Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- Picture of the day 2 days ago I was browsing through my bookshelves yesterday and came across this, my first Finnish-English-Finnish dictionary. It has been well-loved and used, and it’s falling apart. I bought it at the World’s Biggest Bookstore in Toronto way back in 1996 not long after I decided I was going to...
- Summer's feast 1 week ago In addition to learning a new species of tree recently, I have also learn what eats them. All around southern Finland (from what I hear) the bird-cherry ermines (Yponomeuta evonymella) are having a feast and leaving naked trees in their wake. Janne Pyykk
- Picture of the day 1 week ago Yesterday I attended my summer party for work and we had some great entertainment on the program. We were treated to a performance by the samba group
- Finnish babies do sleep in boxes... 2 weeks ago I always get a kick out of the articles on the BBC that document the “curious” behaviours of folks in the Nordic countries. We sleep our babies outside in sub-zero weather and now – we put our babies to sleep in cardboard boxes. With the headline of the latest article, one might...
- Odds and sods from the last little while 2 weeks ago I’ve been doing a lot of fun things lately – generally enjoying the spring weather and I have seen new things, tried new things and so on. Most of things are worthy of mention, but I thought I would compile them all in one entry, because many of them are too short to be just […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!