Latest Blog Posts »
- International Day of the Girl. 1 week ago Today is the International Day of the Girl. Right on. I had no idea that this day even existed, but it does and rightly so. Girls still face a world where even in Australia, they will grow up making less money for doing the same job as their brothers. Around the world, girls on average […]
- I do it all to tell stories and live the stories. 2 weeks ago My photography has always been about the stories. The same goes for blogging. Storytelling is what brings different worlds together. I have found that I can be transported through time and space with images and words. It is what keeps me coming back to flip through my feed and what causes me to...
- To see the world. And a daily journal to help the cricket girls get there. 3 weeks ago I have found there is nothing like having a daughter standing on the verge of her teen years to recognise, shake and chastise the insecurity inside yourself. Now is not the time for apathy and fear because the worthwhile rewards are not just handed out, but come from dedication and hard work. I...
- Why I was wrong about cricket & why I think more mums should support the game. 2 months ago It is not true that the English invented cricket as a way of making all other human endeavours look interesting and lively; that was merely an unintended side effect. I don’t wish to denigrate a sport that is enjoyed by millions, some of them awake and facing the right way, but it is an odd […]
- Today was a treat. 1 month ago Relishing the sunshine despite the lingering chill. And buying sweets with pocket money. Picking up new-to-us books from a friend and dropping the boy at home to finish reading them before dinner. Taking a long slow walk with two of my girls. Where we ended up at the sea. Noticing simple beauty on...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Sesame Ellis has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!