Latest Blog Posts »
- Changing your address in Singapore 1 month ago One of the first things I did when we lined up our move was to change our address with Singpost. I’ve had to go down and follow up with Singpost twice. The mail isn’t getting forwarded. Which sucks on … Continue reading →
- Superstitions-the number 13 1 month ago Something struck me when I was riding the elevator in my new building—there is a 13th floor. In the US, there is a superstition about the number 13. I actually had to google “why,” as I just knew it as … Continue reading →
- Moving (within Singapore) 1 month ago We just moved from our apartment of six years, a small single story condo of 80 units, to a whole new world. Our current condo has over 1,000 units, multiple pools, playgrounds, gardens and more. I genuinely feel as though … Continue reading →
- "How do you and your kids enjoy life in Singapore?" 2 months ago I’ve recently been emailing with a potential expat. I had a number of Singaporean expats respond to my emails, answer questions, and generally be a great resource for our move. Some of them are now irl friends (or were and … Continue reading →
- US vs Singapore Public Schools—Grading 3 months ago One of the things I struggle with as a foreign parent is understanding the grading system in Singapore. On one hand, I find the grading system incredibly forgiving. Everything over a 85 is an A? 70-85 is a B? 50-70 … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Expat Bostonians
07:15 AM November 02, 2012
I love Expat Bostonians. This blog is so helpful and extremely interesting. I am also an American expat in Singapore and I can really relate to much of what Crystal writes. Extremely well written. Since I discovered it a few months ago, like a good book I am having a hard time putting it down!
21:11 PM November 06, 2012
I love your blog. As a soon to be expat I have learnt so much from your experiences and I really feel that you've helped give me the courage to make my nervous steps towards an expat adventure.