Latest Blog Posts »
- Tuk-Tuk Roulette 4 months ago Tuk-tuk Roulette: a game of chance played by Colombo’s commuters. Step onto a train, bus or into a tuk-tuk to enter. Take a trip, gamble your life. Will I get to work this morning? Will my tuk-tuk be smashed to smithereens? Who knows!? It’s exhilarating! The tuk-tuk has quickly become my...
- Book Review: The Tea Planter's Wife - Dinah Jefferies 9 months ago I’ve been trying to delve a little deeper into Sri Lanka’s history and culture by visiting the Museum and other cultural institutions around Colombo. It’s very factual but kind of dry after a while and there is no context really. After a lunch at Barefoot I wandered through the shop to find...
- Apps You Need in Sri Lanka 9 months ago PickMe – a locally designed and operated taxi aggregation app which allows you to chose from tuk-tuks, nanos, mini, cars and vans. It’s the Sri Lankan version of Uber – except you pay in cash. The service is super cheap and they don’t have surge prices like Uber. You just need to register...
- Six Months Abroad 10 months ago This week marks six months since my move to Sri Lanka, there have been so many ups and downs. But I can say with all certainty that the past few months have absolutely flown by. I can finally say I have a life here, though I’m not as sure that I have made a home […]
- Airbnb No More 10 months ago Four months ago, when I realised that my rent was well above 70% of my salary I started searching for a new home in Colombo. Then I decided that I would stay put – why? Because all rentals here seem to have a 1-year minimum lease. I didn’t want to commit to a year in […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Expat Ceylon has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!