six degrees north
Latest Blog Posts »
- Travels in Greece: Leap into the blue 1 week ago Kythera sits like a tear drop at the bottom of the Peloponnese. a rocky island around which the waters of the Aegean and Ionian seas flow. From where I sit, […]
- Greece's image problem. 3 weeks ago In the surreal, wonderful world of summer holidays, I’m writing to you from Greece. In a whitewashed hotel room, with furniture painted in inimitable shades of Greek sea blue and […]
- Searching for the lost treasures of the Gold Coast 3 months ago Yesterday some friends and I drove out of Accra and into the fertile, intensely green valley to the north. Our destination was the large town of Nsawam and we were […]
- Looking to go out in style? Ghana's fantasy coffins. 4 months ago From the country that brought you Azonto music and kente cloth, today let’s enjoy the exuberance of a fantasy coffin! To say that funerals are a big deal in Ghana, […]
- Sodom and Gomorrah: a day trip to hell 6 months ago Over the last three years in Ghana I have seen desperately poor, tiny villages. I have seen the hopelessness of mentally ill, homeless people. I have seen simple, heart-breaking poverty. […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ghana Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Ghana!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on six degrees north
20:37 PM September 06, 2014
Very interesting blog. I just arrived in Accra for a visit with my husband who is working here and it was great to find information by other Australians who are living here.