People Call Me Sky
Latest Blog Posts »
- Reconnecting 3 weeks ago Remember that one time when I thought that I was ready to be back with the living? It wasn't true. It turns out that pneumonia knocks you on your butt for weeks, and the minute you get up, you need a nap. My boss made a comment the other day about...
- Back in action. 2 months ago This week my mom framed up the Norway Pine on yupo you see above. She also framed a similar large Pine on watercolor paper. It wasn't my typical subject to paint, but I had a blast this summer painting trees upon trees, upon trees, until these guys...
- Sick Day 2 months ago I stayed home from work today with a serious cold/cough combo. The kind of cold where your whole face hurts, and enough coughing to give you a headache. The mug was a gift from a friend last year, who connected the hearts from Minneapolis to Xela. ...
- Like a weed 2 months ago The studio is nearly finished- the walls have been painted white, and we've power washed the space, which means it'll probably stay dust-free for ten minutes. The work benches are nearly complete, just waiting on a table vice installation and there...
- In the studio: Kitting it out 3 months ago The excitement over finally finding a studio led to a momentary lapse, where we thought all we'd have to do is paint the walls white and we'd be in business. And then I realized that my easel is tucked away in storage, along with everything else from...
Contest Entries »
- The Top 4 Reasons Living in Guatemala is Amazing, but Terrifying Expat Blog Awards 2013 When people ask me to describe living in Guatemala, I usually start my explanation with some variation of a story describing adventure. The rendition is entirely based on the audience- there are things that my mother, and grandmother for that...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Guatemala Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Guatemala!Copy and paste code to display the Guatemala Award Badge:
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Guatemala Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Guatemala!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on People Call Me Sky
00:52 AM November 12, 2012
"sky" is a sweet, awesome person! word home slice!
00:53 AM November 12, 2012
Sky, love you blog and your photos are amazing.
10:34 AM November 13, 2012
It´s easy to see how you are when I read your blog! many thanks for sharing us your life!