Our Big Expat Adventure
Latest Blog Posts »
- Bucket List #5: Bukit Brown Cemetery 2 weeks ago When we first moved (which was over FIVE YEARS AGO!) Bukit Brown cemetery was very prominent in the news, as it had been announced that the peaceful Chinese cemetery was going to be bisected by a highway. Given the space … Continue reading →
- The Handover 4 months ago You don’t have to live in Singapore for very long before you hear about the nightmare that handing over a leased property can be. Although leases typically include a ‘fair wear and tear’ clause they also include a clause that … Continue reading →
- A Tale of Two Leases 5 months ago For those of you who were reading this blog almost 5 years ago, you may remember that the leasing process for our current abode was somewhat *ahem* protracted. From the time we said ‘yes, this is the house for us’ … Continue reading →
- Shall I Stay or Shall I Go? 7 months ago There’s a cycle to expat locations. Every six months there’s a flurry of people leaving which is followed shortly afterwards by a wave of new arrivals. This typically happens in line with the school year. A flurry of departures every … Continue reading →
- You Say 'Haze' I Say POLLUTION 10 months ago When I was at schools (very late-70s and all of the 1980s and 1990) we used to tune into to AM breakfast if it was raining to find out if outdoor school activities, like excursions/field trips and sporting events, were … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- The Top 10 Things To Do in Singapore When You Think You've Done It All! Expat Blog Awards 2013 The Top 10 Things to do in Singapore When You Think You’ve Done It AllA friend who has been here four months recently proclaimed that they had done and seen everything there was to see and do in Singapore already. It’s not an uncommon theme, and...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Our Big Expat Adventure
21:30 PM November 24, 2012
Loved this since the beginning, good stuff kj.
13:16 PM December 03, 2012
Love KJ's observations, contrasts and truth telling. More of it!
13:29 PM December 03, 2012
I always love the posts that KJ writes. I can always relate!!