Latest Blog Posts »
- Postcards from Jerash, Jordan 1 day ago If I had to chose the one thing I love the most about the Middle East (besides the food), I would have to go with the great depth of history to be found there. Few places in the world can boast of having such well-preserved historic monuments and such well-known historic sites as the Middle...
- The Definitive Guide to Moving Your Pension Overseas 1 day ago An estimated 5 million British nationals are currently domiciled abroad, and that number continues to grow as uncertainty surrounds the UK economy. However, what many British expats don’t realise is that they are not making full use of their pension ‘pots’. Unfortunately, many...
- 10 Life Lessons Travel Has Taught Me 4 days ago Sunset over Lanzarote, Spain in the Canary Islands Over the years, I’ve found I do some of my best thinking when I’m traveling. Away from the hustle and bustle of life back home, between checking my phone for texts and being pushed to “succeed”, I find that I can relax and...
- Everything You Need to Know about Teaching English in Spain with BEDA 1 week ago I began this blog right before I moved to Spain in 2010 to teach English for two years. Consequently, I receive many queries, tweets, emails and carrier pigeons asking me how I did it. Now I went through the auxiliares de conversaci
- 5 Sunset Stories from Jordan 1 week ago Is there anything more poignant, more meaningful, more memorable than witnessing an epic sunset while traveling? Nope, don’t think so. Ok, so I kinda have a thing for sunsets, but still, after a long day of travel and exploring new places and spaces, I love nothing more than watching the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Young Adventuress
18:00 PM November 28, 2012
I like Liz's blog a lot! She keeps it real, and her writing style is quite entertaining. I identify with her story, being an expat in Spain myself and having the troubles she has had with learning Spanish and making a fool of herself from time to time. A definite must read if you're heading to Spain anytime soon!
02:50 AM November 30, 2012
Her experiences are true! We had similar things happen with paperwork while in Spain and I LOVE her sense of humor! I love sneaking a peak at her blog on my lunchbreak, it keeps me sane! Keep up the bueno trabajo chica!
20:39 PM November 30, 2012
I love the wat Liz describes her expat stories- it makes me laugh and want to visit the same places she does, eat the same tapas and run away from the bulls! It is a perfect blog for expats in Spain and for those who only visit Spain.