Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- Picture of the Day 14 hours ago Last week on Thursday from 3:00 – 8:00 p.m. the Heureka Science Centre in Vantaa was open to the public with free admission! It was the “Electric Night” sponsored by ABB, so we thought we’d take advantage of it and head over. There are a couple of new exhibitions and of course the permanent...
- Avalanche! 6 days ago Did you know we have environments that are favourable to avalanches in Finland? The Finnish Meteorological Institute issues an avalanche forecast for northern Finland in the winter. The FMI and the mainstream media are always on top of these things and post the warnings when they come, for example,...
- Picture of the day 2 weeks ago A little Friday humour for you… Long ago and far away the Mr. and I did a weekend trip to Riga, Latvia (first the boat to Tallinn and then by bus to Riga). It was April and we stayed in downtown Riga in a nice hotel. One of my memories of that trip was the […]
- The handle vs. the doorknob 2 weeks ago I ran across an interesting story out of Vancouver. Apparently there is a move to “ban” doorknobs under new building code legislation and in their place will be handles in order to improve accessibility. It’s a smart move, but the way it has been implemented is a bit draconian… But I can...
- Finland's nature on display 2 months ago For anyone who is a nature lover like I am, I can highly recommend two places in the capital area to visit to get your fix. Whether you are a visitor to Finland or living here, there is always an opportunity to learn. Earlier this year Haltia, The Finnish Nature Centre opened its doors to […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!