Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- If you can't beat 'em... 1 week ago We came back to Finland from Canada a few weeks ago and the capital area was suffering from near drought conditions. It felt like the summer of 2010 all over again. Back then it was dry and the stinging insects were out in force. I also discovered that yellow jackets were a relative new comer […]
- Trip to Canada 2 weeks ago I was “home” recently – home being where I grew up in Ontario. It was the first time I had been back in three and half years! (It was time.) It was nice to be back among family and friends and actually understand everything that was being said! A lot of things have changed: the […]
- Soft landing - back to reality! 3 weeks ago Hello friends! I was in Canada for four weeks and just got back a few days ago. In addition to getting back into the home and work routine, I am also struggling with slight jet lag. It is also HOT in southern Finland, so sleep is elusive these days. In any case there is a […]
- Maddening! Litter, but this takes the cake 2 months ago I have often lamented about how awful littering has become in Finland. It seems there are stories about it in the daily news with reports about the mountains of garbage that the City of Helsinki (for example) picks up because of the disposable and throw-away culture we have become accustomed to. I...
- Midsummer greetings 3 months ago Dear friends, Midsummer, aka Juhannus is upon us – in spite of the unseasonably cool weather. (The Finnish Meteorological Institute just tweeted a picture of snow in Ylläs!) I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for surfing in and reading. Have a safe (and warm) Midsummer and...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!