Latest Blog Posts »
- Kanaat, a trip to Üsküdar 5 months ago One of the joys of living in Istanbul is taking the ferry across the Bosphorus. After a quick ferry ride to the Asian side of Istanbul and a short walk through the bustling neighborhood of Üsküdar I found myself at the famous Kanaat Lokantasi. This place is a good enough reason to make a trip...
- Karaköy, a walk next to the Goldern Horn 6 months ago Karaköy, is to me the gateway to the older part of Istanbul….Sultanahmet and Eminönü. Breathing in the fresh sea air from the Goldern Horn while walking from Karaköy across the Galata Bridge. This time I decided to walk along the Goldern Horn to see more of Karaköy, a once thriving port....
- Turkish wines I drink 6 months ago
- Fener and beyond 7 months ago Apologies for being away a bit, but I have been exploring, eating food, drinking wine and organizing my daughters birthday….and that is a whole production on its own.
- Yazgan, a family affair 7 months ago In the Yazgan family house, situated in between the vineyards in Ulucak, close to Izmir, hangs a traditional wedding dress that belonged to the mother of Hüseyin Yazgan, the founder of Yazgan Winery. This beautiful, handmade wedding dress made with velvet and golden lace, speaks of the great story...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Maddie's Vines
15:59 PM December 07, 2012
Informative, lip-smacking pics of Turkish treats and lots of useful info if you need to pick out a bottle of Turkish wine.