Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- Almost mainstream: Disabled and Paralympic sport 5 days ago Sports on the brain, yep – that’s me. I love sports and recently I have come become more familiar with disabled and Paralympic sport. My hero is Canadian cross-country skier Brian McKeever. For anyone who knows anything about cross-country skiing, I am pretty sure he doesn’t need an...
- Starting from the beginning: Learning Finnish 1 week ago Learning Finnish: the nightmare of many a people who have moved to this country. Finnish seems to be particularly difficult for native speakers of English, as documented in a news piece from YLE News last fall. According to the US-based Foreign Service Institute, Finnish is identified as a language...
- April Fool's Finland style 2 weeks ago So, I have lived here since 1998 and I have learned a lot of things about Finland over the years – including the 110 percent effort that they put into April Fool’s jokes. The media outlets scheme (for days I am sure) on how to get those gullible people! Me included… I blame it on […]
- Picture of the day 3 weeks ago We pretty much didn’t have winter here this year, so bring on the spring! Filed under: Weather in Finland
- Dog names in Finland 3 weeks ago I think I have mentioned before that Finns are real dog lovers. I ran across a snippet of info in the Yhteishyvä magazine put out by the retail S-Group. Below is a list of the top 10 names for dogs compiled by the Finnish Kennel Club… Finns prefer short names for their dogs, and surprisingly...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!