Latest Blog Posts »
- I must not laugh at my students. I must not laugh at my students. 5 months ago It’s very important, as a tutor, to remain straight-faced and encouraging no matter how hilarious your student’s efforts may be. Recently having become a student myself, I am particularly aware of this. As I fail over and over again to play the most basic riffs and chords on my guitar, I am...
- Whatever happened to "Never again"? 6 months ago 1938. Britain. Immigrants are flooding into the country in their thousands. The media, and therefore the public, are outraged, and ugly pictures are painted of the refugees, depicting them not as desperate, frightened families fleeing from certain death, but as corrupt, money-hungry, soulless...
- Alfie 11 months ago I recently embarked on a new relationship. It was never meant to be a long term thing, I must confess; more of a stop-gap, if I’m brutally honest. He wasn’t really what I had in mind, but he came along at the right time, and somehow… he stayed. His name is Alfie, and we are […]
- Pork Scratchings 1 year ago Granny and Granda are watching a genuinely bad sitcom on TV. I am not watching it, mainly because it is genuinely bad, but also because I am doing a jigsaw puzzle. This is the latest event in my gradual spiral into Crazy Old Cat Lady territory: spending a Friday night on the sofa with my […]
- Sample office conversation 1 year ago I got into the bath with my socks on last night. I wasn’t trying a novel money-saving method of doing laundry – it was more a case of trying to have a thought process at the same time as functioning as a normal human being. This is apparently something of which I am almost completely […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Coffee Helps has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!