Latest Blog Posts »
- School Shootings 4 days ago I worried about a lot of things when it came to moving our family back to the US. Would US schools actually be a better fit for Rhi? Would Elanor adjust okay? Would they make friends? Would their teachers be … Continue reading →
- Showers 6 days ago After all my years of complaining about how much I missed hot showers in the US, after all the boiling showers I took on vacation….. I find myself showering in the more tepid temperatures familiar to anyone in Singapore. Oh, … Continue reading →
- Giving Up PR status 2 weeks ago While we were in Singapore last December, we made the decision to renounce our PR status. Moving back to Singapore just isn’t going to happen, and while it felt like a security blanket to know we could, especially given the … Continue reading →
- California is starting to feel like home 2 weeks ago I didn’t expect to ever say the words California is starting to feel like home. But it does. I like our little house. I have traded the occasional ant infestation and the even rarer roach sighting for the occasional spider … Continue reading →
- Review-Travails of a Trailing Spouse by Stephanie Suga Chen 3 months ago ***I received a free ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review*** Travails of a Trailing Spouse by Stephanie Suga Chen, a US expatriate based in Singapore, is a work of fiction that opens with Sarah, a successful … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Expat Bostonians
07:15 AM November 02, 2012
I love Expat Bostonians. This blog is so helpful and extremely interesting. I am also an American expat in Singapore and I can really relate to much of what Crystal writes. Extremely well written. Since I discovered it a few months ago, like a good book I am having a hard time putting it down!
21:11 PM November 06, 2012
I love your blog. As a soon to be expat I have learnt so much from your experiences and I really feel that you've helped give me the courage to make my nervous steps towards an expat adventure.