Latest Blog Posts »
- A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle. 2 weeks ago Sorting through boxes of old stuff, I found (amongst many other gems) some of my speeches from our Sixth Form debates at school. Not having had much to write about of late, I thought I’d type them up and put them on my blog to let old school friends see them, and to have them […]
- Childhood memories: best served with a side of hanging and disembowelment 1 month ago I grew up in an area called Harryville, which is in the south of my home town, Ballymena. Not exactly the top of the list of places to see if you’re a tourist in Northern Ireland – but we do have one of the best surviving examples of a Norman motte-and-bailey fortification in this country. […]
- Keep bailing! 1 month ago I’m home. Whether or not I’m home to stay very much depends on whether or not there are any decent jobs going here for someone who is basically qualified to work as a teacher in any other country in the world but this one, but we’ll see what life turns up. I haven’t been blogging. […]
- What now?! 3 months ago I came to Istanbul in a desperate attempt to escape Prague, telling myself that even if I hated it, I had nothing to lose. As it turned out, I didn’t hate it. I loved it! It’s probably one of the coolest, most interesting and beautiful cities I’ve ever been in. However, to quote the cheerful...
- SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP 3 months ago I have never in my life encountered a group of fully-grown human beings as noisy as my current colleagues. Maybe a group of merry revellers being kicked out of the pub at closing time…. maybe. These people are a mystery to me. I can’t say it’s a cultural thing, because we’re a very...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Coffee Helps has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!