Latest Blog Posts »
- Diwali 2014 6 hours ago This year we really made an effort to celebrate Diwali.We began the day with Jalebi’s to get our year off to a sweet start. This is a family tradition Ravi grew up with that we continue. Don’t tell anyone that I used a box mix. (I actually bought jalebi yesterday but woke up to find […]
- Wordless Wednesday: Diwali outfits 1 day ago Sal Mubarak! Happy Diwali from our family to yours.
- Gender and Work Assumptions (MOE form edition) 2 days ago To go along with yesterday’s post about the problem of racially based assumptions, today we’re going to talk about gendered assumptions. I took these photos of the P1 registration form I filled out last week. Along with a zillion other details, the MOE would like to know the occupation of the...
- Her mother tongue isn't Tamil 3 days ago ***A quick note of explanation before I get into the post. English is the language of instruction in Singapore. However, all students must take a second language–called a Mother Tongue (henceforce I’ll refer to it as MT) language.*** I recently went to Ellie’s new primary school to fill...
- Happy Birthday Rhiannon 6 days ago This past Monday was Rhiannon’s third birthday. If you’re a long time reader, you probably remember when she was born. It’s hard to believe she’s already three! I have an annual tradition for birthdays–I make each of the girls a personalized birthday video. Here is Rhi’s third...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Expat Bostonians
07:15 AM November 02, 2012
I love Expat Bostonians. This blog is so helpful and extremely interesting. I am also an American expat in Singapore and I can really relate to much of what Crystal writes. Extremely well written. Since I discovered it a few months ago, like a good book I am having a hard time putting it down!
21:11 PM November 06, 2012
I love your blog. As a soon to be expat I have learnt so much from your experiences and I really feel that you've helped give me the courage to make my nervous steps towards an expat adventure.