Travels and Tomes: One Expat's Amblings and Ramblings
Latest Blog Posts »
- Washington, DC . . . 1974 3 days ago Kodachrome memory of a first trip to Washington, DC. August, 1974. (That’s me on the left, and that’s the adoring entourage who used to follow me everywhere.) We’re standing on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, which looks out to the reflecting pool and the Washington Monument in the...
- Brooklyn Bridge, New York 3 months ago View from the bridge walk
- Nibbling at the Edges of Eclipse Day: The Moon Bites Back 5 months ago Everyone is talking about today’s solar eclipse. It’ll draw its dark line diagonally across the US today, but the inky darkness will bleed out across most of the country– even those of us who aren’t in the line of total eclipse. It’s been the big story for days now, leading a news...
- Single Gull in the City 5 months ago Navy Pier, Chicago, June 2017
- Platform 9 3/4 . . . or, Ways My Family Travels Diagon-Alley 7 months ago We try to be normal. We really do. But every straight line we draw canters just a little to the side–and so, in travel (as in everything else), our lives run a little diagonally. This truth was on full display a few years ago in Mirabell Gardens, Salzburg: The thing for Americans to do here,...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Travels and Tomes: One Expat's Amblings and Ramblings has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!