Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- May Day! May Day! Vappu is coming! 1 day ago The official kick-off to spring will be celebrated in Finland this weekend – Vappu, or Labour Day. The Mr. went shopping yesterday and said the store was a zoo, so I can image it will be the same today as people go and pick up all sorts of goodies for the weekend. And since Vappu […]
- The war on litter: cigarette butts 2 weeks ago I’ve long been picking up litter while out and about in public, but I have recently become rather fed up with how many cigarette butts there are out there. It’s down right shocking! We got a dog last year, so we spend a lot of time walking. Since I poop and scoop anyways, I have […]
- Picture of the Day 3 weeks ago Yesterday I found myself in downtown Helsinki for the first time in a long time. I hopped on the metro and got off at Helsinki University (formerly known as Kaisaniemi) and headed up the escalator. This was too good to pass up as a photo op! Filed under: Picture of the Day
- Structural changes to recycling services in Finland 2 months ago A fresh study on waste management in Europe showed that Finns throw out an average of 482kg of waste per year, which is slightly more than the European average of 475kg. In Finland 18 percent of waster is recycled (EU 28%), 17 ends up in a landfill (EU 28 %), 50 percent is incinerated (EU […]
- Espoo is like a big hole in the ground 2 months ago These days you can hardly move around the city without running into a major construction project. The Mr. and I were rattling off locations in Espoo where there are major construction and infrastructure projects underway (or soon to be underway): the west metro (Länsimetro, due to open in August...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!