Rachel's Rantings in Rio
Latest Blog Posts »
- Mourning Family: When Your Smartphone Dies 1 week ago It’s hard when a member of the family dies. Today a very integral part of my family was taken, my smartphone. I’m still in shock. This death has shaken my daily life to the core. Here are 10 ways life … Continue reading →
- Lazy Hot Brazilians For Your Friday! 1 week ago I’m not even going to try to post any sort of comment. Tonight all you get is hotness:
- Please Kiss that Penny Goodbye 1 week ago When I see that something costs R$9.99, I expect to get 1 cent back. Of course that doesn’t always happen in Brazil. In Brazil basically no one has a one cent piece. I’m not even sure if they make it … Continue reading →
- Who is The World Cup Really For? 2 weeks ago The beautiful part of soccer in Brazil is that it is the peoples’ sport. In a society where class systems are a fact of life, soccer is one of the few things celebrated by Brazilians of all socio-economic levels. So … Continue reading →
- Brazilian Designer Finds a Cure for Cellulite?! 3 weeks ago Every single woman would love an easy way to get rid of cellulite. Now there is a Brazilian designer who is promising just that and all you have to do is wear his jeans. Designer Alexandre Herchcovitch is attempting to … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Brazil Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Brazil!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Rachel's Rantings in Rio
20:52 PM October 17, 2012
Rachel's blog already won the Internations "Best Expat Blog Brazil" award, so there shouldn't be any doubt about the quality of her rantings. Once you start reading, you quickly get drawn in and find yourself clicking from one post to another, having a hard time to get out. What I find so special about Rachel's blog is that she says what she has to say, in the most direct way possible, without the frills... take it or leave it... And no subject is left undiscussed. Anything that may occur in daily life is there, the good and the bad. Life in Rio de Janeiro is far from perfect, and reading "Rachel's Rantings" is very educational indeed, if you don't mind the occasional slip of the tongue :) Way to go Rachel.
08:50 AM November 05, 2012
If you're blogging in Brazil then you'll almost certainly be aware of Rachel and her rants! Fun, varied and often raising some really interesting talking points, this is one of the blogs that I keep going back to.
14:59 PM December 17, 2012
love the humor
17:25 PM December 17, 2012
Fun and perceptive...always strikes just the right tone. Rachel doesn't just describe life in Rio, she takes us into her own life. Not to be missed.