’s never been a shortage of places to dine in Buenos Aires, but really memorable food experiences didn’t happen every day. Until now, that is. As we approach BA’s restaurant golden era, we can see that new and exciting spots are no longer the exception to the...
- La Crespo's Latkes Recipe 3 months ago It’s essential to celebrate Hanukkah (Janucá) in Argentina with a batch of crispy potato latkes. My favorite Argentine-Jewish mother, chef/owner Clarisa Krivopisk of La Crespo, shows me her spin on the festive potato pancake. “I make latkes like a Jewish mother. I don’t follow a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Argentina Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Argentina!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 20 reviews on Pick Up The Fork
00:03 AM November 02, 2012
Hilarious and great reviews, PUTF usually plans my dining out in the city. Couldn't recommend a better read! Grade A!
00:29 AM November 02, 2012
Great, well written, witty blog that keeps me constantly informed about the latest and greatest food in Buenos Aires, Argentina. One of the best around!
03:35 AM November 02, 2012
Excellent. Food blogging at its finest!!
09:10 AM November 02, 2012
Funny, irreverent, edgy, extremely helpful
13:16 PM November 12, 2012
By far the best food blog in Argentina: it's funny, relatable, informative, great photos. Unlike other blogs, these recommendations never let me down.
13:34 PM November 18, 2012
As someone who is passionate about food and has just moved to Buenos Aires this past year - this blog is THE go to resource for all things food-related in BsAs. Pick Up the Fork has all the best tips on restaurants, bars, the perfect dish to try on any particular day - and the photos make it all the more delicious.
19:25 PM December 11, 2012
Absolutely fantastic blog, it really is the best unbiased foreigner's insight on Buenos Aires' food scene, I trust it every time. And unlike most food blogs, it's really fun and easy to read.
13:37 PM December 12, 2012
I don't read many blogs, but Pick Up The Fork is probably the only one I religiously follow, and I don't even live in Buenos Aires anymore! It's by far the best.
12:24 PM December 18, 2012
Most def the top food blog in the city. Never go to a restaurant without checking pick up the fork first.
12:31 PM December 18, 2012
Wonderful, humorous, well informed - this blog is better than the local guide books.
12:34 PM December 18, 2012
This blog is the bomb! By far has the greatest restaurant recommendations, is super well written, and really funny. King of BA food blogs.
12:40 PM December 18, 2012
Me encanta! Pick up the fork es lo mas!
14:00 PM December 18, 2012
Love this sassy mouth!! Without PUTF I'd be a hungry girl lost in a big city!
18:18 PM December 18, 2012
The ultimate restaurant resource in BA! I'm a huge fan, and you should be too.
18:38 PM December 18, 2012
Best tips on where to go to eat in Buenos Aires, great palate, funny writer and nice photographic eye.
21:18 PM December 18, 2012
Fantastic blog and wonderful blogger. Just wish I'd known about it sooner.
22:00 PM December 18, 2012
Very useful blog, I went to several recommended locations and always was right about the menu and experience. Great place to get information and fun and funny too.
00:11 AM December 19, 2012
Really good reviews. Food, fun and choripan!
02:59 AM December 19, 2012
Superb resource for those in Buenos Aires and love good food. Really funny and entertaining, highly recommend!
02:58 AM February 27, 2014
Buenos Aires is one of the highlights when travelling South America and most visitors fall for this elegant city with its European vibe and South American energy. If you plan to travel here, I recommend to visit a list of the Cheapest Hotels in Buenos Aires to suit your budget and needs.