Russia Lite by Jennifer Eremeeva
Latest Blog Posts »
- Charge up your Light Brigades, Chaps! It's Crimea 2.0! 1 week ago Lucy Milne made two rather foolhardy bets last night over the sukiyaki and sushi. She bet 50 bucks that Hillary Clinton will absolutely be the next president of the United States. Not just the Democratic nominee, but President. I took that bet, and have already decided to invest the proceeds in...
- Vladimir Putin's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week 2 weeks ago On one thing, at least, Vladimir Putin and I can agree: this week has been uphill work. In just seven, action-packed days, we’ve gone from Russia Redux to Russia Redundant. To recap: the harbinger of doom (dark figure skating costume; dark words) Evgeny Plushenko pulled out of the men’s...
- Valentine's Day/День Святого Валентина: Romance: A Primer 3 weeks ago Today is Valentine’s Day! Russians have taken to this holiday with gusto! You can’t move in Moscow today without tripping over something heart-shaped or red. St. Valentine was a Roman who performed the Christian marriage rite when Christianity was about as legal as gay marriage. He...
- Test Your Knowledge of Russia — History and Geography 2 months ago Readers, the Olympics are less than a month away! The eyes of the world will soon be trained on Russia! Be sure you aren’t caught out in your expert knowledge of Russian history and geography! So, how did you do? Are you a serf or a tsar? Admittedly, these are hard questions, but Russia Lite...
- New Year's/Новый год: Is This Christmas?? 4 months ago The holiday season in our American-Russian family is a marathon, not a sprint.
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Russia Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Russia!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Russia Lite by Jennifer Eremeeva
18:21 PM November 29, 2012
Not many things make me miss Moscow, but Jennifer always does. If you have any interest in Russia but you haven't yet read this blog, you have no idea what you've been missing! Start reading, there is a lot of catching up to do.
18:40 PM November 19, 2013
A witty, open and insightful blog, Jennifer can be relied upon to show you the funnier, and tastier, side of life in this crazy capital.