Rachel's Rantings in Rio
Latest Blog Posts »
- To Write Or Not... 4 days ago I took a haitus. I couldn’t help it. I write. I’m a wannabe writer. I can’t help but call myself that. I’m saying this as a blogger, which is like the white trash version of writers. No offense to white trash … Continue reading →
- The American Epidemic 3 months ago Americans suffer from an epidemic. Obviously as a parent of two little Americans, I want to protect my children. I have realized that as wide-spread as this sickness is, I can work to prevent my children from suffering the … Continue reading →
- Portuguese is Such a Bitch 3 months ago I understand why Brazilians laugh at me when I speak Portuguese. I know I sound ridiculous half the time. Hell if I’m going to be honest with myself, I sound ridiculous about 75% of the times. Sometimes it is due … Continue reading →
- This Is Discrimination 3 months ago I witnessed something exceptional and extremely depressing at the same time on Friday afternoon. In truth, my friend and I technically caused it. We had met up in at a simple restaurant to discuss an upcoming project. It was a … Continue reading →
- When it Rains, I Fall 4 months ago When it rains in Rio de Janeiro, the streets have a tendency to flood. Actually, that is a bit of an understatement. When it rains in Rio de Janeiro corners of intersections fill with rain water, quickly flooding the already … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Brazil Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Brazil!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Rachel's Rantings in Rio
20:52 PM October 17, 2012
Rachel's blog already won the Internations "Best Expat Blog Brazil" award, so there shouldn't be any doubt about the quality of her rantings. Once you start reading, you quickly get drawn in and find yourself clicking from one post to another, having a hard time to get out. What I find so special about Rachel's blog is that she says what she has to say, in the most direct way possible, without the frills... take it or leave it... And no subject is left undiscussed. Anything that may occur in daily life is there, the good and the bad. Life in Rio de Janeiro is far from perfect, and reading "Rachel's Rantings" is very educational indeed, if you don't mind the occasional slip of the tongue :) Way to go Rachel.
08:50 AM November 05, 2012
If you're blogging in Brazil then you'll almost certainly be aware of Rachel and her rants! Fun, varied and often raising some really interesting talking points, this is one of the blogs that I keep going back to.
14:59 PM December 17, 2012
love the humor
17:25 PM December 17, 2012
Fun and perceptive...always strikes just the right tone. Rachel doesn't just describe life in Rio, she takes us into her own life. Not to be missed.