To Mongolia with Love
Latest Blog Posts »
- Goodbye Peace Corps 4 months ago A week from today I begin my new job… er, my old job… I’ve been invited back to my old department! While my Europe travel buddies were sending resumes and having Skype interviews, and I was staunchly in vacation mode, this gift of full-time employment (with so many lovely people)–that was...
- transcript 5 months ago I’ve been in America for 2 weeks. How is it? Exactly the same. The family I’ve seen seems pretty much the same. Prices in the grocery story are pretty much the same; gas is less than I remember. I haven’t spent too much time in my city, but what I saw was basically the same. […]
- things I might say 6 months ago Last week I was on a tram in Prague and there was this obnoxious American dude, talking loudly about how he hated the city and would never come back. He managed to use the F-word at least once in every sentence. I hate to give someone like that any kind of power, but the truth […]
- Naadam 5 months ago This week is Naadam, Mongolia’s big summer holiday. The winter holiday, Tsagaan Sar, has all the tradition; Naadam simply has fun. I experienced two Naadams while I was in Mongolia. The first was in my training site, Orkhon, during PST. The second was at my permanent site, Govi-Altai. For the...
- goodbye Orkhon 7 months ago I’d given my host mom about 2 weeks notice that I was coming. Due to Peace Corps policy about the earliest we are allowed to leave site for COS, I could leave Altai on Thursday morning, and my flight out of Mongolia was the following Wednesday morning. We had a lengthy checklist of things to do...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Mongolia Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Mongolia!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on To Mongolia with Love
01:26 AM December 08, 2012
Just visited your blog and found the latest post very interesting about the cost of living in Mongolia. Very informative; it's a good read!
00:24 AM December 16, 2013
I really enjoyed the post about your bus ride -- nice descriptions and the soundtrack makes it even more vivid. Hope you don't have to make this journey too often, though!