Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- It was time: A Paralympian for Athlete of the Year 3 weeks ago Last week I scratched something off of my bucket list: to attend the annual Finnish Sports Gala (Urheilugaala) in Helsinki. It’s my understanding that this past gala was the 10th anniversary, which is kind of a cool thing since Finland is celebrating 100 years of independence this year. A lot of...
- Picture of the Day 2 months ago I saw an ad for this the other day in the paper and nearly lost my sh*t. Rough translation: NEW, peeled whole onions, from Holland. Ready peeled onions speed up cooking, clean and easy: Rinse, cut and cook! Suitable for all cooking, especially for sauces and casseroles. Extreme civilization has...
- Picture of the Day 2 months ago The Christmas holiday was short this year, but it was good. We had a good time up in Savo – where there is SNOW! The Mr. has established a routine for us (dependent on the weather) and when we’re up visiting his parents, we take the day and go skiing at Tahko (or Kasurila). Tahko […]
- Merry Christmas! Hyvää Joulua! 2 months ago Dear friends and followers of Life in Finland, I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for following this blog over the years. It is that time of the year again. Today is the big day in Finland – it is Christmas and Santa Claus will be paying us a visit later today.
- A belated 99th birthday to Finland! 2 months ago Whoa! How did I miss that? I will blame my life at the arena for that. I was coaching ringette all day on December 6, Finland’s Independence Day, and 99th birthday. At the end of November I told you about a little giveaway I was having for the reader’s of my blog. I’d like to […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!