Never Mind The Finnsticks - Read The Blog!
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Levante winds of Spring - Spain 2017 4 days ago I lead a tour group from the the US Audubon Naturalist Society in April to southern Spain. We had a great time apart from the awful windy weather. The famous Levante wind just would not stop for almost the whole eight days. We did however have a great time, saw lots of birds and other wildlife as...
- Purple Herons - Germany 3 months ago Purple Herons in EuropePurple Heron at Wagbachniederung, Waghäusel, Baden-Württemberg, GermanySince moving back to southern Germany I've been keen to head up to my 'local' nature reserve and catch up with the Purple Heron colony there as well as many other bird species and other wildlife. Purple...
- Tenerife and La Gomera - Canary Islands, Spain 3 months ago From the 13th - 18th of March 2017 I guided a short tour for Limosa Holidays to the island of Tenerife. The tour also included a day trip to La Gomera. I decided to fly out To Tenerife a few days earlier than other members of the group to refresh my memories of some birding sites on the island...
- Bluethroats and other passerines in Springtime - Germany 3 months ago Male BluethroatMale BluethroatMale Bluethroat, still hiding.......and from the backBlue Tit in blossomChiffchaff in springChiffchaffChaffinch, maleEuropean Robin, springtime
- My local Patch - Germany 3 months ago The Red Kite is probably the commonest raptor species in GermanyBlack KiteBlack-necked GrebesGreylag GeeseGreylag GeeseGreylag GeeseLong-tailed Tits nest buildingTwo Long-tailed Tits completing their new nestCoal TitMarsh Harrier, malePeregrine Falcon, juvenileGoshawkGoshawk turning
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Never Mind The Finnsticks - Read The Blog!
10:26 AM December 03, 2012
Stephen's blog is the most interesting and informative blog to be found on this part of Spain for those who care about wildlife. He is privileged to have a huge diversity of wildlife on his doorstep where he and his family live near Cape Trafalgar on the Strait of Gibraltar with Morocco a short flight away for migratory birds. His photography is stunning, he's an expert on birds in flight in their natural habitat, in all conditions from the stormiest weather to the calm of sunrise or the midday heat of the summer. He and his wife Patty run Andalucian Guides, a Birding and Wildlife tour company and this blog is a fine record of wildlife encountered on the tours, from day tours in the local area to tours further afield, from Extremadura in central Spain, to Corsica, the Bavarian Alps and Austria. His fine photographs record the diversity of wildlife encountered on these tours from the smallest butterfly to the largest raptor. These tour records, his birding skills, local knowledge of the varied landscapes and his linguistic abilities are much appreciated by the tour groups he leads. Concern about conservation is a thread that runs through the blogs - Stephen is an active member of Los Amigos de la laguna de La Janda who hope to restore a large part of the land to its natural wetlands state.