To Mongolia with Love
Latest Blog Posts »
- things I might say 2 months ago Last week I was on a tram in Prague and there was this obnoxious American dude, talking loudly about how he hated the city and would never come back. He managed to use the F-word at least once in every sentence. I hate to give someone like that any kind of power, but the truth […]
- Naadam 1 month ago This week is Naadam, Mongolia’s big summer holiday. The winter holiday, Tsagaan Sar, has all the tradition; Naadam simply has fun. I experienced two Naadams while I was in Mongolia. The first was in my training site, Orkhon, during PST. The second was at my permanent site, Govi-Altai. For the...
- goodbye Orkhon 3 months ago I’d given my host mom about 2 weeks notice that I was coming. Due to Peace Corps policy about the earliest we are allowed to leave site for COS, I could leave Altai on Thursday morning, and my flight out of Mongolia was the following Wednesday morning. We had a lengthy checklist of things to do...
- goodbye Altai 3 months ago As you can imagine, my last week in Altai was pretty busy. I had a goodbye dinner with 2 ladies from the medical college. I never wrote about Jargal. That woman is hysterical! She has us write down everything, “Please, write.” Always wanting to sound more natural, she studies English...
- COS 3 months ago I’m within two weeks of leaving site, three weeks of leaving Peace Corps and Mongolia. At times, my chest is tight. My chin quivers, unexpectedly, and my throat doesn’t swallow easily. Though we arrived en masse to Mongolia, Close of Service marks the last time my cohort, the M23s, will have...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Mongolia Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Mongolia!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on To Mongolia with Love
01:26 AM December 08, 2012
Just visited your blog and found the latest post very interesting about the cost of living in Mongolia. Very informative; it's a good read!
00:24 AM December 16, 2013
I really enjoyed the post about your bus ride -- nice descriptions and the soundtrack makes it even more vivid. Hope you don't have to make this journey too often, though!