An Expat's Norway
Latest Blog Posts »
- 5 Questions To Viking And Wife: Learning From Multicultural Couples 1 month ago Couples create a world of their own, governed by unwritten rules that establish a certain dynamic; a dance that can seem more or less harmonious to those on the outside. We can speculate all we want, only the partners know how to balance each other out. I sometimes wonder which part of my...
- Five Lessons about Coffee Culture in the Nordics 1 month ago How do Norwegians like their coffee? the answer is to infinity and beyond. Coffee is a central part of social life and its characteristics go further than just keeping you awake. They keep you company Norwegians like their coffee : Black. Although most Norwegians like their coffee without the...
- When Mums Mean Business 2 months ago “Mumpreneurs”… What is that? I met Babou Olengha-Aaby sometime in the fall of 2013. I remember it was a sunny day and regretted there were no windows in the cafe of our rendezvous. There was no need for it though, Babou shines with passion for what she does. She presented her idea about...
- Winter: How Do You Cope With the Other Side of Christmas? 3 months ago January and February are BY FAR the toughest months for me. Why? Because they are the coldest, darkest months and the closest thing to look forward to (Easter) feels too far… Yet here I am. Well planted in Norway with snow up to my knees (it’s not as bad as it sounds, I’m 155cm). I [...] The...
- A new Yoga Studio in Oslo! 3 months ago Kelsi writes: Leela Yoga now offers daily classes taught in both Norwegian and English. Come enjoy one of the 27 classes on offer, a beautiful yoga store and sit down for a cup of coffee or tea with our selection of kale chips and something sweet from PUR Oslo! Read more...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on An Expat's Norway
20:56 PM March 04, 2013
Hi Gisele Been reading your blog on Norway. Am looking for a job in Norway for about 3-4 months. Was wondering if you could throw some light on going about with it. I am a Portuguese national. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Hoping to hear from you. Regards. James.
21:56 PM June 08, 2013
Gisele, Thank you for taking the time to enlighten us about life in Norway (and Paris). I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts. They are fun and witty and full of helpful information for people moving there or even people just wanting to know what it's like, not to mention it's hilarious. You definitely don't suffer from a bad sense of humor! Your descriptive skills are impeccable and I am very impressed by your eloquence and fluency in so many languages. Thank you also for being approachable and for answering my personal questions. It's been a pleasure coming across your bog and meeting you in cyber space!
22:07 PM June 08, 2013
This is the best blog I have read! I am travelling to Norway and have found this blog to be so useful and helpful! I feel more comfortable with travelling there since reading all the neat and informative information and habits that I may encounter! Keep up the good work...
06:27 AM June 09, 2013
As an expat I'm always looking for good tips, advices or simple entertainment. Expat's norway not only give me this type of information but the writing is sharp and entertaining. My favorite article is without a doubt in the one in October 26, 2012 “Navnefest”: an alternative-but-just-as-fun celebration. It was very informative as well as entertaining! So here is the deal if you want to learn something new while cracking up, read An Expat's Norway Thinking out loud about daily life in a scandinavian country! TWO WHUMBS UP!!
15:40 PM June 09, 2013
An Expat's Norway is the ideal place to search and feel at home when moving to Norway. Gisèle with her humor really bring a new light to our Norwegian experience. She answered generously my question regarding immigration and D-nummer card. She's been a huge help!
18:12 PM June 09, 2013
Gisèle takes you through Norway's culture and daily life with dedication and humor. Love her writing.
08:01 AM June 11, 2013
I love her blogs, I learn about Norway in a funny and very interesting way.... Continue like this thank you!
08:23 AM June 12, 2013
Hi Gisèle, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in Norway. Your Blog is really a fun way to inform oneself about Norway's culture. btw, I love your new app. 'Expat-Friendly Events in Oslo'! Super handy!!! :-)
15:57 PM June 16, 2013
I love your writing style. Very refreshing!!
15:28 PM June 17, 2013
Hola Gisele Me parece muy buen idea que escribas sobre tu experiencia como expat,porque asi ayudas a la gente que pasa por tu situacion a acoplarse mas facilmente ademas de hacer una comunidad mas unida donde se apoyan para qeu sea mas facil la transicion del cambio de pais. Muchas felicidades por tu blog esta increible... Besos love you.
22:39 PM July 14, 2013
I found all the things i needed here!! Has i already wrote to Gisele, her blog is very informative and kept me since the first page to the last one. If you (readers)step by on her blog, you'll find a mix of personal experiences and an enjoyable and concious way to face and analyse them. Even the differences are exposed within a very refreshing writing. Very worth of it.
10:57 AM July 24, 2013
I recommend this blog to everyone, even if not living in Norway. Gisele manages to write in an informative and amusing way that makes you want to read more and more. Every post brightens my day. Keep up the good work!!
14:32 PM July 24, 2013
What I enjoy the most about your blog is that you make it extremely easy for anyone to get into your shoes in a matter of seconds and also, how out of nowhere, the most unexpected things seem to happen! Anyone who reads this blog is definitely in for a treat...and many laughs! Your writing style is like what many people have mentioned: very refreshing :) Keep writing!
22:32 PM October 29, 2013
Just one word : thank you!! Thank you for making me laugh each time i come to your blog...it´s just a moment of pure pleasure in my day! I love the way you see people, the way you see things and life. Norway Is really lucky to have you as an expact... And please, promiss me not to stop writting your blog, it brings sun in our long dark days!! Sincerely, Clarisse
20:11 PM October 30, 2013
Thank you Gisele for sharing your expat experience with us! I love your style and it always is a pleasure to discover more about Norway, its culture and its population through your writings. Keep the hard work and moreover keep having fun writing your blog so can keep laughing while reading it!!!!!
21:00 PM October 31, 2013
I discovered your blog a few weeks ago while organizing a trip to Norway and I have to say that is was extremely helpful .... and I loved reading it!! it is fun and addictive! Thank you for your great tips and funny stories! Please keep sharing your Norwegian experiences with us!
19:56 PM November 05, 2013
Thank you for sharing ,in a very Funny way , all your experiences in the Scandinavian World....The tips from a Latina girl are always full of energy for the Life. If its too cold outside...come to your computer and relax with Gisele's Blog. CARPE DIEM!
10:36 AM November 11, 2013
A fantastic blog and a wonderful resource for expats. The events list in particular is a 'must-bookmark' for any expats living in Norway.