Life and Times of the Dominican Gringa
Latest Blog Posts »
- Visiting the Street Barber 1 week ago I finally decided that I needed a real haircut instead of cutting my own like I’ve been doing for the last year. I went to the corner of Calle Olegario Vargas in front of where the barber (Barbero in Spanish) sits outside with his mirror, an extension cord with clippers attached and his little...
- Abused Dog In The Tree 3 months ago How can humans be so cruel!? It just amazes and disgusts me. A puppy, innocent and sweet enduring such cruel treatment. This morning walking on one of the paths at the Faro a Colón (Columbus Lighthouse) the dogs were looking down a steep wall into the grass. There was a dog down there. I threw...
- Easter Robber In Orange 7 months ago Sleeping soundly at 3 am with visions of jelly beans in my head (I don’t have any jelly beans but a can at least dream of them). I hear yelling outside. I ignore it. Then more yelling. So I rise from my bed to see what was the matter. I peek out the window. *Important […]
- Bees Candy 11 months ago Bees Candy – Views From My Balcony There must be a bee hive forming near my apartment. The last week these cute little stinging bees have been invading my apartment. I felt so bad that one bee even drown in my coffee. I figured that I’d put a little treat out for them to enjoy […]
- Early Morning Solicit 1 year ago I was walking the dogs as usual this morning. We left the apartment around 5AM so I could walk without sweating to death which didn’t work. I had a good sweat going before I even got to the street. Today we ended up at the Fuerte and Iglesia Santa Barbara. They have taken down the […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Life and Times of the Dominican Gringa
15:42 PM November 21, 2012
Hi Jan, not sure if you remember me, we were in contact back in 2002/2003 I went to visit you in SD with my now husband Carlos I believe at that time you were dating a Carlos as well. We lost contact around the time of your son's passing and my heart goes out to you. We were in SD in April and I was wondering if you still lived there by the park. If you receive this message I would love to hear from you. your friend in Canada Barb