Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- Happy Midsummer! 2 months ago It’s nearly here. Juhannus, aka Midsummer – the traditional kick-off of summer in Finland and it looks like parts of Finland will get the summery weather to go with it! It’s a long weekend here, so today people will begin the exodus to the countryside and tomorrow everything will be closed....
- Police officer deaths in Finland (updated) 2 months ago Last week on June 17, a police officer was killed in a confrontation with an armed man in Vihti. The suspect (who was later found dead on the property of a suspected suicide), was known to police and opened fire on the two reporting police officers without warning. The second officer was wounded...
- Picture of the Day 2 months ago Its warming up again, but it was a bit chilly this morning on the way to work. I rode my bike through the central park in Espoo, AKA keskuspuisto. At 5.40 a.m. the land was breathing fog, totally worth the stop to take today’s picture of the day. Filed under: Espoo, Picture of the Day
- Things I didn't know last week 2 months ago Well, I have actually learned these things over the course of the last few weeks in meeting people and reading a few books I picked up last year. There’s no theme, just a mishmash of information. Diplomatic relations between Finland and Canada were established in November 1947. Suomenlinna was...
- Today's ear worm 3 months ago Here is your EAR WORM for the day! This is why I need to immerse myself more into the Finnish music scene. The Little Miss knew that this song was Finnish (she was walking around singing “Pekka, Pekka, Pekka” all the time) – and it was played ALL the time at the recent World Hockey […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!