Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- Well that didn't take long! 6 days ago Finland won one gold medal at the recent winter Olympics games in Sochi. It was a really great moment when Iivo Niskanen and Sami Jauhojärvi nailed down the gold in the men’s cross-country team sprint. I watched that race and the TV commentators were yelling their fool heads off, so I couldn’t...
- Keep that bottle opener handy! 1 week ago It’s Friday and thousands of people across Finland will crack open a couple of beer tonight to wind down after a busy week at work. I thought about it a few weeks ago and realized that, hey – here’s something else that is different than where I come from: You have to use a bottle […]
- Olympic round-up II 2 weeks ago The Olympic hangover has begun! It felt like we just got started and it’s already over? And now we have to wait until 2018 to be entertained again on the winter Olympic front. Well, I was pleased as punch when Canada scored gold medals in curling and hockey and equally pleased that Finland won...
- Picture of the Day 2 weeks ago The other day the Little Miss saw bobsledding for the first time and exclaimed, “What’s that?” Some time after that I suggested she make a bobsled for her Lego Friends – in the spirit of the Olympics. Here was the result: Gotta love Lego, eh? Filed under: Picture of the Day, Sports
- Olympic round-up (week 1) 3 weeks ago Well, if you have been following my blog for a long time, you’ll know I am a huge fan of the winter Olympics. If I had the time and the money, I would just follow the winter Olympic circus around the world every four years. I’ve offered up my own analysis now and then (like […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!