Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- How do you know if you've pissed off a Finnish person? 3 weeks ago Finns are a straightforward people, hard to make friends with; but when you do, you have a friend for life! That is the truth. But how can you figure out if you’ve pissed someone off? Truth is – you may not know at all, expect for subtle changes in behaviour. A person may stop interacting […]
- I feel like HSL is punishing me 2 months ago Helsinki Regional Transport (HSL/HRT), the public transit authority in the Helsinki region, has undergone a huge transformation in the last few years. When I first moved here and was using public transit to get around, the regional transport network only included Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa and...
- It was time: A Paralympian for Athlete of the Year 3 months ago Last week I scratched something off of my bucket list: to attend the annual Finnish Sports Gala (Urheilugaala) in Helsinki. It’s my understanding that this past gala was the 10th anniversary, which is kind of a cool thing since Finland is celebrating 100 years of independence this year. A lot of...
- Picture of the Day 4 months ago I saw an ad for this the other day in the paper and nearly lost my sh*t. Rough translation: NEW, peeled whole onions, from Holland. Ready peeled onions speed up cooking, clean and easy: Rinse, cut and cook! Suitable for all cooking, especially for sauces and casseroles. Extreme civilization has...
- Picture of the Day 4 months ago The Christmas holiday was short this year, but it was good. We had a good time up in Savo – where there is SNOW! The Mr. has established a routine for us (dependent on the weather) and when we’re up visiting his parents, we take the day and go skiing at Tahko (or Kasurila). Tahko […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!