Latest Blog Posts »
- Registration Night Jitters 16 hours ago Singapore, what the fuck have you done to us? An update on the immunization drama on Tuesday—we have an email from the NIR saying that they have our data and that they are processing it, but it won’t be available before Friday. Which I am printing out to take with to use instead of an […]
- P1 registration schadenfreude 2 days ago Screw informational posts. This week you get to bear witness to me losing my freaking mind. You may want to hit play before reading the rest of the entry Thus far in the P1 process I have been brought to the point of tears over…. Not having received our PR answer within the time frame […]
- Phases of Registration for SG Public Schools (as applies to PR/Expat families) 5 days ago I’m not going to lie. Registering your child for Primary 1 is a tricky needle to thread if you are Singaporean. For non-Singaporeans, the process is confusing and overwhelming in the extreme. There have been moments where the relatively straightforward process of registering a child at an...
- Cambodia: Artisans of Angkor Silk Farm 1 week ago On my second full day in Siem Reap, I visited the Angkor Silk Farm. It was threatening rain all day, and after getting heatstroke the day before from spending too much time in a tuk tuk, I decided to book a car. The drive out to the farm took around a half hour. Traveling in […]
- Legoland Malaysia 1 week ago This week Emily and I took the five year olds to Legoland. source It’s ironic, really, that the border to Malaysia is closer to my current apartment than my favorite mall is to my in-laws house but until Monday I had never crossed it. I read up on the process of driving to Malaysia and […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Expat Bostonians
07:15 AM November 02, 2012
I love Expat Bostonians. This blog is so helpful and extremely interesting. I am also an American expat in Singapore and I can really relate to much of what Crystal writes. Extremely well written. Since I discovered it a few months ago, like a good book I am having a hard time putting it down!
21:11 PM November 06, 2012
I love your blog. As a soon to be expat I have learnt so much from your experiences and I really feel that you've helped give me the courage to make my nervous steps towards an expat adventure.