To Mongolia with Love
Latest Blog Posts »
- Stateside 2 years ago My Mongolian sister is in America! Back in October I got a message (in Mongolian): What’s the distance between Boston and Chicago? I had known that my host mom had a younger sister in Chicago. Or, at least, I thought I knew that… funny thing about cross-cultural interactions, you think...
- Readjustment 3 years ago Hey, remember when I was in Mongolia for two years? Yeah, me neither. When I first arrived home, on August 5, Mongolia was at the forefront of my mind. Everything I was experiencing was through the filter of having spent the previous 2 years in Mongolia. Literally everything had a “this one time,...
- Goodbye Peace Corps 3 years ago A week from today I begin my new job… er, my old job… I’ve been invited back to my old department! While my Europe travel buddies were sending resumes and having Skype interviews, and I was staunchly in vacation mode, this gift of full-time employment (with so many lovely people)–that was...
- transcript 3 years ago I’ve been in America for 2 weeks. How is it? Exactly the same. The family I’ve seen seems pretty much the same. Prices in the grocery story are pretty much the same; gas is less than I remember. I haven’t spent too much time in my city, but what I saw was basically the same. […]
- things I might say 3 years ago Last week I was on a tram in Prague and there was this obnoxious American dude, talking loudly about how he hated the city and would never come back. He managed to use the F-word at least once in every sentence. I hate to give someone like that any kind of power, but the truth […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Mongolia Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Mongolia!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on To Mongolia with Love
01:26 AM December 08, 2012
Just visited your blog and found the latest post very interesting about the cost of living in Mongolia. Very informative; it's a good read!
00:24 AM December 16, 2013
I really enjoyed the post about your bus ride -- nice descriptions and the soundtrack makes it even more vivid. Hope you don't have to make this journey too often, though!