Latest Blog Posts »
- Ode to a Traveler 4 months ago My friend John, pictured above, would have been 44 today. Join me after the jump to learn about the influence he had on my life, in a re-posting of something I wrote a month after his death in 2008. In the last four days, I have received news of the deaths of five people I [...]
- On Meaningful Road Trips 6 months ago In January 2004, Fabulous Cousin and I rented a car in Rome and drove to the east coast through the Apennines. They were breathtaking, with snowy caps and tiny mountainside villages and long tunnels and vertigo cliffs. We arrived in Pescara and drove north along the coast for a while. At one point...
- On An Endless Summer 10 months ago The summer before my freshman year in college, I had a job in a shop on the boardwalk selling sun cream and novelty t-shirts and goofy hats. In my free time I’d ride my bike in the opposite direction, to the southern-most end of the island, to visit my friend Lisa, who worked at a [...]
- In Which I Appear On Italian Morning Television 11 months ago Yes, there is a story behind this video. Get ready. Last year, my good friend Alberico was arguably the most popular contestant on the first season of MasterChef Italia. He didn’t win, but as usual with non-winning contestants of these types of shows, he certainly did not fade away. First, he...
- Photos Of The Alps, The French Riviera, And Nice From An easyJet Flight 11 months ago OK, I know I just said that I prefer trains when traveling between France and Italy. But I did take a low-cost flight from Rome to Nice on easyJet in December, and as blessed with a stunning view of the Alps, the French Riviera, and Nice during our descent. So make sure your seats are [...]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Miss Expatria has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!