Latest Blog Posts »
- Life in the Middle East: Expat Women Speak Out 5 days ago A lot of people accuse me of lying. They think I lie about what life is like in the Middle East for a woman. They’re convinced that I am secretly being oppressed but somehow am covering it up for the sake of my blog. I read their messages and comments sometimes and I oscillate [...]
- A glow in the dark garden and an underwater zoo... 2 weeks ago As a blogger that lives in the UAE, I get a lot of questions from people who want to visit this country and even questions from those that live here. They usually range from the outlandish, “Do I need to speak Arabic to visit the UAE?” to the more sedate, “What are some fun activities [...]
- 8 things you've heard if you're ethnically ambiguous 2 months ago I never stood out where I grew up. I looked just like every other girl that went to my high school and never got stared at in shopping malls. I was never questioned about my ethnicity or nationality… until I moved abroad. And then suddenly… it was the opening for every conversation people would...
- A new addition to the Abu Dhabi skyline 1 month ago There are so many things I like about living in Abu Dhabi. “Like what?” For starters, an abundance of excellent food, well constructed infrastructure and the general sensibility of people in charge. “What do you mean?” Well, Abu Dhabi is always on the lookout for ways to increase...
- Dubai Versus Abu Dhabi part 2: Which UAE metropolis is the bestropolis? 2 months ago For those of you who don’t know- I have been competing in a local competition. Let me explain. As a relatively new UAE resident, I have been participating in an ongoing (semi-serious) competition which would determine which was the best city- Abu Dhabi or Dubai? Even though the criteria was...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Expat Panda has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!