Latest Blog Posts »
- "Am I Black or White?" 1 day ago August 19th–I was sitting at my laptop when Elanor came over, dressed in her gymnastics uniform. I glanced up, half hoping I could finish my tweet or my facebook comment–or whatever it was I was doing–before she was ready to leave. “Am I black or white?” I looked up at her. ...
- Wordless Wednesday-Hanging out at home 2 days ago Also–I have a new haircut.
- Wordless Wednesday-The last few playdates 1 week ago So before Emily and her family left Singapore, we got the kids together for a few last playdates. Do you guys remember this shot from July 2010? I wanted to semi recreate it, so I snuck up on them while they were coloring We miss you guys already.
- Show Review-Rock of Ages (RWS) 1 week ago **spoiler alert** I’ll discuss some of the plot of the show as compared to the movie, so spoilers for both. I’m a huge Broadway/Musical nerd, but I’m also a bit of a snob. Over the past decade, we’ve seen the rise of the “jukebox musical”–a musical built around the music of a...
- Elanor's identity 2 weeks ago Two years ago, Elanor often identified purely as Singaporean or Indian, so we began to explain that she is American. Not in a “here is our flag, learn the pledge, sing patriotic songs, learn the composition of congress” way, but reinforcing that while home is Singapore, HOME is the US. Over...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Expat Bostonians
07:15 AM November 02, 2012
I love Expat Bostonians. This blog is so helpful and extremely interesting. I am also an American expat in Singapore and I can really relate to much of what Crystal writes. Extremely well written. Since I discovered it a few months ago, like a good book I am having a hard time putting it down!
21:11 PM November 06, 2012
I love your blog. As a soon to be expat I have learnt so much from your experiences and I really feel that you've helped give me the courage to make my nervous steps towards an expat adventure.