Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- Pictures of the Day 1 day ago Last weekend I was out and about – as per usual. I made the effort to get myself to a place that I haven’t been to in ages. It was only a scouting mission, because we’re planning to head there some time soon: Kattila in the Nuuksio National Park here in Espoo. There were not […]
- The Map 1 week ago When I came to Finland for the first time in 1997 I travelled around a lot. I bounced from one end of the country to the other a few times that summer. One of my relatives gave me a road map of Finland, which I have (not always so) diligently highlighted to keep track of […]
- Picture of the day 3 weeks ago We’ve been experiencing some unusual weather lately. October was incredibly dry and November has started with record warm temperatures. Yesterday a record high +13.3 C was recorded in Porvoo, east of Helsinki. I am feeling pessimistic and that winter will pass over southern Finland yet again…...
- Is the Finnish government in disarray? 4 weeks ago (Long time, no hear, but I am here – just really busy!) … At least the media makes it sound that way. I’m still not sure what to think. Disclaimer: This is my analysis and my opinion only, any errors that are here are solely mine alone. If you want to explore what has been […]
- A visit to R/V Aranda 1 month ago The Finnish-Canadian Business Club gathered on the decks of the science research vessel Aranda in Helsinki on September 15. It was a fantastic chance to see the boat that is famed in science circles around the Baltic. Our host was Juha Flinkman, who is the Development Manager for Research Vessels...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!