Latest Blog Posts »
- Cambodia: Artisans of Angkor Silk Farm 21 hours ago On my second full day in Siem Reap, I visited the Angkor Silk Farm. It was threatening rain all day, and after getting heatstroke the day before from spending too much time in a tuk tuk, I decided to book a car. The drive out to the farm took around a half hour. Traveling in […]
- Legoland Malaysia 1 day ago This week Emily and I took the five year olds to Legoland. source It’s ironic, really, that the border to Malaysia is closer to my current apartment than my favorite mall is to my in-laws house but until Monday I had never crossed it. I read up on the process of driving to Malaysia and […]
- A tale of two readers 4 days ago Last week marked Ravi’s and my eighth wedding anniversary (and our 5th we’ve celebrated in Singapore). Ours is a love story of Star Trek and Babylon 5, of travel, and of Boston. But it is also a love story of two bookworms. Ravi and I with books as kids. I’m getting some for my […]
- Cambodia: Sunset at Pre Rup Temple 1 week ago The most popular place to observe sunset is the top of Phnom Bakheng looking back at Angkor Wat. But honestly, by the time sunset rolled around on my first day I was just over the big crowds and I asked my guide if there was somewhere else he would recommend. Also Phnom Bakheng requires that...
- You've gotten your PR letter-now what? 1 week ago Some quick background. We applied for permanent residency in Singapore in December, and received our notice that we had been granted PR last week. Now what happens? If you get approved for PR, you get an in-principle approval letter that is valid for two months. But first there are a few more...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Expat Bostonians
07:15 AM November 02, 2012
I love Expat Bostonians. This blog is so helpful and extremely interesting. I am also an American expat in Singapore and I can really relate to much of what Crystal writes. Extremely well written. Since I discovered it a few months ago, like a good book I am having a hard time putting it down!
21:11 PM November 06, 2012
I love your blog. As a soon to be expat I have learnt so much from your experiences and I really feel that you've helped give me the courage to make my nervous steps towards an expat adventure.