Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- Helsinki doesn't need Guggenheim 1 week ago Yesterday Helsinki City council voted against the construction of a Guggenheim museum in the city by a vote of 53–32. This was the right decision and I honestly hope that this is the end of it. I have loosely followed the issue since it became headline news a few years back. I have always been...
- GIVEAWAY: To celebrate Finland's 99th birthday 1 week ago I have long mulled over the idea of having a giveaway for people who follow this blog here on WordPress, on Facebook and on Twitter. So now that I have the idea in my head and the prizes in hand, this is your task – just in time to celebrate Finland’s 99th birthday on December […]
- Picture of the Day 1 week ago I have been so busy lately (basically living at the arena!) that I have barely had time to register Christmas in my mind. Halloween is long past, Remembrance Day (November 11 in Canada) is long past and it is now less than a month before the big day. I actually saw the inside of a […]
- Where are the champions of women's and girls' sport in Finland? 4 weeks ago My eyes have been opened over the last few years with regards to how little attention is paid to women’s and girls’ sport in Finland. Recently the media made light of Teemu Selänne’s “return to daycare” as a “godfather” (he was once a daycare teacher, before he made hockey his life)....
- HOCKEY: Women's Four Nations Cup being played in Finland 3 months ago Calling all women’s hockey fans (and I came across this by accident because it’s not really being advertised anywhere!) The Women’s Four Nations Cup is being played in FINLAND this year from November 1-5 at three different venues in Kerava, Järvenpää and Vierumäki. This tournament...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!