Rachel's Rantings in Rio
Latest Blog Posts »
- The REAL Problem with Brazil 1 week ago I get why Brazilians are annoyed with their government. I get, at least a small portion, of what is happening here and that it is very serious. People in high places are stealing money that should go to the very VERY … Continue reading →
- How to Survive Rio de Janeiro's Carnaval 1 week ago I made Carnaval my BITCH last year… ok it may be more other way around. Regardless, fun was had by all. So to help out all the newbies, or those who have also earned Carnaval bitch status, I am going … Continue reading →
- Parenting vs Expat Parenting 1 week ago All parents have their parenting challenges. It just comes with the territory. Parents raising their children abroad are no different, except our reality is slightly skewed due to our expat/immigrant lifestyle. Here are some of the issues we face raising … Continue reading →
- Shoulder Driving Assholes! 2 weeks ago Brazilian roads are “special” places, meaning short bus special as opposed to something exceptional. Driving in Rio de Janeiro is almost like a video game, one that trades off between the classic paperboy video game full of dodging obstacles and … Continue reading →
- Don't Fuck With Their Beer 3 weeks ago Cariocas are standing up to many things these days, and this semi-recent movement is one that is close to my heart. Cariocas are standing up to rising beer prices. You can get away with a lot in Rio de Janeiro. … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Brazil Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Brazil!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Rachel's Rantings in Rio
20:52 PM October 17, 2012
Rachel's blog already won the Internations "Best Expat Blog Brazil" award, so there shouldn't be any doubt about the quality of her rantings. Once you start reading, you quickly get drawn in and find yourself clicking from one post to another, having a hard time to get out. What I find so special about Rachel's blog is that she says what she has to say, in the most direct way possible, without the frills... take it or leave it... And no subject is left undiscussed. Anything that may occur in daily life is there, the good and the bad. Life in Rio de Janeiro is far from perfect, and reading "Rachel's Rantings" is very educational indeed, if you don't mind the occasional slip of the tongue :) Way to go Rachel.
08:50 AM November 05, 2012
If you're blogging in Brazil then you'll almost certainly be aware of Rachel and her rants! Fun, varied and often raising some really interesting talking points, this is one of the blogs that I keep going back to.
14:59 PM December 17, 2012
love the humor
17:25 PM December 17, 2012
Fun and perceptive...always strikes just the right tone. Rachel doesn't just describe life in Rio, she takes us into her own life. Not to be missed.