Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- Picture of the Day 3 weeks ago I saw an ad for this the other day in the paper and nearly lost my sh*t. Rough translation: NEW, peeled whole onions, from Holland. Ready peeled onions speed up cooking, clean and easy: Rinse, cut and cook! Suitable for all cooking, especially for sauces and casseroles. Extreme civilization has...
- Picture of the Day 3 weeks ago The Christmas holiday was short this year, but it was good. We had a good time up in Savo – where there is SNOW! The Mr. has established a routine for us (dependent on the weather) and when we’re up visiting his parents, we take the day and go skiing at Tahko (or Kasurila). Tahko […]
- Merry Christmas! Hyvää Joulua! 3 weeks ago Dear friends and followers of Life in Finland, I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for following this blog over the years. It is that time of the year again. Today is the big day in Finland – it is Christmas and Santa Claus will be paying us a visit later today.
- A belated 99th birthday to Finland! 4 weeks ago Whoa! How did I miss that? I will blame my life at the arena for that. I was coaching ringette all day on December 6, Finland’s Independence Day, and 99th birthday. At the end of November I told you about a little giveaway I was having for the reader’s of my blog. I’d like to […]
- Helsinki doesn't need Guggenheim 2 months ago Yesterday Helsinki City council voted against the construction of a Guggenheim museum in the city by a vote of 53–32. This was the right decision and I honestly hope that this is the end of it. I have loosely followed the issue since it became headline news a few years back. I have always been...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!