Latest Blog Posts »
- Book Review: The Tea Planter's Wife - Dinah Jefferies 2 weeks ago I’ve been trying to delve a little deeper into Sri Lanka’s history and culture by visiting the Museum and other cultural institutions around Colombo. It’s very factual but kind of dry after a while and there is no context really. After a lunch at Barefoot I wandered through the shop to find...
- Apps You Need in Sri Lanka 3 weeks ago PickMe – a locally designed and operated taxi aggregation app which allows you to chose from tuk-tuks, nanos, mini, cars and vans. It’s the Sri Lankan version of Uber – except you pay in cash. The service is super cheap and they don’t have surge prices like Uber. You just need to register...
- Six Months Abroad 2 months ago This week marks six months since my move to Sri Lanka, there have been so many ups and downs. But I can say with all certainty that the past few months have absolutely flown by. I can finally say I have a life here, though I’m not as sure that I have made a home […]
- Airbnb No More 2 months ago Four months ago, when I realised that my rent was well above 70% of my salary I started searching for a new home in Colombo. Then I decided that I would stay put – why? Because all rentals here seem to have a 1-year minimum lease. I didn’t want to commit to a year in […]
- Where to Buy Technology 2 months ago I moved to Sri Lanka with the naive idea that I could buy most everything I needed on the island. While that is mostly true, I was shocked at the price of goods here, on top of the manufacturer’s retail value, there are additional fees for importers, and various taxes added on by the government...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Expat Ceylon has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!