People Call Me Sky
Latest Blog Posts »
- We spent Saturday morning hiking through the... 3 months ago We spent Saturday morning hiking through the hills near Quetzaltenango, and the rest of the weekend nursing the sunburn we acquired along the way. Steve and I fantasized about what life would be like, moving out of the city and up into the mountains....
- As always, its been too long. In the last post,... 4 months ago As always, its been too long. In the last post, I promised to reflect life as it really is. So, let's begin.I've been away, not because I've been too busy, though things have been, but because my computer and phone were stolen. I was in Guatemala...
- Reconnecting 5 months ago Remember that one time when I thought that I was ready to be back with the living? It wasn't true. It turns out that pneumonia knocks you on your butt for weeks, and the minute you get up, you need a nap. My boss made a comment the other day about...
- Back in action. 5 months ago This week my mom framed up the Norway Pine on yupo you see above. She also framed a similar large Pine on watercolor paper. It wasn't my typical subject to paint, but I had a blast this summer painting trees upon trees, upon trees, until these guys...
- Sick Day 6 months ago I stayed home from work today with a serious cold/cough combo. The kind of cold where your whole face hurts, and enough coughing to give you a headache. The mug was a gift from a friend last year, who connected the hearts from Minneapolis to Xela. ...
Contest Entries »
- The Top 4 Reasons Living in Guatemala is Amazing, but Terrifying Expat Blog Awards 2013 When people ask me to describe living in Guatemala, I usually start my explanation with some variation of a story describing adventure. The rendition is entirely based on the audience- there are things that my mother, and grandmother for that...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Guatemala Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Guatemala!Copy and paste code to display the Guatemala Award Badge:
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Guatemala Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Guatemala!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on People Call Me Sky
00:52 AM November 12, 2012
"sky" is a sweet, awesome person! word home slice!
00:53 AM November 12, 2012
Sky, love you blog and your photos are amazing.
10:34 AM November 13, 2012
It´s easy to see how you are when I read your blog! many thanks for sharing us your life!