Life and Times of the Dominican Gringa
Latest Blog Posts »
- Early Morning Solicit 6 months ago I was walking the dogs as usual this morning. We left the apartment around 5AM so I could walk without sweating to death which didn’t work. I had a good sweat going before I even got to the street. Today we ended up at the Fuerte and Iglesia Santa Barbara. They have taken down the […]
- Carnaval La Vega, Baby! 9 months ago I usually don´t get into the Carnival much these days. I hate sweaty humans all mashing and grinding into me. I am always worried about getting hit by a vejiga (one of the hard bladder ball hitty things the Diablo Cojuelos carry around) and having to get a 3rd back operation without any insurance...
- Las Terrenas For My Birthday 10 months ago I know, my birthday was in October. So I’m a little slow in the posting. Better late than never. The entire story in pictures (and a video) located here, Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic. It was a great trip. Juan Carlos of JC Taxi drove me and the kids. I could not go without my dogs […]
- Carnival Ciudad Colonial 2016 10 months ago I completely forgot that there was going to be a little carnival procession parade passing by my apartment. I was in my apartment watching the Friday edition of the soap opera “Days Of Our Lives” which I’ve been watching since I was a young ‘un. Anyhow, I heard the noise and ran to put some...
- Taking Buenagente For A Ride 11 months ago Just a short slide show video of Juan Carlos (JC Taxi) and me, the Momma, taking Buenagente for a ride in the car to visit the vet. We are acting silly as usual.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Life and Times of the Dominican Gringa
15:42 PM November 21, 2012
Hi Jan, not sure if you remember me, we were in contact back in 2002/2003 I went to visit you in SD with my now husband Carlos I believe at that time you were dating a Carlos as well. We lost contact around the time of your son's passing and my heart goes out to you. We were in SD in April and I was wondering if you still lived there by the park. If you receive this message I would love to hear from you. your friend in Canada Barb