Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- 100 years of independent Finland 6 days ago Well, it’s finally here! Finland celebrates 100 years of independence today. There have been hundreds of events going on since yesterday and continuing on into today. We decided to take advantage of the really great weather here in Espoo, and went canoeing on Espoonjoki. It sure was nice! I’d...
- Life with a dog 2 weeks ago A couple of years ago we got a dog. The Mr. and I had talked for a long time about taking this step. Having a pet is a huge responsibility and I was pretty worried about how we would juggle our home routine to accommodate a furball. Virtually everything we do now means we also […]
- Things I didn't know last week 2 months ago When you listen to the radio you find out lots of new things. When you take the time (or when you have the time) to read, you’ll also find out a lot of new things. Here’s what I found out recently: The mushroom season has been pretty poor this year. (I blame the crappy weather.) […]
- Driving school - sort of... 4 months ago I did it – got another thing scratched off my ”to do” list. Long ago and far away, I learned how to drive in the winter time when the roads were full of snow and slippery conditions were a normal part of driving life. Fast forward to life in Finland and being a one-car family; […]
- Women in Sport in Finland: still invisible... 4 months ago If you can read this article in Finnish, please do. This is about Marika Hara, 11-time world champion, winner of 10 other world championship medals and 13 European championship medals. The significance of her dominance in sport feels really watered down. She does mountain biking orienteering, a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!