Life and Times of the Dominican Gringa
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Swinging Chicken and Her Man 3 days ago In my neighborhood we have many free-roaming chickens. I really don’t know who the owners are or where they call their home, but they are very well kept and pretty. The Rooster struts around all day and starts his crowing early in the morning. It is a call and response type thing, he crows then...
- Buenagente Visits The Zone in Christmas Finest 6 days ago I decided I best get to the Zone to get some pictures in the daylight so I got Buenagente all dressed up in his Christmas finest. His grandmaw, Mammy, mailed both of the dogs Christmas collars and I sewed up a hat for both dogs. So, at 12:30pm we were off to see what and […]
- Morning Walkabout October 25 2 months ago October 25 is a difficult day. It is the day my son William Jay Keys died. Billy Jay was only 23 when he died on October 25, 2003. It was the worst day of my life. Every year I try to take a little vacation and be near some water because his ashes were placed […]
- Crazy Naked Lady 2 months ago Some of the crazy stuff we see in the mornings in the city. This woman, completely naked, was walking along the highway in front of us this morning. She is often seen in the streets in the area. I have seen Crazy Naked Lady before in the Colonial Zone as have many others. I have […]
- Visiting the Street Barber 2 months ago I finally decided that I needed a real haircut instead of cutting my own like I’ve been doing for the last year. I went to the corner of Calle Olegario Vargas in front of where the barber (Barbero in Spanish) sits outside with his mirror, an extension cord with clippers attached and his little...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Life and Times of the Dominican Gringa
15:42 PM November 21, 2012
Hi Jan, not sure if you remember me, we were in contact back in 2002/2003 I went to visit you in SD with my now husband Carlos I believe at that time you were dating a Carlos as well. We lost contact around the time of your son's passing and my heart goes out to you. We were in SD in April and I was wondering if you still lived there by the park. If you receive this message I would love to hear from you. your friend in Canada Barb