People Call Me Sky
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Things I Overlooked. 3 days ago I’m relearning, and it is happening slowly, but it is happening. The hours spent writing and revising are now free and finding their way to the people around me. I didn’t realize how much I was missing...
- Welcome Back! 4 weeks ago I flew in on a Sunday night, and left Guatemala City before the crack of dawn to arrive at work on time for Monday morning. Then, this. What you see above is probably hour two into a nine hour wait on the highway due to protests. Add that to the...
- Like everything came back to me. 4 months ago It would seem that I am in a constant state of packing and unpacking. I am thankful because it means that I went home for graduation, and spent time with my family. It means I went back and watched my students graduate as well. And it means that...
- Relief. 5 months ago In this moment, I feel like my whole body is one giant sigh of relief. Dramatic, I know, but its real to me, okay? I finally graduated. Finally. My seniors graduated last night, taking one more thing off my plate, and the school year is...
- Taking five. 6 months ago I've been absent, dealing with the hack and life. Again, to those who offered encouragement, thank you, thank you, thank you. It is violating and frustrating and incites an explosion of profanity in my brain when I think about someone invading my...
Contest Entries »
- The Top 4 Reasons Living in Guatemala is Amazing, but Terrifying Expat Blog Awards 2013 When people ask me to describe living in Guatemala, I usually start my explanation with some variation of a story describing adventure. The rendition is entirely based on the audience- there are things that my mother, and grandmother for that...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Guatemala Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Guatemala!Copy and paste code to display the Guatemala Award Badge:
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Guatemala Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Guatemala!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on People Call Me Sky
00:52 AM November 12, 2012
"sky" is a sweet, awesome person! word home slice!
00:53 AM November 12, 2012
Sky, love you blog and your photos are amazing.
10:34 AM November 13, 2012
It´s easy to see how you are when I read your blog! many thanks for sharing us your life!