Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- To allow or not to allow... 1 week ago Disclaimer: Anyone who is surfing in for the first time and leaves comments on my posts or responds to comments made by others will be subject to moderation. Yesterday I discovered five comments waiting in the queue for moderation. They were in response to comments other folks had made here earlier...
- Things I didn't know last week 2 weeks ago So what did I learn last week? I have to thank the Little Miss for the first part of this entry. She asked me how do blind people read. I told her what I know of Braille and then realized that we have stuff at home that have Braille printed on it: medicines and prescription drugs. […]
- Signs of spring 2 weeks ago It’s always great when spring arrives in Finland. The past two winters have been rather brown and grey in southern Finland ( = no snow), so the return of the colour is welcome. Here’s a few snaps I got with my phone over the last few weeks. Enjoy.Filed under: Picture of the Day, The environment
- Unexplored territory: Finnish music 3 weeks ago I have lived here long enough to know better: the Finnish music industry is alive and well and has scads of great bands and singers to suit everyone’s taste. While Finland is known as a heavy metal haven and boasts its share of bands that fit the genre, you can find […]
- Disappointed: Election 2015 1 month ago So, the election has come and gone and the Centre Party is now tasked with finding the right mix of partners to form the next government. There has been plenty of analysis by the media, including YLE News, which I follow on a daily basis. What always makes headlines is the demographics of the...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!