The Intrepid Rosbif
Latest Blog Posts »
- Is this heaven? Or just bureaucratic hell? 2 months ago Such were the questions asked by Bernard, a senior citizen who retired on the Cote d’Azur, when he discovered that according to the local authorities he had been dead since 26 September 2012, reports Nice Matin. Rumours of his death having
- All your ski webcams in one place.. 2 months ago If you’re the sort of skier or boarder who cruises the region in search of the best conditions and weather then this link at Savoie Mont Blanc tourism could be for you. By grouping together the webcams of the region, most of which are shrouded in thick cloud today (albeit with only a dusting...
- 5 ways to pay less for your ski pass 5 months ago With the white stuff falling abundantly across the Alps this week following a more than generous dusting last week, it’s time to turn our attention to how to save a few bob when we head to the slopes. This weekend, as the snow cannons pumped out the fake stuff at C
- The happiest man alive is.....French 6 months ago Sorry? Yes, I’m sure you were glad to be sitting down when reading that headline, but I kid yee not; the University of Wisconsin have just named a French Buddhist monk, Matthieu Ricard, as the most joy-filled chap on the planet. Is that him in the picture? No, that’s another monk,...
- An Alpine Chalet.......yours for 10€ 7 months ago I should point out before anything that wise men not only say that fools rush in but that also if it seems too good to be true then it probably is. Cynicism aside, I can certainly empathize with Georgette Gallo and her bloke from the Hautes Alpes who have found the services of the local [...]
Contest Entries »
- The Seven Deadly Sins of new Expats in France Writing Contest March 2013 Un Not saying ‘Bonjour’. Politeness in interactions with just about anybody is probably the most vital part of moving here. Nowhere is this more obvious than in shops, where you can spend seemingly hours locked in an exchange of formal banter...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » The Intrepid Rosbif has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!