Latest Blog Posts »
- Wordless Wednesday Easter 1 day ago I grew up Catholic, so I have fond memories of celebrating Easter as a kid. However, we weren’t terribly religious, and so for me, the holiday meant Easter Baskets and egg dyeing and a pretty dress. As an adult in the US (sadly not the case here) the real day for celebration was the Monday...
- Four 4 days ago Four things in my house that are very American American breakfast cereal Giant framed poster of Boston, including Fenway Park (where the Red Sox play baseball) Bureau or giant US King Bed (because our armoire is overfull) My 2 year old has her own bedroom (as does the 5 year old) Four things in my...
- Wordless Wednesday:Tiong Bahru Park 1 week ago I am kind of embarrassed to admit that it has taken me four years to get to Tiong Bahru Park. It’s just up the street from my house…but in the opposite direction that we usually travel in. But I’ll be honest–as the mom of young children, I don’t know that I feel like I was […]
- Waiting for PR... 1 week ago It was difficult to hear that it would take at least four months to get an answer on our PR application. I talk a good game, but it was a rough 4 months waiting for April to finally roll around. Since April began, though, I approach my mailbox every single day with hope rising in […]
- Planning travel to Cambodia-healthcare 1 week ago For a number of years, I’ve wanted to do some solo travel in the region, but life has interfered. This Mother’s Day, though, I’ll be on my own in Siem Reap, Cambodia happily doing hours of photography at Angkor Wat and the surrounding temples. source Since Ravi will be solo parenting, the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Expat Bostonians
07:15 AM November 02, 2012
I love Expat Bostonians. This blog is so helpful and extremely interesting. I am also an American expat in Singapore and I can really relate to much of what Crystal writes. Extremely well written. Since I discovered it a few months ago, like a good book I am having a hard time putting it down!
21:11 PM November 06, 2012
I love your blog. As a soon to be expat I have learnt so much from your experiences and I really feel that you've helped give me the courage to make my nervous steps towards an expat adventure.