People Call Me Sky
Latest Blog Posts »
- Priorities 1 week ago This week made me feel like I was running on a hamster wheel, willing my feet to fly, but getting nowhere. The accreditation process has been a marathon, a valuable one at that, but time consuming doesn't even begin to describe the odyssey it has...
- Checking in. 1 week ago Long time, no see. Bronchitis hijacked my lungs for a couple weeks, and that set me back. My doctorate is also time consuming, though not enough lately, and I need to get back on my game. Work has been great, but stressful, and busy. We are going...
- Update: Mario and Victor 4 weeks ago Back in November, while working on the Darkroom Project, a couple of our boys were taken into police custody for sleeping on the street, remember? We've been trying to keep up with them as they get passed from one facility to the next, one city to the...
- Devin and Nikki 2 months ago Sorry for the downer post yesterday. Violence happens everywhere, not just here, I realize that. It's just that it was in front of me, in a place I love, which makes it personal. I could also envision something similar happening to one of the boys we worked with for the Darkroom Project, and...
- Fire on the Mountain. 2 months ago This will be brief, as I am in the middle of writing my comprehensive exam, but it was worth noting, so here goes:I'm finally settled in and in rhythm again, and that feels good. Grad work took over and forced me back into a schedule that I do not...
Contest Entries »
- The Top 4 Reasons Living in Guatemala is Amazing, but Terrifying Expat Blog Awards 2013 When people ask me to describe living in Guatemala, I usually start my explanation with some variation of a story describing adventure. The rendition is entirely based on the audience- there are things that my mother, and grandmother for that...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Guatemala Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Guatemala!Copy and paste code to display the Guatemala Award Badge:
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Guatemala Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Guatemala!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on People Call Me Sky
00:52 AM November 12, 2012
"sky" is a sweet, awesome person! word home slice!
00:53 AM November 12, 2012
Sky, love you blog and your photos are amazing.
10:34 AM November 13, 2012
It´s easy to see how you are when I read your blog! many thanks for sharing us your life!