Femme au foyer
Latest Blog Posts »
- Three places to eat in Rīga 1 day ago The rest of the world is quickly catching on that Latvia might be Europe’s best kept secret. With articles such as this one making the internet rounds, it is clear that Rīgahas a unique architectural, cultural and historical scene. However what was immediately obvious to me after a few meals in...
- Zilaiskalns - the blue mountain 4 days ago Imants nevaid miris, / Viņš tikai apburts kluss - / No darbošanās rimis, / Zem Zilā kalna dus!On the road from Valmiera to the Dikļi Manor is Zilaiskalns, the “blue mountain.” 126 meters in elevation (as compared to Latvia’s highest point Gaiziņkalns at 312 meters), Zilaiskalns is...
- Svētā Sīmaņa baznīca, one of the oldest churches in Latvia 6 days ago On the shores of the Gauja in central Vidzeme is the city of Valmiera. From archeological evidence we know the site has been inhabited for the last 9,000 years, but it was first chronicled as a town in 1323 after the master of the Livonian Order Wilken von Endorp constructed the Wolmar castle and a...
- Dikļi Manor, a century old palace 1 week ago After the wedding in Valmiera we headed west into the heart of Vidzeme, to the Dikļi Manor. Baron Paul von Wolf built the impressive neo-baroque style manor house in 1896. An interesting feature is the mansard roof; also called a French roof or curb roof, the four-sided gambrel-style hip roof has...
- Puiši, puiši 2 weeks ago Puiši, puiši, kas tie puiši, opsidrallallā,Kas tos puišus nezināja, opsidrallallā. Rīgas ielas izstaigāja, opsidrallallā,Cēsīs gluži neiebrauca, opsidrallallā.Valmierāi cauriedami, opsidrallallā,Dikļu pili skatijuši, opsidrallalla.Limbažosi, birzmalāji, opsidrallallā,Skaistu...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Femme au foyer
19:15 PM October 14, 2012
Reviewing all entries, this one looks good, pleasure to read and unique insights also
21:06 PM October 14, 2012
Interesting descriptions on travels through Europe with kid-friendly activity advice and wonderful photographs. Often humorous entries, about attempting to recreate a recipe with ingredients commonly found in the US, but not so common in France.
19:08 PM October 15, 2012
very informative and interesting to read. I would compare them to Rick Steves narratives. The photos are outstanding
16:24 PM October 17, 2012
Heartfelt account of raising kids abroad and the challenges that raises. Informative for anyone needing expat information while living in France. Amazing photos documenting travels in and around France.
00:32 AM October 22, 2012
Literate, sincere, humorous, and personal writing allows readers a wonderful window into one expat family's adventures in Europe - both the exciting and positive as well as the frustrations. BEAUTIFUL photographs!
03:48 AM December 12, 2012
I would love to live in France! But I don't, and that's why I started following this blog. Awesome pictures, but the best was hearing about her pregnancy... I thought having a baby in the US was hard, and here everyone speaks English!