Latest Blog Posts »
- On Anniversaries and Milestones 6 months ago October has been a month of anniversaries and milestones, and I’m not sure why they feel connected to me. Which means that the universe is telling me to write about them. So, here we go. Let’s see where we end up! First, yesterday was my parents’ wedding anniversary. They’ve been married...
- On Embracing Your Preconceived Notions 8 months ago Did you know that I went to Berlin two years ago? I did. I spent a little over two weeks there, on the cusp of winter. It was unbearably cold, and dark; it looked like 9:30am all day until night fell in mid-afternoon. I arrived in darkness after an 11-hour train ride, during which I […]
- On Homesickness 8 months ago Ed. note: I’m reposting this after a wave of recent homesickness, but it was originally posted on June 28, 2011. There are these weeds in Rome – I’m sure they’re in other places too, but I’ve only ever seen them in Rome – that have long stems that look furry, but they’re prickly. If...
- My French Supermarket 10 months ago Here is a map I drew of my Carrefour supermarket. The one that has random American products and where the stunning checkout girl came out to me. Because our apartment has only a dorm-sized fridge with no shelves inside, I am forced to go here at least every other day. It is full of nooks […]
- Um... Why Isn't Everyone Taking A French Barge Vacation? 10 months ago Note: I’m reposting this because my friends could use more visitors to their Canal du Midi vacation barge, so if anyone you know is looking for a truly unique French vacation experience, GET ON IT! Mel and I bade our sad goodbyes to Hotel d’Europe in Avignon, and armed with pastries and coffee...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Miss Expatria has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!