I was an expat wife
Latest Blog Posts »
- Expats by the numbers 2 weeks ago Another great infographic from the folks at Feedbacq, this time on the world’s expat population — 230 million strong. Source: Feedbacq.com
- Even spacemen struggle with re-entry 3 weeks ago I read an article a few days ago about astronaut Chris Hadfield, who became the first Canadian to command the International Space Station this past December. Although he’s been to space twice before, this latest mission was his longest ever: … Continue reading →
- The case of the woman who loved international crime fiction 1 month ago I’ve written before about my love of mystery fiction set in exotic places, an obsession that began in childhood. Some things never change, and these days my iPad is bursting with books written about people whose names I can’t pronounce, … Continue reading →
- What the missionary sector can teach us about handling re-entry 1 month ago Wouldn’t it be nice if the corporate world took care of its repatriates the way missionary folk do? My family was lucky when we moved abroad: Chef Boyardee’s employer sent us to Singapore for a look-see visit, provided cross-cultural training … Continue reading →
- Moving back home after living overseas 2 months ago As expatriate life draws to a close and the final phase in the expat cycle is about to begin, it’s normal to struggle with mixed feelings. Some expats dread the return to a “normal” life, while others are relieved their … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on I was an expat wife
00:29 AM December 04, 2012
So glad this blog made it into the Canada list! Maria has come full circle, repatriation is often part of the expat deal and it's particular challenges shouldn't be overlooked. With well-researched feeling-rich content I Was An Expat Wife is a reliable source of information for those living the expat life.
01:21 AM December 06, 2012
I first spotted Maria's writing on the internet before she started this blog. Do I get an award for being her most loyal fan? :) She blogs funny pieces about her own humorous experiences as well as serious, well researched articles on expat life. Entertaining AND informative!
17:08 PM December 07, 2012
I've been reading Maria's blog for a couple years now, and it's one of only a handful I'll drop everything for to read when I see she's posted. Great stories, well written, the full range of emotions - it's all there!