Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- Mixed feelings about bikini fitness 1 day ago I just watched a documentary called Muodonmuutoksia (Director: Kati Juurus) about four Finnish women who compete in bikini fitness, which has become a favoured trend among young women. All I could think while I watched it was “starvation and abuse.”And at the time of writing this I can say I...
- Municipal elections this weekend in Finland 2 weeks ago On Sunday, Finns will head to the polls to cast their votes in nation-wide municipal elections. Here’s some things that are on my mind. I am not sure how much elected officials can affect some of these things I have on my mind, but nonetheless. I have some bones to pick. For me important issues...
- Shades of winter in Savo 4 weeks ago Last weekend we were up in Kuopio for a hockey tournament. Fortunately the Mr.’s parents live nearby, so we didn’t have to stay in a hotel. There has been no snow in the capital region for a couple of weeks now, so winter is definitely over. Not so in Savo! I brought my snowshoes in […]
- How do you know if you've pissed off a Finnish person? 1 month ago Finns are a straightforward people, hard to make friends with; but when you do, you have a friend for life! That is the truth. But how can you figure out if you’ve pissed someone off? Truth is – you may not know at all, expect for subtle changes in behaviour. A person may stop interacting […]
- I feel like HSL is punishing me 2 months ago Helsinki Regional Transport (HSL/HRT), the public transit authority in the Helsinki region, has undergone a huge transformation in the last few years. When I first moved here and was using public transit to get around, the regional transport network only included Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa and...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!