Latest Blog Posts »
- Wordless Wednesday: Lantern Walk 2014 1 week ago E had an Elsa lantern, so she wore her Elsa gown. Rhi had a Rapunzel lantern, so she wore the Rapunzel gown. Lanterns above the road The girls in front of the giant Lantern Bellydancers Singer with fan dancers Releasing lanterns into the sky Fireworks! Happy Mid-Autumn Festival, Everyone! Full...
- Sexual Assault Care Centre 2 weeks ago Rape and sexual assault are terrifyingly common. There isn’t a woman alive who has not had the fear of rape and assault instilled in her. When it happens to you, it is hard to know where to turn for support. In Singapore there is only one organization dedicated to supporting victims of rape...
- "Am I Black or White?" 3 weeks ago August 19th–I was sitting at my laptop when Elanor came over, dressed in her gymnastics uniform. I glanced up, half hoping I could finish my tweet or my facebook comment–or whatever it was I was doing–before she was ready to leave. “Am I black or white?” I looked up at her. ...
- Wordless Wednesday-Hanging out at home 3 weeks ago Also–I have a new haircut.
- Wordless Wednesday-The last few playdates 1 month ago So before Emily and her family left Singapore, we got the kids together for a few last playdates. Do you guys remember this shot from July 2010? I wanted to semi recreate it, so I snuck up on them while they were coloring We miss you guys already.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Expat Bostonians
07:15 AM November 02, 2012
I love Expat Bostonians. This blog is so helpful and extremely interesting. I am also an American expat in Singapore and I can really relate to much of what Crystal writes. Extremely well written. Since I discovered it a few months ago, like a good book I am having a hard time putting it down!
21:11 PM November 06, 2012
I love your blog. As a soon to be expat I have learnt so much from your experiences and I really feel that you've helped give me the courage to make my nervous steps towards an expat adventure.