Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- Snakes alive! 1 day ago They’re out there… With the recent spate of warm weather the wildlife in Finland has come alive over the last couple weeks. Yesterday we headed to Pirttimäki in Espoo, which is a popular destination for people who enjoy the outdoors. The Pirttimäki outdoor recreation area is administered and...
- Almost mainstream: Disabled and Paralympic sport 1 week ago Sports on the brain, yep – that’s me. I love sports and recently I have come become more familiar with disabled and Paralympic sport. My hero is Canadian cross-country skier Brian McKeever. For anyone who knows anything about cross-country skiing, I am pretty sure he doesn’t need an...
- Starting from the beginning: Learning Finnish 1 week ago Learning Finnish: the nightmare of many a people who have moved to this country. Finnish seems to be particularly difficult for native speakers of English, as documented in a news piece from YLE News last fall. According to the US-based Foreign Service Institute, Finnish is identified as a language...
- April Fool's Finland style 3 weeks ago So, I have lived here since 1998 and I have learned a lot of things about Finland over the years – including the 110 percent effort that they put into April Fool’s jokes. The media outlets scheme (for days I am sure) on how to get those gullible people! Me included… I blame it on […]
- Picture of the day 3 weeks ago We pretty much didn’t have winter here this year, so bring on the spring! Filed under: Weather in Finland
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!