Latest Blog Posts »
- Sponsored Post-Singapore Jazz Festival is this weekend! 1 week ago I am receiving compensation for this post, and one that follows the Jazz Festival (which will also be marked as a sponsored post) from FIJI Water in exchange for two tickets to one evening of the festival. This Friday night myself and another mom friend of mine will be ditching the kids and going...
- 4 years in, I still don't speak metric 2 weeks ago Today I’m home with a sick child. Little Rhi started running a fever last night–nothing serious, clearly just another one of those lovely viruses that are part of having kids in school. Sick Rhi The thing is when I need to figure out how high a temperature is, I need to know the Fahrenheit...
- Thoughts on driving in Singapore, 3 years in. 3 weeks ago People have been asking me what driving in Singapore is like since I started leasing a car three years ago. Driving in Singapore is a lot like driving in Boston or New York City, in my opinion. It’s aggressive, and requires both offensive and defensive driving skills. While Singapore...
- How do they say "hello" in your language? 3 weeks ago One of the more awkward questions I’m asked in the US is some variation on “What language do they speak in Singapore?” It’s actually a perfectly understandable question, and something I might ask if I didn’t know much about a country. Most recently, I was Christmas shopping at FAO...
- Hay Dairy Farm 3 weeks ago In my quest to continue to explore Singapore, I decided to go visit Hay Dairy Farm–a goat farm here in Singapore. In 1920, Mr Hay Yak Tang came to Singapore at the age of 16 as a teacher of the Teochew language. Finding little interest in his profession, Mr Hay became a clerk for a […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Expat Bostonians
07:15 AM November 02, 2012
I love Expat Bostonians. This blog is so helpful and extremely interesting. I am also an American expat in Singapore and I can really relate to much of what Crystal writes. Extremely well written. Since I discovered it a few months ago, like a good book I am having a hard time putting it down!
21:11 PM November 06, 2012
I love your blog. As a soon to be expat I have learnt so much from your experiences and I really feel that you've helped give me the courage to make my nervous steps towards an expat adventure.