Russia Lite by Jennifer Eremeeva
Latest Blog Posts »
- A Tale of Two Torches: The Week in Review 2 months ago Cabin Fever Strikes A sinus infection – I seem to get one each time I re-enter Russia after an absence of more than two weeks – has kept me indoors for a few days, resulting in an ancillary case of cabin fever. I’ve been a little too listless to work but alert enough to become […]
- Day of the Bureau of Technical Inventory BTI/День инвентаризатора (День работника БТИ): HRH Updates His Dream Home 8 months ago HRH and Jennifer dust off their Bureau of Technical Inventory documents for an apartment renovation that sounds so much better in French! Be it ever so humble, there’s no place like home. ~ John Howard Payne Congratulations to all (and you are legion) the good people who work in the Bureau of...
- The Domestic Goddess of the Green Line 9 months ago Here’s one of the great unsolved mysteries of the universe: why does the Alumni Magazine get through the floundering Russian postal system with a regularity you can set your clock by, but The New Yorker almost never appears? Why isn’t it the other way round? Still, fresh reading material...
- Snow Tires for the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse 11 months ago Russians don’t go in for the notion of climate change, and given recent events, can we blame them? A few days shy of the official opening day of winter in Russia, the heaviest snowfall in fifty years blanketed the Moscow Region. It was, in the immortal words of the elderly Native American who...
- Mascot Mitt 1 year ago Democrats like me are still sighing with relief at President Obama’s victory in the most recent election. It was a close run thing – so close that rumor has it Mitt Romney did not even have a concession speech prepared. It’s clear from recent post-election analysis that the Romney camp is...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Russia Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Russia!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Russia Lite by Jennifer Eremeeva
18:21 PM November 29, 2012
Not many things make me miss Moscow, but Jennifer always does. If you have any interest in Russia but you haven't yet read this blog, you have no idea what you've been missing! Start reading, there is a lot of catching up to do.
18:40 PM November 19, 2013
A witty, open and insightful blog, Jennifer can be relied upon to show you the funnier, and tastier, side of life in this crazy capital.