Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- Picture of the Day 3 days ago We had some snow last week and unfortunately it is already melting. :( The Little Miss lived in the moment and made a snowman. The beauty of every snowman is they’re unique and always different. Filed under: Picture of the Day, Weather in Finland
- Things I didn't know last week 1 week ago This is what I love about Finland, there is something to learn every day! So what have I learned recently? A couple weeks ago my cousin asked me about a disease that has occurred in our family in Canada and wondered if it was more common in Finland. A quick search turned up an organization […]
- Finnish banks reluctant to open bank accounts for foreigners 2 weeks ago The Finnish Broadcasting Corporation (YLE) published a news piece yesterday discussing the issues that foreigners face in trying to open a bank account at a Finnish bank. It has caused much consternation and much discussion on social media channels. It seems like getting a bank account is an...
- Crowd-sourcing infrastructure projects in times of austerity 3 weeks ago In Finnish there is this word “talkoot.” “Talkootyö” translates to volunteer work. I have often questioned why we can’t get things done by having more talkoot when government cutbacks affect services and infrastructure maintenance. Just last week the front page of Metro (the free paper...
- Picture of the Day 1 month ago It was a beautiful day last Saturday, this picture is too nice not to share! Filed under: Picture of the Day
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!