Diary of An Expat in Singapore
Latest Blog Posts »
- Here Come The Brits! 1 week ago Never leave the house without your burkhini!"Her first book has turned into an overnight success." Anne-Marie Parnell of the British Association Magazine in Singapore.As my friend Kath would say: I am chuffed!
- There's No Such Thing As Bad Publicity 2 weeks ago "That's a wrap."There is, however, a one way ticket out of the country.Thanks Epoch Times for choosing a totally random excerpt from my book to publish in your weekend Lifestyle edition...and the fact that it's my most controversial bit doesn't have me worried at all. Who doesn't like to hear jokes...
- Defining Irony 2 weeks ago You wrote about capital punishment and caning? Then, you've got to ask yourself: "Feeling lucky?" The dictionary defines irony as: the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect. In order to better illustrate this...
- Perks of International Day 3 weeks ago Viva l'Italia 1) You get to see where your child thinks they are from. 2) You get to find out where their friends really are from. 3) A soccer jersey is a totally acceptable outfit (gondola get-up being difficult to assemble at that hour in the morning). 4) You get to watch chinese students,...
- Perks of Having a Baby 4 weeks ago Scenes of yesteryear: Eliot, hailing from a Peruvian flute band, and Alexander, fifth member of the Beatles In the words of Anne Lamott: "Having a baby is like getting the world's worst roommate, " but there are also
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Diary of An Expat in Singapore
01:24 AM December 05, 2012
This blog is very funny about life in Singapore-I really enjoy reading it!
01:27 AM December 05, 2012
This blogger has a very interesting and sometimes hilarious take on life as an expat in Singapore-a must-read for anyone contemplating moving to the Lion City!