Impressions of an Expat
Latest Blog Posts »
- animals 6 days ago E sends me a message, I don't feel good. I ask if it is from driving in her mother's car half of the day or if it is her stomach.
- I love you, baby 1 week ago Late in the afternoon
- brutal youth (and twenty seven wishes) 2 weeks ago He swings the book bag hard, thwacking her right across the face. I look up at the two of them, guessing they are both eleven, maybe twelve years old. He swings again, landing square on her nose and she is knocked back. A mother standing at the bottom of the stairs of the lobby separates them, as...
- I know you 3 weeks ago There is a moment when you pass them in the street. You smile and nod. You know they recognize you, walking with your child's guitar slung across your shoulder. They do not flinch. They know you. You sat next to each other in the back of the classroom for two years while your children studied...
- of cakes and trains 1 month ago E splashes in the bathtub behind a closed door. I remind her to scrub her neck and behind her ears. "Okaaaaay." She calls to me in her loud singsong voice. The cake is almost done, the middle still a bit soft to the touch. The kitchen smells of lemon and polenta and almonds. The windows are...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Impressions of an Expat has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!