Latest Blog Posts »
- a true story 2 weeks ago My teacher and I were talking a few days ago, and I told her I found a new lake that is quite nice, on the northeast side of town, where a lot of people were swimming. She insisted there is no lake there, and I insisted there is. Finally, I gave her very precise directions […]
- the big gate 2 weeks ago Baisha is a charming Naxi village about 3 miles north of Lijiang. It was built over approximately a 200 year period stretching from the Ming Dayasty (1385 AD) to the Qing Dynasty (1619). It is home to the famous Baisha murals, which I haven’t gotten around to seeing yet. But it’s on the list of...
- Chrysanthemums 3 weeks ago Following up on yesterday’s post, here is a peek at some of the flowers close up. So many different varieties, colors, sizes.
- juhua 3 weeks ago All summer, my teacher kept telling me that I would really like October because there would be a lot of júhuā. Every time she said that, I would make a mental note to look up júhuā and see what type of flowers I could expect. But I had some vague impression that it was something […]
- twilight 3 weeks ago October flew by! I can’t believe it’s already gone. It was a lovely month, with the most incredible twilight skies. I’ve never seen colors quite like it, but it was impossible to truly capture the glory with the camera. I really loved October in Lijiang. We’ve heard from friends in Chengdu,...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » 2sojourners has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!