Femme au foyer
Latest Blog Posts »
- Vilis flies to Canada 16 hours ago As if traveling to Latvia this summer wasn’t enough international travel, I managed to sneak in not just one, but two trips to Canada a few months back. My godparents both live in Toronto, so it wasn’t the first time I crossed our northern border; when I was in elementary school I made the trip...
- Lunch in Paris - a feast 2 days ago We traveled to Paris last week: with our hearts, thoughts and prayers. It was something of a coincidence that a few days later we journeyed to the City of Light once more, this time with our stomachs. The “Lunch in Paris” had been in the works for about a month, the book selected for our...
- Reidsville and the Celtic Fringe 5 days ago “Life is a journey, not a destination” doesn’t appeal to road trips with three kids in the car. The older two are getting better with keeping themselves occupied on our trips, but Vilis is of that age when he just doesn’t want to sit still, much less strapped in looking at the rear seat of...
- On this day in 1918... 1 week ago On this day in the year 1918 Latvia declared its independence. This press statement was released by John Kerry (Secretary of State) and can be seen on www.state.gov:On the Occasion of Latvia's National Day On behalf of President Obama and the citizens of the United States, I congratulate the people...
- The fishing village of Ragaciems 1 week ago You might have noticed that over the last months my blog posts have been jumping here, there, everywhere. Our trip to Latvia this summer yielded so many topics that I wanted to write about, that a rather long line of posts lined up concerning the end of summer/fall back here in the US, of which a...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Femme au foyer
19:15 PM October 14, 2012
Reviewing all entries, this one looks good, pleasure to read and unique insights also
21:06 PM October 14, 2012
Interesting descriptions on travels through Europe with kid-friendly activity advice and wonderful photographs. Often humorous entries, about attempting to recreate a recipe with ingredients commonly found in the US, but not so common in France.
19:08 PM October 15, 2012
very informative and interesting to read. I would compare them to Rick Steves narratives. The photos are outstanding
16:24 PM October 17, 2012
Heartfelt account of raising kids abroad and the challenges that raises. Informative for anyone needing expat information while living in France. Amazing photos documenting travels in and around France.
00:32 AM October 22, 2012
Literate, sincere, humorous, and personal writing allows readers a wonderful window into one expat family's adventures in Europe - both the exciting and positive as well as the frustrations. BEAUTIFUL photographs!
03:48 AM December 12, 2012
I would love to live in France! But I don't, and that's why I started following this blog. Awesome pictures, but the best was hearing about her pregnancy... I thought having a baby in the US was hard, and here everyone speaks English!