People Call Me Sky
Latest Blog Posts »
- Room for more 6 days ago I managed to snap this shot with my pups about a month ago while we were playing at school. That's right, plural- pups. We are not found lacking in the personality or spunk department with Dagny around, but when presented with an opportunity that...
- Update: The Darkroom Project 2 months ago While it’s not complete, The Darkroom Project website is finally updated. I still have to add our most recent project with the Roma in Slovakia, as well as the Guatemala project from last year, but we’ll take progress where we can get it.A few...
- Sumpango: Flying the Kites 2 months ago The raising of the kites was amazing. I've never seen anything like it, and am so thankful we went. But, it didn't end there. The giant kite in the last post wasn't flown, nor were 13 other giant kites, ranging from 8-20 meters. It just isn't possible, which I knew logically, but was still...
- Sumpango: Raising the Kites 2 months ago I'd heard of the kites in Sumpango, but never been. When someone describes large kites to you, its hard to get excited, because it doesn't sound that spectacular. But, it is. In my mind, large kites meant a 2 meters, not 20 meters. And, I imagine basic geometric shaped kites with blocks of...
- The Things I Overlooked. 5 months ago I’m relearning, and it is happening slowly, but it is happening. The hours spent writing and revising are now free and finding their way to the people around me. I didn’t realize how much I was missing...
Contest Entries »
- The Top 4 Reasons Living in Guatemala is Amazing, but Terrifying Expat Blog Awards 2013 When people ask me to describe living in Guatemala, I usually start my explanation with some variation of a story describing adventure. The rendition is entirely based on the audience- there are things that my mother, and grandmother for that...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Guatemala Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Guatemala!Copy and paste code to display the Guatemala Award Badge:
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Guatemala Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Guatemala!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on People Call Me Sky
00:52 AM November 12, 2012
"sky" is a sweet, awesome person! word home slice!
00:53 AM November 12, 2012
Sky, love you blog and your photos are amazing.
10:34 AM November 13, 2012
It´s easy to see how you are when I read your blog! many thanks for sharing us your life!