Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- Obscure sports in Finland 2 days ago The annual Ball Sports Expo held in Helsinki every March showcases some of the more obscure sports played in Finland: cricket, lacrosse, baseball, and a host of others. It also features KIN-BALL, which is promoted by the company the Mr. and I run – OP-Sport Finland. We have taken part in the Ball...
- Cycling - sometimes at your own risk 3 weeks ago On the afternoon of August 12 in Helsinki a cyclist and a motorist apparently exchanged words and insults and when all was said and done, the cyclist was dead. I heard about this story from the Mr. yesterday and I was shocked when he told me that the cyclist had been intentionally run down. The...
- The recent tourist, part II 1 month ago Back in July we took a holiday in the southwest archipelago in here Finland. This was a part of our “discover” series, that when we are in Finland in the summer, we go somewhere we have never been before. So, we were in Iniö. We stayed in a cabin on the island of Jumo for […]
- Picture of the day 1 month ago I went strawberry picking last week, and while the berries were kinda bad (moldy and raw berries on the same plants – amazing) – the weather was nice and I snapped this pic on my way out of the fields. Filed under: Picture of the Day
- Here we go again: Immigration politics 2 months ago Word of warning: I reserve the right to remove any nasty, racist comments that come up on this post or any other post in this blog. I will not tolerate hate speech or threats in this blog – period. Carmen P. It is 2015. It is beyond me how elected members of parliament in Finland […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!