Femme au foyer
Latest Blog Posts »
- The ten days of Jāņi // līgo, līgo 1 day ago I’ve been told that these days in Latvia, Jāņi is a five day-long celebration: one day of preparations, Līgo vakars, Jāņi, a day of work and a day to recooperate… Here in the Upstate I’m tempted to call it a 10-day-long fest, as we included the strawberry-full moon summer solstice and...
- On the farm trail with the 10th annual Upstate Farm Tour! 5 days ago (Continued from this post, on the 10th annual Upstate Farm Tour) Earlybird Farms in Hodges, SCFrom Possum Kingdom Kreamery in Belton we headed to Happy Critters Ranch in Honea Path. While we waited for our tour to begin we enjoyed a glass of sweet tea under the giant oak, at a long table decked out...
- On the Upstate Farm Tour trail - Possum Kingdom Kreamery 1 week ago The hot weather broke Saturday here in the Greenville, just in time for the 10thannual Upstate Farm Tour! This Carolina Farm Stewardship Association (CFSA) event featured 22 local farms, including 6 stops new to the tour from last year. We picked up our button at Swamp Rabbit Grocery & Cafe and...
- Pleasant Ridge falls 1 week ago With temperatures in the upper nineties all week, we were looking for a hike in the foothills in hopes of lower temps and humidities. While it turned out to be a scorcher (and the humidity seemed even higher!), the Pleasant Ridge hike turned out to be a perfect solution for a hot summer day - a 0.6...
- World-renowned potter as TCMU Artist in Residence 1 week ago Senora Lynch learned how to make bead work, leather work and tribal clothing for pow wows as a young girl, however it was in pottery that she found her calling. She would sit with the grandmothers of the Haliwi-Saponi Indian Tribe while they worked, and by the age of 14 was assisting her Tribe’s...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Femme au foyer
19:15 PM October 14, 2012
Reviewing all entries, this one looks good, pleasure to read and unique insights also
21:06 PM October 14, 2012
Interesting descriptions on travels through Europe with kid-friendly activity advice and wonderful photographs. Often humorous entries, about attempting to recreate a recipe with ingredients commonly found in the US, but not so common in France.
19:08 PM October 15, 2012
very informative and interesting to read. I would compare them to Rick Steves narratives. The photos are outstanding
16:24 PM October 17, 2012
Heartfelt account of raising kids abroad and the challenges that raises. Informative for anyone needing expat information while living in France. Amazing photos documenting travels in and around France.
00:32 AM October 22, 2012
Literate, sincere, humorous, and personal writing allows readers a wonderful window into one expat family's adventures in Europe - both the exciting and positive as well as the frustrations. BEAUTIFUL photographs!
03:48 AM December 12, 2012
I would love to live in France! But I don't, and that's why I started following this blog. Awesome pictures, but the best was hearing about her pregnancy... I thought having a baby in the US was hard, and here everyone speaks English!