Rachel's Rantings in Rio
Latest Blog Posts »
- When it Rains, I Fall 19 hours ago When it rains in Rio de Janeiro, the streets have a tendency to flood. Actually, that is a bit of an understatement. When it rains in Rio de Janeiro corners of intersections fill with rain water, quickly flooding the already … Continue reading →
- Language Wars 4 days ago Yesterday I busted out my old Portuguese workbooks. I have recently decided to start studying again. Of course I have only managed to go as far as dusting off the covers and reviewing my old work before stopping to reflect. … Continue reading →
- My Little Chauvinist is Growing Up 1 week ago On the way to school yesterday, Chatterbox and I were discussing boring adult responsibilities. We basically covered household chores and other mundane day to day activities that are usually taken care of by a grownup. At one point Chatterbox looked … Continue reading →
- Why This Brazilian Mother Is Trafficking Illegal Drugs 1 week ago It doesn’t matter what you call it. Weed, Marijuana, Cannabis or whatever else it goes by in your neck of the woods. The fact is that Marijuana is on everyone’s mind these days. It shouldn’t be legalized, it should be … Continue reading →
- April Fools and A Brazilian Dictatorship 2 weeks ago Once upon a time, Brazil had a military dictatorship. It actually started 50 years ago! Of course my Grandmother is under the impression that Brazil was a communist country, sometimes she still insists they are, but that is a different … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Brazil Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Brazil!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Rachel's Rantings in Rio
20:52 PM October 17, 2012
Rachel's blog already won the Internations "Best Expat Blog Brazil" award, so there shouldn't be any doubt about the quality of her rantings. Once you start reading, you quickly get drawn in and find yourself clicking from one post to another, having a hard time to get out. What I find so special about Rachel's blog is that she says what she has to say, in the most direct way possible, without the frills... take it or leave it... And no subject is left undiscussed. Anything that may occur in daily life is there, the good and the bad. Life in Rio de Janeiro is far from perfect, and reading "Rachel's Rantings" is very educational indeed, if you don't mind the occasional slip of the tongue :) Way to go Rachel.
08:50 AM November 05, 2012
If you're blogging in Brazil then you'll almost certainly be aware of Rachel and her rants! Fun, varied and often raising some really interesting talking points, this is one of the blogs that I keep going back to.
14:59 PM December 17, 2012
love the humor
17:25 PM December 17, 2012
Fun and perceptive...always strikes just the right tone. Rachel doesn't just describe life in Rio, she takes us into her own life. Not to be missed.