Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- "Go back to your home country." 2 months ago How many of you living in a foreign country have heard that? I have heard that a few times over the years, but only in the first few years after I moved here. A social media storm has ensued since Yagmur Özberkan tweeted that she had been told to “go back to her home country” […]
- My new favourite spectator sport 2 months ago Handball. Long ago and far away, I went to watch the Finnish women take on Italy in an exhibition game and so began my mild obsession with a game that I really, really like to watch. I’d like to play, but that’s a different story. I am approaching middle age… I will be content that […]
- 100 years of independent Finland 3 months ago Well, it’s finally here! Finland celebrates 100 years of independence today. There have been hundreds of events going on since yesterday and continuing on into today. We decided to take advantage of the really great weather here in Espoo, and went canoeing on Espoonjoki. It sure was nice! I’d...
- Life with a dog 4 months ago A couple of years ago we got a dog. The Mr. and I had talked for a long time about taking this step. Having a pet is a huge responsibility and I was pretty worried about how we would juggle our home routine to accommodate a furball. Virtually everything we do now means we also […]
- Things I didn't know last week 4 months ago When you listen to the radio you find out lots of new things. When you take the time (or when you have the time) to read, you’ll also find out a lot of new things. Here’s what I found out recently: The mushroom season has been pretty poor this year. (I blame the crappy weather.) […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!