I was an expat wife
Latest Blog Posts »
- Defining repatriation 13 months ago “Don’t assume,” the saying goes. “It makes an ASS of U and ME.” Well I don’t know about U, but ME is feeling pretty ASS-like at the moment. I’ve been ploughing through the results of my repatriation survey, and it’s … Continue reading →
- Re-entry: expectations vs. reality 1 year ago When I decided to write a book about overcoming the challenges of repatriation, I knew I’d have to talk to repats about their experiences. I wanted to get an accurate picture of re-entry — the good, the bad, and the … Continue reading →
- Help me write my book! 1 year ago I’m not much of a multitasker. When I decided to write a book on overcoming the challenges of repatriation, I told myself I’d continue to post regular updates on my blog. Ha! Who am I kidding? I can’t even walk … Continue reading →
- An expat teacher's story 1 year ago How was your summer? Mine was spent housetraining my new puppy Max, cleaning up puppy puddles, taking shoes out of Max’s mouth, keeping the two dogs from killing each other, and wondering what the hell I was thinking when I … Continue reading →
- Expats by the numbers 1 year ago Another great infographic from the folks at Feedbacq, this time on the world’s expat population — 230 million strong. Source: Feedbacq.com
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on I was an expat wife
00:29 AM December 04, 2012
So glad this blog made it into the Canada list! Maria has come full circle, repatriation is often part of the expat deal and it's particular challenges shouldn't be overlooked. With well-researched feeling-rich content I Was An Expat Wife is a reliable source of information for those living the expat life.
01:21 AM December 06, 2012
I first spotted Maria's writing on the internet before she started this blog. Do I get an award for being her most loyal fan? :) She blogs funny pieces about her own humorous experiences as well as serious, well researched articles on expat life. Entertaining AND informative!
17:08 PM December 07, 2012
I've been reading Maria's blog for a couple years now, and it's one of only a handful I'll drop everything for to read when I see she's posted. Great stories, well written, the full range of emotions - it's all there!