Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- Driving school - sort of... 3 weeks ago I did it – got another thing scratched off my ”to do” list. Long ago and far away, I learned how to drive in the winter time when the roads were full of snow and slippery conditions were a normal part of driving life. Fast forward to life in Finland and being a one-car family; […]
- Women in Sport in Finland: still invisible... 2 months ago If you can read this article in Finnish, please do. This is about Marika Hara, 11-time world champion, winner of 10 other world championship medals and 13 European championship medals. The significance of her dominance in sport feels really watered down. She does mountain biking orienteering, a...
- A victim of crime 3 months ago -written by Life in Finland (blog) I have become a statistic. I was robbed in broad daylight in my own neighbourhood while I was walking my dog yesterday. Pick pocketing by foreign gangs (apparently largely Romanian and Bulgarian) is not new in Finland. They are regulars on the streets of Helsinki...
- Plagiarism SUCKS! 3 months ago WARNING: Life in Finland is being plagiarized by someone else. Last week I got some pingbacks on my blog and I was curious, so I clicked and was horrified to find out that someone has been lifting my blog entries in English, translating them into (apparently poor) Finnish and calling them their...
- What do you do if your spouse dies? 4 months ago This past year has been a bit of a reality check for me. People around me have lost siblings and significant others. It is truly shocking. This is life, I know, but unfair nonetheless.
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!