My French Odyssey
Latest Blog Posts »
- Hooker Eyebrows 1 day ago After a long day of Bra shopping…I kid you not. I stopped off at the eyebrow place on my way back home. The apartment is about a 7-minute walk from the center of town and this place is on the way. I sat for some time waiting because I didn’t have an appointment so, by […]
- From Australia To Morocco With Love 4 months ago I had been in France for about 5 months when I finally received the date and time for my appointment with the OFII. (The office where they certify your visa application with an interview and medical exam.) I was a bit concerned about the exam. I had never been overly fond of doctors but the […]
- The Adventures of Gus The Raccoon 6 months ago During the Hell of 2014, I wrote a series of mini adventures about a raccoon I named Gus. It served as a good distraction from everything going on, a way to lighten what was a very, very dark time in my life. I figured I would share his story with you. Because I spent the […]
- A (French) Car Is Born 6 months ago After two inspections, another technical certification and some minor modifications to the car itself, Antoine and I took The Hybrid for its final inspection. It was near Paris in a little town called Montlhery. When we passed the gated checkpoint, complete with ID review and name tags, we were...
- The French Connection 6 months ago Not long after I arrived, one of the members of the tennis club, Dominique, asked me if I would mind being interviewed for the local magazine, Votre Ville. (I can’t speak to whether this is the norm in every city here in France but in Chartres, they produce two full-color magazines each month)...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » My French Odyssey has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!