Latest Blog Posts »
- Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow 1 month ago Sepsis is dramatic, and septic shock even moreso as the latter carries a very real chance of dying. Once you survive, the doctors talk about recovery being a matter of time. Time to regain your strength and stamina. Time to rebuild your muscles. Time for your immune system to strengthen. Time to...
- Changes 2 months ago I feel it necessary to put a warning here to avoid this post if medical/psychological matters are triggering for you. I’m alive. In the past I’ve used that kind of greeting to start a blog post after a long hiatus as a joke. Today I mean it in earnest. My last post was on March […]
- Why I Chose Singapore's Public Schools-Sassy Mama Singapore 6 months ago I’m featured on Sassy Mama Singapore today, discussing why I chose Singapore’s Public Schools My journey into Singaporean education began, as so many wonderful things do, with vicious morning sickness. Pregnant with my second daughter, I was spending most of each day prone on my bathroom...
- Translating Musicals, Trolls and More: an Interview with Anthony Drewe and George Stiles 6 months ago If you are a fan of children’s theater in Singapore, odds are pretty good that you’re already familiar with the work on Anthony Drewe and George Stiles. In the upcoming 2015 The Little Company season, you will have the chance to catch TWO Drewe/Stiles musicals:...
- River Hong Bao 2015 Opening Night 6 months ago In a fit of insanity I took Elanor and Rhi to River Hong Bao 2015 on opening night (Tuesday Feb 17). The entrance if you’re coming from the carnival rides The massive tableau that celebrates SG50. Elanor and Rhi are the tiny figures in the middle to give you a sense of scale. The stadium […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Expat Bostonians
07:15 AM November 02, 2012
I love Expat Bostonians. This blog is so helpful and extremely interesting. I am also an American expat in Singapore and I can really relate to much of what Crystal writes. Extremely well written. Since I discovered it a few months ago, like a good book I am having a hard time putting it down!
21:11 PM November 06, 2012
I love your blog. As a soon to be expat I have learnt so much from your experiences and I really feel that you've helped give me the courage to make my nervous steps towards an expat adventure.