Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- Finglish words and phrases that drive me nuts 3 days ago Update: After a proofread, I had to make some corrections to my own Finglish! :P I have been in Finland for a long time and long ago and far away I noticed the use of a few words/phrases by native Finnish speakers that drive me absolutely crazy when they speak / write in English. I […]
- The recovered couch 1 week ago Long ago the Mr. and I purchased our first home together and we went hunting for the perfect couch for our new living room. The perfect couch was well-made and as I mentioned back in December 2014, I was vehemently against getting rid of it. So after a little bit of searching around and getting...
- Picture of the Day 3 weeks ago We had some snow recently and evidence of our local blackbirds looking for pickings in our yard. Nice to know they’re still around.. :) Filed under: Picture of the Day
- Cruising to Sweden 4 weeks ago (Sorry I haven’t written lately – busy and distracted…) I know this is something I haven’t blogged about yet. It is really easy and relatively inexpensive to travel on short holiday hops to Tallinn, Estonia or Stockholm, Sweden by cruise boats (or fast boats to Tallinn). The selection of...
- Banning tobogganing: Could it happen in Finland? 3 months ago Last week I was listening to the local morning program from my hometown on the internet and nearly flipped out when I heard the headlines surrounding one story: Cities in Canada are banning tobogganing. Tobogganing, sliding down hills: An integral part of childhood for any child who lives in a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!