Rachel's Rantings in Rio
Latest Blog Posts »
- Brazilian Women and the 5 Traits that Define Them 11 months ago The obsession with Brazilian women is far from a new thing. If you don’t want to do one, you want to be one. They are the new black. Am... Read more > The post Brazilian Women and the 5 Traits that Define Them appeared first on Rachels Rantings.
- Orlando Hotel Steals From Brazilian Family 1 year ago I am as guilty as every other foreigner when it comes to feeling that the US works well. No offense to Brazil but living in Rio de Janeiro only... Read more > The post Orlando Hotel Steals From Brazilian Family appeared first on Rachels Rantings.
- Brazilian Judge Denies Justice 1 year ago Driving is taken seriously in Brazil, if you are caught at a checkpoint anyway. In 2011 Judge João Carlos de Souza Correa experienced this when he was stopped at a checkpoint... Read more > The post Brazilian Judge Denies Justice appeared first on Rachels Rantings.
- Ask Rachel: "This country is fuck-ed-did." 1 year ago Dear Rachel “This country is fuck-ed-did.” According to my Brazilian partner. OK. Although you are probably already thinking I am an ignorant gringo mocking foreign accents, please hear me out.I... Read more > The post Ask Rachel: “This country is fuck-ed-did.” appeared first on Rachels...
- The One that Got Away... 1 year ago I went out for a happy hour that didn’t end until practically midnight Friday. Blame it on Rio. And I have a story to tell you. I met a boy. The... Read more > The post The One that Got Away… appeared first on Rachels Rantings.
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Brazil Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Brazil!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Rachel's Rantings in Rio
20:52 PM October 17, 2012
Rachel's blog already won the Internations "Best Expat Blog Brazil" award, so there shouldn't be any doubt about the quality of her rantings. Once you start reading, you quickly get drawn in and find yourself clicking from one post to another, having a hard time to get out. What I find so special about Rachel's blog is that she says what she has to say, in the most direct way possible, without the frills... take it or leave it... And no subject is left undiscussed. Anything that may occur in daily life is there, the good and the bad. Life in Rio de Janeiro is far from perfect, and reading "Rachel's Rantings" is very educational indeed, if you don't mind the occasional slip of the tongue :) Way to go Rachel.
08:50 AM November 05, 2012
If you're blogging in Brazil then you'll almost certainly be aware of Rachel and her rants! Fun, varied and often raising some really interesting talking points, this is one of the blogs that I keep going back to.
14:59 PM December 17, 2012
love the humor
17:25 PM December 17, 2012
Fun and perceptive...always strikes just the right tone. Rachel doesn't just describe life in Rio, she takes us into her own life. Not to be missed.