Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- Maddening packaging! 4 hours ago Does anyone else hate this kind of packaging as much as I do? In recent years cartons and TetraPaks have started to appear with these “corks” on them. (Can’t think of the right word in English, so you get the direct Finnish-English translation.) I am not pointing out any specific company or...
- There and Back Again (not a Hobbit's tale) 1 week ago This is Lim (right) and his wife V and their son H. Originally from Malaysia they have called Finland home for six years, except for the year that they lived in Australia. I wanted to tell you about Lim and his family because they were immigrants to Finland who left… and came back. Thank you […]
- Picture of the day 2 weeks ago Alright – the flurry of travel is now over. I can get back to life in Finland – and Life In Finland. Sorry, it has been awhile! I washed my sauna on the weekend and realized that I have never discussed sauna elves. There is plenty of folklore and stories about elves in Finland and […]
- Clean nature and water in Finland is a myth: a(nother) rant 3 weeks ago Disclaimer: This is an opinion piece. I think I live in a hypocritical society when it comes to the state of the environment in this country. Just think if more people made better choices – you know, putting their garbage in the garbage can, putting it in recycling bins, returning the bottles and...
- The bits of Finnish culture that don't appeal to me 2 months ago I have been living in Finland for nearly 16 years and I have tried and seen and done a lot of different things. Yet, I just realized there some are habits that are culturally important in Finland that I have just not subscribed to or do not actively take part in. Here’s a few: Crayfish […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!